Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

C4B is only really useful in a small subset of matchups where you intend to space them and dance at a distance for a while (like vs xiba) where you can do a hard call out on a spaced move, ala Jump a low into C4B.
C4A however actually has far more use due to the fact that if you have been charging for about 5 seconds before landing a 22B, you can often prolong the combo long enough to finish with BT K into wake up C4A. However for this to be effective you'll need to master the timing on the BT K into C2B reset when they intend to stay on the ground (if they are not holding guard, at a certain timing, C2B will reset and relaunch them off the ground.)
C4A is also an amazing ringout tool/wall splat tool.

c4b legit punishes NM ce.

c4a i will use on wall stages. I still think its gimmick risky. It works differently on everyone. Some players jg it on reaction. Some never jg it.

Hey everyone ^__^ been awhile since I posted anything around these forums. Haha hope everyone is still kicking butt with Hilde. Is it me or is Hilde really slippery? I tend to get out of a lot of combos and such with her. Wondering if you guys get it often too.

Hey everyone ^__^ been awhile since I posted anything around these forums. Haha hope everyone is still kicking butt with Hilde. Is it me or is Hilde really slippery? I tend to get out of a lot of combos and such with her. Wondering if you guys get it often too.
i usually have the opposite problem. people keep falling out of my C2B combos lol

been playing Hilde for a couple of weeks and I seem to experience a bit of both...her 22_88B TC and Sidestep's a lot of things but my C2B follow sometimes goes janky and misses...I don't if I'm just mis-timing it something

Play SC4 Hilda for a couple of weeks. Her timing is a little tricky at first, but I promise you'll be a better hide player over all for it sometimes you just gotta return to your roots.

honestly i played sc4 hilda and i had like 100-0 ranked record. When i started playing sc5 i sucked so hard it was not even funny. I was so use to relying on C3b RO. I think this version of her is perfect. Its really how she should have been in sc4. If she didnt have character specific combos and dumb small characters like viola i would be 100% satisfied. But to be honest this is more than enough for me. Pre patch hilde was complete GARBo

How was she prepatch? Had no idea she had issues…
She had way less damage potential(no raw c2b loop). 66b BE was not hit confirmable, so imo it was basicly useless. Wavedash didnt matter cause you could 4g. Same goes for step b-G trick. She was just way more stale and she was way lower in the tiers.

I think Pre Patch Hilde was hella Good and Cheap...
C3B did a little over 25% life
Her combo ender C3A did 50 damage plus has a clean hit.
6A+B was plus 2 on block
66K was only -6 on block
And let's not forget, A SAFE BACKSTEP.

I think Pre Patch Hilde was hella Good and Cheap...
C3B did a little over 25% life
Her combo ender C3A did 50 damage plus has a clean hit.
6A+B was plus 2 on block
66K was only -6 on block
And let's not forget, A SAFE BACKSTEP.
C3B's damage wasn't changed. C2A and 2A+B got damage buffs though, which was really nice.

Loss of safe backdash did hurt her a lot though.

having 66k be -8 on block would be nice, i thought it was -8 post patch for the longest time. Then i started to realize everytime i step after blocked 66k i get rocked :(

c3b should take alot of damage. Its a huge risk. I prefer this version. I just think she is more fun. And pre patch other characters had super OP shit. So in retrospect having what she had then really wasnt that great imo.

Edit- but then again pre patch i was really bad at the game. My bottom line i just feel like she is more fun to use in this version. wavedash and better combo's keep you busy.

not sure anyone's has picked up on this...A+G BE w!, back throw is a legit combo (save for Astaroth, ZWEI and Voldo) however I've recently discovered that A+G BE w!, C2A will combo. doesn't sound like much? C2A perfectly positions your opponent for a back throw, doing notably more dmg than A+G BE w!, Back throw. about 15-20 more

Geez I was about to post about C2A Back throw before I read the rest of your post.
A+G BE W1 C1A W! [A+B] C2B x 2 C2A is the optimal combo though.
You can also do CE instead of C2B (since you've used up your double wall splat already)
If it's a breakable wall instead do A+G BE W! 3BA

Geez I was about to post about C2A Back throw before I read the rest of your post.
A+G BE W1 C1A W! [A+B] C2B x 2 C2A is the optimal combo though.
You can also do CE instead of C2B (since you've used up your double wall splat already)
If it's a breakable wall instead do A+G BE W! 3BA

yh I wasn't sure if I was the only one who found this out.
one of my main problems with Hilde is the C2B loops, I can't even do one loop T_T so instead I substitute with:
A+G BE w! ~ C1A ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~C3A ~ 2K
(alternatively) 6K (A+B)

I almost never use CE in wallcombos because it scales to hell, using up a 1 full bar for dmg that is more meter efficient and can be easily attained through

Back