High, Mid, and Low attacks.

Possession

[08] Mercenary
I'm still sort of new and trying to learn all the mechanics of this game.... I have no idea what is the purpose of MID attacks? And what are Special Lows/Mids/Highs?

High moves are nearly always horizontal, and are usually faster than horizontals. High moves catch people who are standing. By and large, they'll also catch jumpers. Special highs (they exist, but they're rare) catch people who are in certain crouching states.

Mid attacks catch people who either duck or guard low.

Low attacks catch people guarding normally or simply standing up.

Special lows are lows that can by blocked by guarding normally. No, I don't know why they're not just called mid attacks.

I'd recommend looking at the Newbie Silencer in the Tactics forum - which is where I'll probably move this thread into shortly.

To expand...

Highs - standard standing hits, can be ducked and blocked high
Mids - standard standing hits, can NOT be ducked or blocked low
Lows - standard low hits, can be jumped and blocked low

Special Mids - can be blocked high AND low, can NOT be jumped.
Special Lows - can be blocked high AND low, can be jumped.

So why would you ever use Special Mid or Special Low attacks, as they only seem to have disadvantages with respect to "normal" Mid and Low attacks?

Special lows, like most characters' 2A are generally the fastest attack they have, and are useful for interupting, ducking under highs and throws and setting up from crouching or while rising attacks.

purpose of a low attack = to get people to lowguard/jump
purpose of a high attack = to get people to duck, catch people in jump
purpose of a mid attack = catching people to are ducking/lowguarding/jumping

delicious game of rock,paper,scissors

Back