Hilde Combo discussion

Isn't the straight up C2B loop far better then the the 3B BE loop, I mean it'll gain you meter instead of losing it, if you are on 2 bars already then sure throw out one 'cause you'll regain it during the loop but just generally speaking.

And Namco would probably take it out because of the sheer amount of people who complain about it. The same people who don't use Hilde and can't understand the sheer difficulty of mastering it and see it as a broken meter gaining, life destroying combo that any Hilde can throw out whenever. *sigh*. Also Namco said it was a glitch and never actually supposed to be in the game, hence the difficulty in pulling it off and many variables.

3B BE loop does more damage if you're not looping to max. If you're looping to max, 3B BE counts towards 1.5 reps depending on starter and other factors, but in general it makes reduces the number of reps you can do.

Well the thing is you got to crawl before you can walk. If you don't understand juggle heights then you will never do c2b loop consistently. The room of error that you have is to high to do c2b loop. You need to start with a combo that has more room for error and work from there. I could tell you exactly how to do c2b loop, but you wouldnt understand cause you don't even know how to juggle yet.

People who complain about c2b loop have no clue what they are talking about. Only a hand full of people can c2b loop with accuracy. People who can do the c2b loop understand it has many rules. Can you link me to where namco said it was a glitch?

Banning and complaining is a sc community tradition i guess. But its not something thats good. Its scrubby and in the end it just hurts the community. When sf4 AE came out everyone knew yun was OP. Yun was the best character in the game hands down. SF community didnt ban yun, they got good vs yun!!! And in the end they forced capcom to make a decent version of sf4 by not banning broken characters.

Now the sc community makes namco's job easy. They can come out with broken garbage and the community just bans who ever. Its a slippery slope, and now at this point every sc game the best characters are always about to be banned. It really is just scrubby and stupid. Poeple who are gona play SC are gona play sc. All the people that quit cause one thing or another where gona quit anyways. You gota make better games to make more people keep
playing it.

I swear, if you wrote every rule for C2B loops, lawyers would come and congratulate you for inventing a lexicon longer than theirs.
There are so many silly if...else if...otherwise if...or if...although if...but if...else statements that you'd go crazy to learn every single one. Most of the pro players just learn a set amount of rules, and then just accept that they don't know enough to loop it in other situations.
The three big rules are, Height matters, Camera Angle Matters, Body Position Matters (Face Up: Feet Towards/Head Towards and Face Down: Feet Towards/Head Towards each have different AERIAL hit boxes.)
The last rule is actually very important, but most people ignore it because they don't notice it.

Sorry man couldn't link you heard it from a friend but he is very in the know about these kinds of things so i believe him. And yeah i have 3 launchers then a C3A almost 100% down off of [A+B] now, although that said it has to be straight on counter hit with both the A and B hitting to initiate and even then it's a little iffy.

I think people just expect Hilde to be as OP as SC4 and now she isn't they are just looking for excuses. I mean someone can learn DNSB 4 which is tough but no where near the difficulty of the CB2 loop and that can do 100 dmg-ish on clean hit. 3 of them and you're dead, plus DNSB is easy to hit, ducks mids, does knock-back, is I15 and has good range and tracking, yet everyone targets on, omgwtf that guy can loop charges BROKEN.

Not sure if anyone knows this but you can combo: (NON Counter Hit) 6AKB - 3B BE - G - C2B - C3A - 2K = about 110 dmg give or take, think there's some clean hit properties in there as well. It's great becuase it's a sure fire way to make use of the 3B BE, you only need the B in 6AKB to hit to start the combo off and 6AKB non counter is easy enough to hit. Seriously, the amount of people who don't know about the 3 string and jsut let go of G on the last hit is unreal, plus you can just keep throwing out 6AKA till you get the meter up to get them in the habit of ducking the last one then BAM hit them with the combo, they won't know what's up. Just an execution tip, usually when i do the 3B BE - C2B I press the BE input let go of the buttons for half a second then hold them down again to geth charges timed up right but for this combo you need to hold the buttons down to get the charges right, NO RELEASE. Like i said, this may already be common knowledge but there it is if you need it. I for one am going to start working it in to my game.

