Hilde: Q&A/General Discussion Thread

I might go to nec. Using hilde online and using hilde offline are like two different fighting games to me. 99% of hildes abuse online lag shi that would get destroyed offline. You gotta consciously not do things that you know work online. The first thing i do when i fight someone new is give them the c3a test. If they cant jg c3a they not ready.

2014 hilde update- c3a sucks,c3b sucks, ab hold sucks,c2b sucks, 3b is the shi#.

yh I wasn't sure if I was the only one who found this out.
one of my main problems with Hilde is the C2B loops, I can't even do one loop T_T so instead I substitute with:
A+G BE w! ~ C1A ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~C3A ~ 2K
(alternatively) 6K (A+B)

I almost never use CE in wallcombos because it scales to hell, using up a 1 full bar for dmg that is more meter efficient and can be easily attained through

Depending on how you do the c2b loop it has different difficulty. AB HOLD(CH) c2b-g-c2b is the easiest next to 4kk-c2b-g-c2b-g.

Trust me i know you can do it, hit meaty with the 2nd c2b. Any time you hit with CH ab hold you should always go for 2 reps of c2b except if your by a wall. If you go for over 2 reps of c2b the loop is unstable. There are a few exceptions like NM or asty or aeon ect ect, Vs these big characters go for full loop, 5 reps of c2b.

ill make a of vid of it for you when i get time, i need an excuse to use my recorder :) lol

Depending on how you do the c2b loop it has different difficulty. AB HOLD(CH) c2b-g-c2b is the easiest next to 4kk-c2b-g-c2b-g.

Trust me i know you can do it, hit meaty with the 2nd c2b. Any time you hit with CH ab hold you should always go for 2 reps of c2b except if your by a wall. If you go for over 2 reps of c2b the loop is unstable. There are a few exceptions like NM or asty or aeon ect ect, Vs these big characters go for full loop, 5 reps of c2b.

ill make a of vid of it for you when i get time, i need an excuse to use my recorder :) lol
I'll give it a go...thanks

ok so for people interested you can see two different c2b patterns. But in both situations im starting loop with AB hold. When looping big characters you can adjust your loop height med combo. With nm i adjusted my height to as fast as possible and then just did normal loop.

***DISCLAIMER***
media have been removed due to faulty links will post back up as soon I can find a working link

pretty much the wallcombo's I've been using when playing Hilde.

I lead a lot of my w!'s with C1A as opposed to A+G BE seeing as I don't land it that often, when I do land it though I use a different route which I talk about in a sec.
In the following video, depending which angle I'm facing I tend to factor in 22B...if I'm not at the correct angle I'll simply resort to C1A w! ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A or C1A w! ~ 3B BE ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A...don't really know what else will give me the wallsplat I need to continue the combo.

Now when I do actually land an A+G BE the following is what I use to continue the combo...minus the B+K AT of course...so it'd essentially be A+G BE w! ~ 6K w! ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A

Last edited:
For some reason after BE throw you cant do c1a-22b, idk why. It makes no sense, but it just wont work. Usually i go for 22b follow up but im finding its kinda not practical. Im thinking that c1a-c2b- is always the way to go. Its a way harder way to start the wall combo but towards the end of the combo is way easier.

When i do c1a-w-22b-c2b- repeat, i find it hard to land the loop due to the wall. But if i do c1a-w-c2b-g-c2b-repeat, i find that looping is easier. Plus her c2b hits more consistent than 22b. And to be fair i used to be huge advocate of c1a-w-22b. But it lacks consistency.

pretty much the wallcombo's I've been using when playing Hilde.

I lead a lot of my w!'s with C1A as opposed to A+G BE seeing as I don't land it that often, when I do land it though I use a different route which I talk about in a sec.
In the following video, depending which angle I'm facing I tend to factor in 22B...if I'm not at the correct angle I'll simply resort to C1A w! ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A or C1A w! ~ 3B BE ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A...don't really know what else will give me the wallsplat I need to continue the combo.

