Hairy axe wound?!...Eat it!!! COMBOS!!!!

yea it does that sometimes, like im sure it counts 1[a]b as a 2 hit combo as well even though the B follow up can always be blocked

I just confirmed that it's not an actual combo. Fuck you, Bamco... Not that I was going to abuse it, but this kinda pisses me off.

Edit: It doesn't look like 4[A+B] hits every character. It whiffs on Voldo, at the very least.

3[A+B], 44 isn't guaranteed, but it's pretty damn hard to escape. You can only step it to Asta's left. Since it puts you in crouch, you have to wait until you stand to step right if you're on the 1p side.

unfortunatly it doesnt work because everything can be blocked after CH 3a+b, even 2k or 6k is too slow. it looks like there is massive frame advantage but they can block anything you do.

best option after CH 3a+b imo is either:
4[a+b] (can be escaped by jumping backwards, will still hit some characters but won't grab if they jump)
low grab (can be escaped if they hold G - i swear this is a bug)
44b for SG damage

The same crap happens with some of Rock's crouch throw setups.

I haven't touched Asta in SC4 yet, just curious on one thing: Nobody is mentioning his JF B throw and 4 as a follow up. If it's guaranteed, seems to be good damage and good wakes? Or is it not guaranteed anymore?

I haven't touched Asta in SC4 yet, just curious on one thing: Nobody is mentioning his JF B throw and 4 as a follow up. If it's guaranteed, seems to be good damage and good wakes? Or is it not guaranteed anymore?

It's guaranteed and do only 6 less damage than the standard 22_88B

But i don't use it, as I feel a backroll after kill any "real" wakes you could use, as it put your opponent outside of throw range, maybe even 4B and 6K range (got to test it again). You could dash up a bit to get in range, but opponent may interrupt you.

Try 28:B+G too, 5 less damage than 22_88B and offer the same type of wakes. It's your call :)

I have a hard time beleiving that since I was unable start it on CH WS K which gives the same stun and recovers you faster, but if it hasnt been tested by tomorrow I'll give it a shot.

I have a hard time beleiving that since I was unable start it on CH WS K which gives the same stun and recovers you faster, but if it hasnt been tested by tomorrow I'll give it a shot.

ch BT b+k is the same stun as ch 6b

I haven't tried it but supposedly CH BT B+K, G, 22[K], 22B works for 91 dmg

it does work, i listed ch bt b+k, 22[k] as a tech trap but its actually a combo :). you have to do it pretty quick though otherwise the 22[k] will launch, so change your followup accordingly.

will update the thread now, also found some new tech traps:

44b, low grab
WRa, low grab (near wall)
8_9b, low grab (near wall)
22k, low grab
6[b+k], low grab (delay)
CH 6k, low grab (delay)
CH 6b+k, low grab (near wall)
1a, low grab (near wall, delay)
9b+k_[b+k], low grab (near wall)
ch 66b, 3a+b_b+g (on knockdown)
ch 2b+k, low grab - this one is great because when you whiff the low grab cos of CH, just mash out low grab and it will tech trap :p
66[k], 3a+b_b+g (on knockdown)

NC means natural combo, which further means that the attack string will combo once the first attack lands on normal and counter hit.

NCC mean natural combo on counter hit, which further means that the attack string will combo only if the first attack was a counter hit.

Cool thx, played SC series since 1 but my first time on a forum for it. Could anyone tell me what the whole tech trap thing is?

well a tech is when you get up immediately when you're on the ground by pressing G + a direction (aka. ukemi). a tech trap is an attack specifically aimed at people doing this and guarentees a hit which can't be avoided if they tech :)

try and test this in training mode. first set the dummy to ukemi in a direction of your choice, in the freestyle options.

then do 4, 2a+g_b+g.

the 2a+g_b+g (low grab) will catch them when they tech.

if there are many notations you don't understand, you should give this thread a quick read through, it will give you an insight to pretty much all the basics :) http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/newbie-silencer-t76/

hehe yea, wake up is pretty similar i think.

whereas a tech trap specifically targets the tech, 'wake up' or 'on wake' etc. is generally your options as the opponent gets up. like i would say astas 22_88b is nice on wake, but its not a tech trap

someone correct me if i am wrong, thats what i make of it :)

Back