Hilde Combo discussion

Nice post.

I'll say don't underestimate Hilde's short game, i'm having more joy doing damage in close quarters than at range. Agree with not holding A+B too much in close, fast characters like Natsu will ruin you giving you no window to release your charged moves. Her ranged moves only seem to be of any use as a punisher for missed moves, for me at least.

I'm actually more comfortable holding down G then releasing it when required. It makes the stuff after easier to time (for me).

This also works best for me. Hold G until you see Hilde turn then release c3a, be careful to not let them get too close to the ground or else the first hit will connect but the second hit won't. Leaves you completely open.

Good guide!

It might be worth including a section on useful non-charge moves. 22_88B, A+B, 6AK(A/B), 66A, etc.

Basically I just want to see you mention how disgustingly good 22_88B is.

Don't list things that aren't combos as combos. It is very misleading.

also 3[a] c2b only works on certain stages / certain angles, its not just precise timing involved.

Merging this with combo section, this isn't really a complete guide and it has enough misinformation in it that I don't really want this being its own post.

6 a k b is a NCC and im trying to figure out what you get afterwards. Everything i try to combo after it whiffs. Tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, what are people doing after a guard burst?

get it right people, anything! after 6A K B or 3[A] depends on many many factors to connect, so I wouldn't rely on those at all, unless your back is against the wall, in which case rape your enemy XD.

Regarding B+K we need a patch for that, cause after hours in the lab I concluded that is totally random, no timming at all, is more like where are you on the stage. The option to go is definitely C3A.

c2a doesnt connect after only c3a. I can get B+K to hit consistently after ch [A+B] c2b but nothing else. Warui says you can do 22b backdash c2b B+K to make it consistent, i'll have to try it out.

c2a doesnt connect after only c3a. I can get B+K to hit consistently after ch [A+B] c2b but nothing else. Warui says you can do 22b backdash c2b B+K to make it consistent, i'll have to try it out.
I mean C3A, was a typo.

I don't think anything is guaranteed after 6A, K,B except a mixup. I'll usually dash up and then react to what opponent does. If I think opponent won't roll, i'll 66A+B so that they wake up on it. Even if it's blocked, that's a good bit of guard bar.

After CH or fully charged 3A, same deal, except you can tag on a CE. Only the first hit of it, but that's good dmg.

I'm not even using B+K in combos. I spent a few minutes learning it, but too inconsistent for me. I don't know if the timing is simply really strict, or the throw property of the move itself is just random. Whatever.

Anyone know the properties of "clean hit" B+K raw outside of combos? You have to double tap the B+K. I think it's more dmg but not sure about anything else.

After 6A B K or 3[A] I usually go for 2B+K, seems really effective.

If you think they will tech, following up with 6A+B as they land is quite handy.

If you skip the 2B+K and move in closer, holding 3A will catch the unwary on wakeup and gives you c2b as an immediate follow-up if guarded.

Anyone know the properties of "clean hit" B+K raw outside of combos? You have to double tap the B+K. I think it's more dmg but not sure about anything else.

I was under the impression clean hits always did max damage, instead of it varying a bit depending on where you hit them.

If you think they will tech, following up with 6A+B as they land is quite handy.

If you skip the 2B+K and move in closer, holding 3A will catch the unwary on wakeup and gives you c2b as an immediate follow-up if guarded.
That's a good tech trap, I'll try it today and see if it works for me.

Hello just joined the forum to post my combo, I think no one has posted it yet kind of hard to read all of these.

B (charge level 2) , backturn A, 4A, 4A, B+K

Just to be clear backturn A is just mashing A as the opponent is coming down. This is quite useful if you've got your back to the arena because you can get a ring out, also if you do the combo when you're not on the edge the B+K will go in to a throw animation where Hilde impales and slams them down like in the brave edge 3B~A+B+K

The timing on 4A, 4A needs a little precision.

EDIT: btw I've only tested this combo with size 5 (maximum height) Hilde, if you try it with normal Hilde you can only do one 4A, also it seems like its easier to activate the B+K throw animation if you're at size 5.

Hello just joined the forum to post my combo, I think no one has posted it yet kind of hard to read all of these.

B (charge level 2) , backturn A, 4A, 4A, B+K

Just to be clear backturn A is just mashing A as the opponent is coming down. This is quite useful if you've got your back to the arena because you can get a ring out, also if you do the combo when you're not on the edge the B+K will go in to a throw animation where Hilde impales and slams them down like in the brave edge 3B~A+B+K

The timing on 4A, 4A needs a little precision.

I'll try it today, if B+K connects then your combo is not complete, you are leaving behind C2B

Back