Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I'm not sure where the right place to post this is because I'm totally new here, so sorry if it's the wrong place or if people ask this question all the time!

I've just recently started playing this game and playing Hilde so I struggle with how to deal with having to charge moves. I get that C3A is a lot worse than C2A because C3A is easily JG'd, but if you hold A past the C2A time, how do you get rid of your charge? Do you just have to block for a second and let go of A?

Similarly, how do you start a charge without whiffing a move? Do you have to just randomly hold G for a second to press A?

What should you do if you manage to get a knockdown? What kind of tech traps does she have?

Thank you!

I'm not sure where the right place to post this is because I'm totally new here, so sorry if it's the wrong place or if people ask this question all the time!

I've just recently started playing this game and playing Hilde so I struggle with how to deal with having to charge moves. I get that C3A is a lot worse than C2A because C3A is easily JG'd, but if you hold A past the C2A time, how do you get rid of your charge? Do you just have to block for a second and let go of A?

Similarly, how do you start a charge without whiffing a move? Do you have to just randomly hold G for a second to press A?

What should you do if you manage to get a knockdown? What kind of tech traps does she have?

Thank you!

no problem and welcome to 8WR. if you end up over-charging then all you can really do is hold G and release A., or C3A of course. usually you start up a charge during recovery frames (when both attacking or getting hit) so that you don't whiff a move during a combo or something. after knockdowns if they don't ukemi then i usually use 1A or 2K which also happens to stop rolling opponents. if they do decide to ukemi then you can set up tons of traps, her CE being great at it but i also hear that 66B BE is pretty decent (then again, i don't tech trap very often).

Do you react to the ukemi or do you have to just throw out 66B over their body or something?

It feels like the buffer window in the game is so large that even if you let go of A during a move, C3A will still come out afterwards... does this apply even if your move is G and not a real move? I really want to break the habit of accidentally using a lot of C3A.

How good is her 2A? (How good is 2A in general for anyone?)

Who ever in charge of hilde frame (wiki)
Her 3BB is -14 on block.. Correct that plz. Thk u.
Also 66K is -12 on block and C2A is +17 on hit. (Throw can combo )

Last edited:
Who ever in charge of hilde frame (wiki)
Her 3BB is -14 on block.. Correct that plz. Thk u.
Also 66K is -12 on block and C2A is +17 on hit. (Throw can combo )

this info upsets me cause i feel like im only person in here who cares about the character. c2a cant be -17 on normal hit. I just tested. Im pretty sure on CH only.
As far as 66k being -12 that just blows my mind.

this info upsets me cause i feel like im only person in here who cares about the character. c2a cant be -17 on normal hit. I just tested. Im pretty sure on CH only.

It isn't +17. Throws just seem to register as combos with +16 stuff. Alpha has the same issue too where 1B:B after a stun is +16 but throws combo. (Maybe the system's way of saying it can't be escaped by ducking?)

C2A is still good on block.. u musta read wrong.
Also, I care about her. (^_^)

C2A is pretty much +17,
Do C2A -> Throw on record and try to duck it.
If Hilde had a i17 move other than throws that didn't combo I'd say throws were an exception.
One of my gimmicks abuses C2A into a backthrow.

i was listening to the loopcast while in training and found some game-breaking tech: when you taunt, you put the face mask on your helmet up/down!

never noticed it before and just thought it was cute lol.

Word of advice, learn how to win with Hilde without using any charge attacks. That way charges don't become a crux and you can then implement them into your gameplay as part of combsos rather than starters/pressure.

I actually decided that would be the best way to learn her exactly haha so been doing so

Also if any Hilde's want to play my PSN is LordXav1er!

where are the tech traps??? I read Hussler said they've been updated but I don't see a single one

So what do you guy's feel are Hilde's most reliable way to deal with sidestepping? Especially against the speedy characters.

Back