[Guide] Ivy Guide for Beginners [Guide]

I never got around to do it unfortunately. This summer I might consider doing it though but right now I have a load of exams to focus on.

I never got around to do it unfortunately. This summer I might consider doing it though but right now I have a load of exams to focus on.

I see. Well, I hope you get to do it someday. Good luck on your exams; good thing I am free of them forever!

The links have been updated, sorry if this has confused some people!

Awww this is sweet.

Just saw insidious's comment, Con actually stands for contra which is latin for against, difficulty does go against lol

I did this ages ago now lol. Haven't had time to make a better one.

Wonderful guide @Mage

Thank you. I will learn much from this. I am new to 3D fighters, Soul Calibur is my first entry.

How wonderful it is, that I can play/practice at home, gain knowledge here, add more muscle memory into my reflexes by playing the original Soul Calibur on my iOS.... all this "being surrounded" by SC is a blessing. I can literally play anytime, anywhere. Good time to be mastering this game.

Wonderful guide @Mage

Thank you. I will learn much from this. I am new to 3D fighters, Soul Calibur is my first entry.

How wonderful it is, that I can play/practice at home, gain knowledge here, add more muscle memory into my reflexes by playing the original Soul Calibur on my iOS.... all this "being surrounded" by SC is a blessing. I can literally play anytime, anywhere. Good time to be mastering this game.
Thanks! I'm glad it's being helpful for you to learn from :-)

@Mage

I've been playing Soul Calibur (dreamcast port) that's on iOS For awhile now. I was wondering if there is any Ivy combo guide or any other training material for this game? (Soul Calibur 1 - Dreamcast)

I've searched on these forums but the earliest I find is Soul Calibur II Online HD Ivy section -> To my knowledge, read somewhere on the internet, Ivy's moveset changed dramatically from part 1 to 2? and most of her moves from part II are not in Soul Calibur 1 - if this is true, it's a shame for I hear part II is when she became badass with cool new moves and combo strings which remained her main staple till this day. Could be conjecture, still, thought I'd bring it up since you guys would know more.

That said, I would greatly appreciate if someone can direct me to a Ivy guide for Soul Calibur 1. I've tried searching google/YouTube but everything regarding Ivy SC1 guides or YouTube video are mostly for HD 2 online all the way up to Soul Calibur V. I love playing SCV when at home but on the road/work it's all about my iOS SC port - I want to get better with this version of Ivy too, help please.

Last edited:
@Mage

I've been playing Soul Calibur (dreamcast port) that's on iOS For awhile now. I was wondering if there is any Ivy combo guide or any other training material for this game? (Soul Calibur 1 - Dreamcast)

I've searched on these forums but the earliest I find is Soul Calibur II Online HD Ivy section -> To my knowledge, read somewhere on the internet, Ivy's moveset changed dramatically from part 1 to 2? and most of her moves from part II are not in Soul Calibur 1 - if this is true, it's a shame for I hear part II is when she became badass with cool new moves and combo strings which remained her main staple till this day. Could be conjecture, still, thought I'd bring it up since you guys would know more.

That said, I would greatly appreciate if someone can direct me to a Ivy guide for Soul Calibur 1. I've tried searching google/YouTube but everything regarding Ivy SC1 guides or YouTube video are mostly for HD 2 online all the way up to Soul Calibur V. I love playing SCV when at home but on the road/work it's all about my iOS SC port - I want to get better with this version of Ivy too, help please.

