Hilde: Video / Feedback Thread

2A+B combos into 2K/2B
C3A in corner combos into 2K/2B
Ezio should not be using crossbow against Hilde, since on block it is -30 and her 22B is i30, not to mention he is whiffing.
That ezio low kick where he steps forward and boots your shin is mondo unsafe on hit.
NH 6(AK)B LEADS INTO SO MUCH DAMAGE BUT YOU GO FOR PRESSURE!?!?! ;;;____;;;
(Watch more later)

I don't know any combos after 6(AK)B. I've been focusing more on whiff punishing and footsies. I want to see other Hilde's play so I can understand when and where I can use what combo or any attack. Plus my reactions are ass.

I don't know any combos after 6(AK)B. I've been focusing more on whiff punishing and footsies. I want to see other Hilde's play so I can understand when and where I can use what combo or any attack. Plus my reactions are ass.

I made this videos I hope they serve you: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-v-remembrances-of-wolfkrone.12831/

Edit:

New chapter from my project:

Soul Calibur V - Remembrances of Wolfkrone - Volume 4 - Frame Traps:

Frame traps videos are kind of boring but necessary.

Are the frame traps character and reaction specific or do they always work, regardless of ukemi and stuff... Or maybe I don't understand them then :P

Are the frame traps character and reaction specific or do they always work, regardless of ukemi and stuff... Or maybe I don't understand them then :P

Frame traps are mind games so there are always counter measures. The reason my boy Seyfer used Alpha is because he has the fastest and most damaging punisher in the game the JF Twister ( Tech crouching under ALL highs , +55 on clean hit, i12 ). Most people avoid frame traps with AA ( usually i12) but Alpha's punisher is used to show that its still vulnerable if the right move is chosen.

Frame traps are based on the knowledge of your opponent's move set. Its MUCH harder to trap Alpha than it is to trap Astaroth. Alpha has 6 punishers i17 and under hence he has many choices to respond to shenanigans. Astaroth has no true punisher under i17 besides throws really. However these frame traps shown in the video can still be applied liberally once you understand the principle.

Example:

Hilde uses Move A that hits leaving her at +6 advantage.

Her next move she uses is 1KK(i16) . This move then comes out at 10 frames (i16 -6 = 10 frames )compared to anything your opponent can do.

Results:
Scenario 1)
Alpha immediately responses to 1KK with mid JF Twister (i12 ): Hilde's attack arrives 2 frames before Alpha's. Counter hit for Hilde.

Scenario 2)
Alpha immediately responses to 1KK with 8A+B A (i20, tech jump thats high): Hilde's attack reaches low first but Alpha's move jumps over the low and before the mid reaches. Counter hit Alpha.

Scenario 3)
Astaroth immediately responses to 1KK with his fastest move K (i13 ): Hilde's attack arrives 3 frames before his. Counter hit for Hilde.

Scenario 4)
Astaroth immediately responses to 1KK with 9A (i27, tech jump that's mid ): Hilde's attack reaches low first but Asty's move jumps over the low but the mids hit each other ( depending on distance) . Counter hit and damage trade. Winner is random based on damage.

To summarize:

The move Hilde chooses after a frame advantage is just as important as the responses available to the opponent.

Conclusion:

Use your frame advantage wisely . Nothing is guaranteed but its an opportunity to advance your game plan with LESS RESISTANCE.

You guys are very fortunate to have Seyfer over here. His videos are very informative.

Frame traps are mind games so there are always counter measures. The reason my boy Seyfer used Alpha is because he has the fastest and most damaging punisher in the game the JF Twister ( Tech crouching under ALL highs , +55 on clean hit, i12 ). Most people avoid frame traps with AA ( usually i12) but Alpha's punisher is used to show that its still vulnerable if the right move is chosen.

Frame traps are based on the knowledge of your opponent's move set. Its MUCH harder to trap Alpha than it is to trap Astaroth. Alpha has 6 punishers i17 and under hence he has many choices to respond to shenanigans. Astaroth has no true punisher under i17 besides throws really. However these frame traps shown in the video can still be applied liberally once you understand the principle.

Example:

Hilde uses Move A that hits leaving her at +6 advantage.

Her next move she uses is 1KK(i16) . This move then comes out at 10 frames (i16 -6 = 10 frames )compared to anything your opponent can do.

Results:
Scenario 1)
Alpha immediately responses to 1KK with mid JF Twister (i12 ): Hilde's attack arrives 2 frames before Alpha's. Counter hit for Hilde.

Scenario 2)
Alpha immediately responses to 1KK with 8A+B A (i20, tech jump thats high): Hilde's attack reaches low first but Alpha's move jumps over the low and before the mid reaches. Counter hit Alpha.

Scenario 3)
Astaroth immediately responses to 1KK with his fastest move K (i13 ): Hilde's attack arrives 3 frames before his. Counter hit for Hilde.

Scenario 4)
Astaroth immediately responses to 1KK with 9A (i27, tech jump that's mid ): Hilde's attack reaches low first but Asty's move jumps over the low but the mids hit each other ( depending on distance) . Counter hit and damage trade. Winner is random based on damage.