Okay.jpg . Do you think everything about Hilde has already been discovered? I'd like to think there's stil lsome sweet stuff out there we haven;t stumbled upon yet but honestly i doubt it.

not everything is discovered yet, but not everything discovered is public knowledge either. All the main things with Hilde have been found and reported, now its just minor things and gimmicks that people keep to themselves

after seeing many hilde players go for C3A after C2B and not C2B loops or B+K airgrabs, i feel like i have to ask you. What is your prefered follow-up after C2B(asuming you could C2B loop)?

22B, C2B BT K (C2B x3) C3A.
CH[A+B] C2B BT K (C2B x 2) BT K C2B.
Right Side Angle Male Character (Non Mitsu) CH 22B [IF FIRST REP IS AIRBOURNE FACE UP FEET TOWARDS](BT K C2B)x4 BT K Wake Up C4A.

22B, C2B BT K (C2B x3) C3A.
CH[A+B] C2B BT K (C2B x 2) BT K C2B.
Right Side Angle Male Character (Non Mitsu) CH 22B [IF FIRST REP IS AIRBOURNE FACE UP FEET TOWARDS](BT K C2B)x4 BT K Wake Up C4A.

wow, those combos are really good.

EDIT: just found out that C3B can tech trap after CE on air hit. I dont know in what directions but i think it was to the right and if C3B can tech trap then a properly timed CE may tech trap too.

Hope somebody sees this, and that it hasn't been brought up yet, but....
On hilde's reverse wall combo :A::+::G::BE:!,:(6)::B::BE:!,:(A)::+::(B):, C2A,:A::+::G:(back throw)
Sometimes the throw at the end randomly scales in for 134 damage, and sometimes, on certain characters(Sieg, Nighty, Mitsu) it doesn't for a whopping 167 damage (which is the most I've gotten from a wall combo yet).

It's not a clean hit, and it's not a reset...I have no idea what it is besides interesting. On some characters the throw at the end isn't always a back throw, just odd character dependencies I guess.

Edit: I think getting the BT just depends on you delaying the input a bit on some character...not positive.

The reason I'm looking into wall combos is I'm trying to turn what I thought were weaknesses into strengths. Instead of walls screwing up my combos, I can have them turn to new ones. After that...mix ups.

A few more :A::+::G::BE: wall combos (I use C2A over 6K because it's far more reliable)

:A::+::G::BE:!, C2A!, :(A)::+::(B):, C2B, C3A - 103 DAMAGE - 1/2 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, C2A!, :6::A::K::B:, C3A - 100 DAMAGE - 1/2 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, :6::A::K::B:, C2B, C3A - 104 DAMAGE - 1/2 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, C2A!, :3::B::BE:, C2B, C3A - 104 DAMAGE - 1 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, :(6)::B::BE:!, :(A)::+::(B):, C2B, C3A - 120 DAMAGE - 1 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, :(6)::B::BE:!, :(A)::+::(B):, :3::B::BE:, C2B, C3A -133 DAMAGE - 1 1/2 BAR
:A::+::G::BE:!, :(6)::B::BE:!, :6::A::K::B:, C2B, C3A - 127 DAMAGE - 1 BAR

The back throw damage scaling is a micro reset. If they're on the ball they can duck the last back throw.
Also, C2A doesn't wallsplat, C1A does.

I was messing around with Hilde today in casuals and I did A+G BE → CE and tacked on a 44B for spacing purposes, and to my surprise it comboed. Doesn't work normally but the CE hits them when they're BT from A+G BE, so they crumple in a different way. I didn't test it extensively since I was just messing around with the character but it might be worth looking into for both of you Hilde mains out there.

Back