The training mode is abysmal so I have no idea how many of these are actual combos.
44B+K (delay release) → 8B+K (116)
33A → 3B → 2B (72)
3B → 2B (35)
CH 3B → 8B+K (77)
1B+K → 22K (62)
66A → 2B (61)
44B → 2K (44)
Jump B → 22K (54)
CH 4A → 3B → 2B
3[K] → 22K
1B+K → 4bA nonsense
and of course FC 1B → BT B → 8B+K or the slightly less damaging but more guaranteed FC 1B → G → 8B+K

also jump A is monstrous in this game

The training mode is abysmal so I have no idea how many of these are actual combos.
44B+K (delay release) → 8B+K (116)
33A → 3B → 2B (72)
3B → 2B (35)
CH 3B → 8B+K (77)
1B+K → 22K (62)
66A → 2B (61)
44B → 2K (44)
Jump B → 22K (54)
CH 4A → 3B → 2B
3[K] → 22K
1B+K → 4bA nonsense
and of course FC 1B → BT B → 8B+K or the slightly less damaging but more guaranteed FC 1B → G → 8B+K

also jump A is monstrous in this game

Damn it! I love you. Lol. Thank you.

Yea I agree, the training mode is pretty barebones - though I'm still grateful for it. I wish they (Project Soul) would support iOS controllers. I have the icade core iOS fight stick. This game is "amazingly" fun while on mobile. I would love to play it with a controller. Even though, I have the iPhone 6plus and the extra screen space greatly helps by giving my hands enough space for the virtual stick (which is pretty impressive) compared to other crappy virtual control games - I would still prefer stick/controller even while on the go.

iCade with Soul Calibur (jailbroken iPad though to make the stick compatible with Soul Calibur):

MOGA Rebel:

I hope, Project Soul can somehow bring SCV or SCVI to iOS/Android now or in the near future with the more powerful mobile devices coming out. Especially now that Nividia just revealed on Jan 4th the Tegra X1 chip (this mobile superchip runs at 1teraflop and has 256 cores - that's bananas!) runs full console/desktop... games/engines on mobile devices. 2015 + is going to be a strong time for mobile devices.

Nividia Tegra X1 Reveal:

Last edited:
Forgot she has 2A+B.
CH 2A+B → 8B+K - 89
CH 1A+B → 2A+B - 80ish
Jump B → 2A+B - 63ish

Well I hope this thread is still being looked at because I need some help. So I am trying to get into SCV...been playing it on and off for a year (not very good). I have been training with Ivy for a couple days now...like her moves, the only one that is giving me so much trouble is her CS my god that move is annoying to pull off. But another thing is, I feel like SCV move list doesn't have every move for that character. I saw in one of the videos Mage posted Ivy doing an UA that I have no found in her Move list. So is there any where I can find a list of every single move she has so I can practice them? I play Xbox 360 version. My gamer tag is M3gaToxic, if you send me a FR just let me know that you are from the forums. If no FR thats cool. Just looking for some help since I am not really great at fighting games.

Thanks!

The move list contains all moves
If you have troubled with CS, try doing it by holding the stick down or up, then press the opposite direction on the dpad twice then :4::4::6:

Practice doing 6b8k and learn to punish (means hitting them before they can recover from having their moved blocked) moves with it.

Learn to keep opponents out by utilising movement and her long reach moves like :6:(hold)B

Bon chance :)

The move list contains all moves
If you have troubled with CS, try doing it by holding the stick down or up, then press the opposite direction on the dpad twice then :4::4::6:

Practice doing 6b8k and learn to punish (means hitting them before they can recover from having their moved blocked) moves with it.

Learn to keep opponents out by utilising movement and her long reach moves like :6:(hold)B

Bon chance :)

Thanks, isn't CS :2::8::2::8::4::6::6:? I was trying to do it with :4::A+B: I got it twice in training but can not get it anymore. I have also read doing it the way you mentioned but when I am fighting isn't it going to be a little hard holding the stick down or up and inputting the rest? I will try 6B8K move you mentioned. I have been watching Link in tournaments...he is pretty good at doing CS but he uses fight stick so not sure if it is easier. He also does this one move/combo that uses burst (forgot what the gauge bar is called next to health bar).

Thanks! :sc4ivy1:

Thanks, isn't CS :2::8::2::8::4::6::6:?
Yes, and at the end you need to press :B+G: to perform the grab.

I believe the "gauge" is called the Soul Meter.. and the "combo" you might be thinking of is the :A+G::BE: which is a "Brave Edge" grab.

Back