To summarize:

The move Hilde chooses after a frame advantage is just as important as the responses available to the opponent.

Conclusion:

Use your frame advantage wisely . Nothing is guaranteed but its an opportunity to advance your game plan with LESS RESISTANCE.

Nothing more to say, excelent work dom.

I need some opinions on this. I feel like I'm playing Hilde all wrong. All thoughts and criticism are welcomed.

ok well you do alot of things that are unsafe against high level player.

C3A- never use it, never charge to it either. You can end your combo's with c1b and still take decent damage. Holding A leaves you open to be ran all over. If they come in close while your holding a C3A its too slow to fend them off. Then your stuck blocking holding A and wanting to let go. C3A done randomly vs good players will get JG or auto gi'ed everytime. Hilde can 3A the 2nd hit of c3a and c3b.

C3B- You use it decently, but you do it randomly sometimes and thats not good . Try to only use it as whiff punisher. When you fought ezio you kept trying to get in his face and thats why you lost. you needed to let ezio whiff and then punish him. Ezio doesnt have enough range to fight hilde when she is at c3b length.

B+K use it, its a safer slower 2ab. 2ab is not safe at all on block, Use it with caution. If you want to throw a TC move out randomly use B+K.

A+B hold at this point and time it is almost useless. high level players never fall for it ever. between JG,GI,auto GI moves and being able to step the 2nd hit it never works anymore unless used at the end of a frame trap trying to catch someones run. If you do hit with A+B hold always do 2 c2b back to back. Its easy after A+B hold for some reason

A+B hold counter hit combo bnb

A+B hold-c2b-g-c2b-g-c3a or c1b The 2nd c2b is easy to hit, make sure you hit med or high with your spear so it relaunches

6akb combo follow up is simple, hold 3b. when you see the 3b come out hit abk. So basicly when you hold 3b it buffers for forever. No timing required. after you hit with 3b+abk do-g-c2b-g-c3a or c1b. If you hit with counter hit 6akb you cannot hit with the 3b+abk follow up anymore. Instead just do 6akb(counter hit only)-2ab

Any move that has lightning can be auto Gi'ed by hildes 3a hold. One of those matches you stood there at and just blocked pyrra's lightning move.

As far as charging moves, my advice is only charge when you are doing combo's or you are at max range of that charge move. Charging when your opponent is close leaves you open to be grab'ed. Plus at short range all hildes charge moves dont come out fast enough to help you.

6 A+B use it on get up as a frame trap. you gota make a good read and do it right when you think they will stand up.

2B+K Only use as OKI. Its to slow and punishable for anything else. After you hit with a C3A if they dont ukemi you get a free 2B+K. So it really only works good when people dont ukemi or they roll backwords. Also of course as oki if you read when they get up .

3b+abk in combo is amazing. People who say its not worth the bar are wrong. They just cant combo with it well. If your going to play a competent hilde you have to take max damage and gain max bar on all hits. Saving bar to do hildes super is not a smart strat. Hildes super on block is like -20, horrible. Good player will know you want to counter them with it,and turtle up.

22b-qcf abk x2 110 damage, no bar gain

22b-c2b-g-3b+abk-g-c2b-g-c3a 108 damage, 4th a bar gained........

so you need to start getting good at juggling with 3b+abk. Plus C2b loop is easier to land after a 3b+abk(In juggle state) . The best option is to always just start the c2b loop once you start to juggle them. But for some reason it wont always hit even if your timing is right. Using 3b+abk in your juggles will make the timing to do the c2b loop always possible.

Combo'ing c2b after 3b+abk in juggles. You have to make sure the c2b hits at the lowest possible height and you will get relaunch everytime. With practice its not that hard. once you can time your 3b+abk-g-c2b loop you will start to understand the juggle times better.

You are having trouble with your G-c2b timing online which is natural so i will teach you a trick, maybe you use it already, maybe you dont. Anytime you hit with any move that launches your opponent behind you you can hold G and hilde will turn around at the fastest possible time. So what i do when i need to turn around and do c2b at the fastest possible time is hold both G and B. Then i let go of both of them at the same time. You can buffer both B and G. So if you time it right hilde will turn around at the fastest possible time and do c2b all in one motion. If you dont want to buffer G-c2b you can wait for hilde to start her turn around animation then let go of B+G and she will still do it at the fastest possible time. But online not buffering the B+G wont work well.

all this info is basic advance strat, there are levels much higher than this. But after watching your vid these are the things you should focus on for now. Using hilde online is just annoying, get your combo's good offline

What a breakdown? This guy m216xlegendx me sound like a super scrub and I like it. Now I have a better understanding of what not to do in certain situations. Also, Seyfer's videos are helping alot too. Thanks homies.

