Hardest game ever

Organous

[09] Warrior
I'll keep this short, because I know I'll be getting a lot of stories out of this. What game do you believe is the hardest you've ever played, and why?
Personally, I've had many challenges, and the one that I hold the biggest grudge with is Destiny of an Emperor. This strategy game was the ancestor of modern-day Destiny Warrior games. You used armies consisting of up to 5 generals each, your HP is basically the size of the general's army and your strength becomes proportional to that. You kinda have magic, but it takes the form of "tactics." By the time you get to the final boss battle, each army consists of 20,000+ soldiers. I took out all of the boss's allies, used all my critical-hit inducer items, and got him down to 1 soldier. What happened? Well, Mr. Infinite-Tactic-Points recovered to full health and I just had nothing left to take him out. To this day, I have not beaten it, so I hold a very strong love-hate relationship with it.
The game that I believe is most challenging with minimal aid of glitches would have to be Battletoads. They just don't make games like this, anymore, and I've noticed something. After looking at Rockman NETA 2 (see my other thread on that subject), I've concluded that it just doesn't matter how difficult any game gets nowadays. It's practically impossible to specifically design a difficult-yet-beatable game without finding someone who finds one thing they overlooked to break it eight ways from Sunday.

ninja gaiden I and II on the hardest difficulty comes to my mind immediatly. that shit was fucking hard! it took me months to finally finsih that. where as and normal difficulty took a matter of a few days. The AI was just ruthless and the amount of enemies in one battle was so overwhelming sometimes. then you finally get through that little battle and your health is next to nothing, you have no money, no way to replensih your health. wow that was fucked. But one of my favorite games ever besides sc4.

Touhou 8 on lunatic difficulty gave me a lot more trouble and frustration than it should have, especially when going for the good ending.

I'll keep this short, because I know I'll be getting a lot of stories out of this. What game do you believe is the hardest you've ever played, and why?
Personally, I've had many challenges, and the one that I hold the biggest grudge with is Destiny of an Emperor. This strategy game was the ancestor of modern-day Destiny Warrior games. You used armies consisting of up to 5 generals each, your HP is basically the size of the general's army and your strength becomes proportional to that. You kinda have magic, but it takes the form of "tactics." By the time you get to the final boss battle, each army consists of 20,000+ soldiers. I took out all of the boss's allies, used all my critical-hit inducer items, and got him down to 1 soldier. What happened? Well, Mr. Infinite-Tactic-Points recovered to full health and I just had nothing left to take him out. To this day, I have not beaten it, so I hold a very strong love-hate relationship with it.
The game that I believe is most challenging with minimal aid of glitches would have to be Battletoads. They just don't make games like this, anymore, and I've noticed something. After looking at Rockman NETA 2 (see my other thread on that subject), I've concluded that it just doesn't matter how difficult any game gets nowadays. It's practically impossible to specifically design a difficult-yet-beatable game without finding someone who finds one thing they overlooked to break it eight ways from Sunday.

The hardest game I ever played was Shinobi (on PS2). The game was not broken in any way, it was just designed that way, and I LIKED it because it required real mastery and skill to beat it. First of all, there are no healing items in the game, you can't level up and become stronger, and finally your sword has to constantly keep absorbing souls. So what that means is that while you are killing enemies your sword can absorb their souls, but if you are not it will absorb yours and they you die. So you have to go through levels very fast and keep killing enemies.

And then comes the final boss, the hardest boss in any game I ever played. One mistake and you are dead, seriously. He teleports all over the place, sometimes just hangs in the air, and your window of opportunity to hit him is very short, just several seconds, and then he becomes invulnerable and counter-attacks. And of course during the entire fight he has a horde of minions that are always chasing you, the only good thing about it being that when you kill them sometimes they will drop white orbs that heal you. Oh, and even when you hit the boss normally you only take a tiny portion of his health. The way to beat him is to charge your sword by killing a number of enemies in a quick succession. When you hit the boss with a charged sword you take a lot more health, but your sword only stays charged for a couple of seconds. And you can never stay on one spot longer than 1 second, unless you want to keep dying that is. So you have to keep constantly dashing around, killing minions in order to heal and charge your sword, and wait for the chance to hit the boss in the 2 seconds he is vulnerable. I finally beat him, but it took all the gaming skill I ever had acquired through years and years of gaming, plus immense amounts of patience and concentration. And that was on Normal difficulty. This is the only game that truly requires you to be a Ninja!

And Shinobi is harder than Ninja Gaiden I. Much harder (on Normal difficulty that is). Ninja Gaiden's trick is to just get in the rhytm of avoiding attacks and then counter-attacking, plus all bosses have patterns, and you can buy healing items. You have none of that in Shinobi. All you got is yourself and whatever skill you bring to the table.

I don't know about the hardest game ever, but I know this is one of the hardest bosses ever:

Oh yeah, ninja gaiden game are hard too...

Good lord that shump replay just blew my mind! That's honestly the most insane thing I've seen in video games maybe ever.

Shinobi for the PS2 may be hard by design, but its POOR design. I think that pretty much excludes it. A ninja shouldn't drown in 2 feet of water.

And the final boss in Mushihimesama wasn't that hard... it only LOOKs hard. If you ask me, the final boss in ESPGaluda was even harder... because she nullified your abilities; and if you used your supers, it GAVE her life.

I dunno I found this kinda tough
the guy in the video isn't having a really hard time because hes using easy mode border team.

Japanese Hector Hard Mode in Fire Emblem 7 was ridiculous. Kind of curious on how I'd fare if I tried it now since I'm way better at the game, but luna druids with capped magic pretty much force you to play completely differently.

FE6 normal mode was pretty difficult, so I can only assume that hard mode is even worse, but I can't get myself to try it because of really bad level design in some cases. Most of the difficulty in that game came from enemy reinforcements popping out on the enemy turn without you being ready for it, which pretty much never happens in any of the newer games. It makes for some cheap laughs because sometimes the units are particularly strong and you don't stand a chance (Rutger).

Call of Duty: World at War on veteran. 3 hits and you are dead, you get shot as soon as you pop out of cover, and the enemies have an endless grenade fest and the enemies have an infinite spawn until you move forward.

Call of Duty: World at War on veteran. 3 hits and you are dead, you get shot as soon as you pop out of cover, and the enemies have an endless grenade fest and the enemies have an infinite spawn until you move forward.

i dont think it can be that hard. try COD2 on veteran or COD4. planting bombs on tanks and trying to pass by infinite respawning enemies to do so. or the Normandy part in COD2 :P

but the hardest i've played recently is probably COD4. that last final mission on the plane is near impossible. you gotta be perfect or you won't make it to the end, in the 1 minute they give you.

i dont think it can be that hard. try COD2 on veteran or COD4. planting bombs on tanks and trying to pass by infinite respawning enemies to do so. or the Normandy part in COD2 :P

but the hardest i've played recently is probably COD4. that last final mission on the plane is near impossible. you gotta be perfect or you won't make it to the end, in the 1 minute they give you.

Have you even tried COD world at war on Veteran? That shit made me throw my controller more than anyother game.

shaq fu
cuz its hard to play beyond 5 minutes

but ima say Contra NES no cheats or Ninja Gaiden 2

Back