HDTV lag

KiraxSummers

[13] Hero
Hey guys,

So I recently had a 47 inch 3D tv installed at my place and I was so excited to see SC4 play on that thing... only to realize there was something wrong...
It isn't major like online lag but there is a fraction of a second input lag which somehow, is so disrupting to me :/
So I was wondering if there is something I can do to fix that (set it to game mode already) and if anyone else is having this problem as well.

Thank you!

I would recommend never playing precise input games, especially competitive games like fighting games, on an HDTV. At worst use a monitor.

The only way of ensuring instant response lag-free gameplay is to use a CRT. I know it doesn't look as good, but once you get used to the speed at which you can respond and time your attacks, going back to HDTV can be an unpleasant and frustrating experience.

also using HDMI cables helps quite a bit. But most TV's are not set up to play precision fighting games like SC. Shooters are a GO tho

HRD

also using HDMI cables helps quite a bit. But most TV's are not set up to play precision fighting games like SC. Shooters are a GO tho

HRD
DO NOT USE HDMI!!!

Most HDTVs apply some for of post processing (some that cannot be turned off) via HDMI. Best to use RGB or component input.

Thank you guys, I will try my best (the tv's only 3 days old, I can't buy a new one ^^;) and if all else fails, my old tv's still chilling downstairs anyway...

Personally I would keep my CRT and use it till it dies; by then hopefully there will be enough 0-input lag monitors that are perfect for gaming at a more affordable price.

So far the LCDs I've seen that have 0-input lag are available in Europe. America's best LCD is probably the Asus aka EVO monitor and it's technically 1/2 frame of lag.
Most HDTVs apply some for of post processing (some that cannot be turned off) via HDMI. Best to use RGB or component input.
just to double check on that VGA is also RBG/component?

Back