Now when I do actually land an A+G BE the following is what I use to continue the combo...minus the B+K AT of course...so it'd essentially be A+G BE w! ~ 6K w! ~ 6AKB ~ C2B ~ G ~ C3A

um something is wrong with video format, but yeah those combos are sweet lol. But my prob is im looking for consistency. Those combos work if you can read the angle, which i think is totally possible. This brings me back to the fact that she is a smash bros character.

After c1a you are hitting 22b at a side angle, but it doesnt always work out like that. But if you can read that early on these combos are super swag. Ill try them out in some real matches 100%.

um something is wrong with video format, but yeah those combos are sweet lol. But my prob is im looking for consistency. Those combos work if you can read the angle, which i think is totally possible. This brings me back to the fact that she is a smash bros character.

After c1a you are hitting 22b at a side angle, but it doesnt always work out like that. But if you can read that early on these combos are super swag. Ill try them out in some real matches 100%.

ffs embedding from FB used to be simple stuff

C1A W! 6AKB C2B g C2A W! [A+B] C2B g C2B C3A
I think you only get two reps of C2B after the second splat due to relaunch restrictions.
If you are a dick and think your opponent isn't holding G, you can do BT K delayed C2B as a C2B reset (they bounce off the ground) and get 5 reps from that reset though

1st
2014 hilde update- c3a sucks,c3b sucks, ab hold sucks,c2b sucks, 3b is the shi#.
C3A - Decent punish and combo ender
C3B - Possibly the best meterless whiff punish in the game
[A+B] - Great step catcher, even at the higher level
C2B - Don't use this raw unless you're going for a whiff punish and your C3B just isn't ready yet
3B - Ok RO mixup

2nd
Where is everyone? I only ever see Xavier and I at tourneys.

1st

C3A - Decent punish and combo ender
C3B - Possibly the best meterless whiff punish in the game
[A+B] - Great step catcher, even at the higher level
C2B - Don't use this raw unless you're going for a whiff punish and your C3B just isn't ready yet
3B - Ok RO mixup

2nd
Where is everyone? I only ever see Xavier and I at tourneys.

using c3a as a poke makes me laugh, risk vs reward you gona get pwned.

when i was playign people werent jging c3b everytime, but by now im sure they are . Offline they would almost everytime. Shout outs to jan and grandmas got game.

AB hold is garbage lol

I dont go to tourneys cause i dont like a good amount of the community. People get egos over a game no one plays wears down on me.

3b is gdlike, way more range then it looks, it ro's,wall splats, I like to step back and 3b instead of step back c3b cause its safer. Alot less range obviously. as a punisher it leads to crazy damage if you BE it. I think its one of her best not used enough moves. Its has a learning curve on it. PLus it has TC frames that arent mentioned in wiki. if your really slick you can 3b grab attempts(timming is hard)

Last edited:
using c3a as a poke makes me laugh, risk vs reward you gona get pwned.

when i was playign people werent jging c3b everytime, but by now im sure they are . Offline they would almost everytime. Shout outs to jan and grandmas got game.

AB hold is garbage lol

I dont go to tourneys cause i dont like a good amount of the community. People get egos over a game no one plays wears down on me.

3b is gdlike, way more range then it looks, it ro's,wall splats, I like to step back and 3b instead of step back c3b cause its safer. Alot less range obviously. as a punisher it leads to crazy damage if you BE it. I think its one of her best not used enough moves. Its has a learning curve on it. PLus it has TC frames that arent mentioned in wiki. if your really slick you can 3b grab attempts(timming is hard)

I don't play Hilde very well, but I assume (A+B) would work during hard-read situations, I know Xav caught me with it while stepping, several times

if you don't like a good part of the community then could you not visit tourneys where those kinds of people aren't there, I know WB had some good people their, or Xavs scene with Sandman and Hack, Havenshine Gaming was it?

Back