Well i dont go to tournament's and i would love to see someone represent hilde well. Please post more vids i would like to see your progression. Been trying to get vids of myself up. I asked playerlos to post one of my matches on youtube and he hasnt done it yet. I put a match between me and bib on my xbl replays thats pretty good if you want to check that out. Its from about amonth ago though. I will start playing online again and get some newer replays on there. my xbl gt is m216samshoking

Your not a scrub in any way, its just i play this game too much:) knowledge is power

Well i dont go to tournament's and i would love to see someone represent hilde well. Please post more vids i would like to see your progression. Been trying to get vids of myself up. I asked playerlos to post one of my matches on youtube and he hasnt done it yet. I put a match between me and bib on my xbl replays thats pretty good if you want to check that out. Its from about amonth ago though. I will start playing online again and get some newer replays on there. my xbl gt is m216samshoking

Your not a scrub in any way, its just i play this game too much:) knowledge is power
I definitely want to see some of you're matches. I still feel like I'm playing wrong. I tried to send you a friend request but it said it doesn't exist.

Well its interesting cause i hate this match up. And also reptile is a really really strong player. I feel like you lost cause character knowledge though.

Raph has two lows that he will use. You need to be aware of both.

1. kick @ 1:54 it is very hard to react to. Pretty safe, 4a while crouching will punish it.

2.Is a poke he does it @ 1:19. It is totally blockable on reaction. But it also only punishable by 2a which you tried and whiffed. So vs hilde its very good.

The thing you need to know about these lows are they are both done during 8wayrun. If he is moving sideways be aware of all his options.

Another thing is look at reptiles movement. He is moving all over the place. Fighting for spacing and your just giving it to him. Its like in sf4 when a person doesnt use footsy. You can just space safe attacks and own your opponent. Dont let him space out those safe attacks. Make it so either they are punishable or you are out of thier range.

Vs raph my strat is get the lead and then keep a c3b charge all the time, but dont make it to obvious. C3b is amazing vs raph. You can punish almost everything raph does with c3b cause it tech crouches and it has more range than most of raphs fast attacks. raph has amazing verticals, But cause they have so much range if they whiff he is totally open. Use your range adavantage as much as possible. Also since B+K also tech crouch's and goes forward alot you could use that when he is pressuring you alot with tech crouch'able attacks. Which i have to say alot of raphs moves are tech crouch'able. Raph has that limbo stance where he leans back. He has 3 options after that, 1.a horizontal attack that takes little damage. 2. a low kick that takes little damage. 3. a vertical stab that you can tech crouch with 2a+B. Most the time raph players will use the stab. If you see the stance fast enough you can just backstep and if he does anything release the c3b during your backstep.

At distance i can tell you want to always punish with 22_88 b, and i think thats a bad habit cause 22_88 b is so slow. Instead you need to use more c3b, c2b or random super at distance. Also 66b is good to just apply some safe pressure and keep good spacing. when hilde has a super and your fighting raph get far away from him if you have the lead. Make him come in. If he tries to poke at you he eats a random super. Dont use 4b vs raph ever, he has verticals that lunge forward like the whole screen.

Raph sucks at punishing step, you really need to read his verticals and punish. Dont be afraid to be hit while steping, especially if your spacing him well there is nothing he can do about step. This match is essentially all about footsy. At max range you have huge advantage . You just step or duck his attack and counter with c3b. the move he does @ 00:38 is prob his best long range step killing tool. And if you see it all you gota do is duck and let go of c3b.

This is a matchup i have trouble with. Ive added like 5 raph players to my list just for it. Really strong raph player from ny named younfox. He on your freinds list :)

EDIT: after b+g throw i like to do 2bk sometimes if they dont ukemi. If they block it most characters dont have a crouching attack with enough range to punish you.

You keep trying to walk backwords. That isnt good, use more step back. get used to its distance and when you can use it safely. If you keep just walking back you will never move fast enough to out space anyone. Using step makes your movement the fastest. Use step forward and step back as footsy's.

22_88 aa will always get ducked by good people on 2nd hit if first hit doesnt connect. Sometimes i will do 22_88a-2ab to catch thier crouch. When they read that you can do 22_88a-grab. Most the time i just use 22_88a and block cause they at advantage. If they always just do a low attack after 22_88 a you are always at disadvantage.

What are my options in this match up? I tried to apply what they were saying in the match up thread but it didn"t help.
Against Raph's preparation you can use: B+K, 2B+K, 2A+B (this moves are tech crouch) but but are dependent on the circumstances (u must read your enemy moves). 66A+B jump every preparation mix outs.

Me and Younfox play offline alot and I still can't beat that fool. As for the prep into SE, I've tried every move I can think of and they don't work for me. I'll be in the lab practicing how to stop it.

yeah its a spacing heavy match up cause alot of raph's punishable moves become safe with good spacing. You either want to be out of the range of his attacks or in so close that anything he does you can punish.

I'm new on Hilde's SA. I'm just starting to learn her. Before her I learned ZWEI, and before him, Raphael.

The thing about Raph's SE is not much about how to deal with it. It's about preventing him from entering SE. It's about being as aggressive as possible against Prep.

If he enters Prep on Block (except for his 66{B}, the BA), he is in trouble. Use a TC, or duck and attack. It's better if the attack is not high, has a good range and is not a B. Some characters have perfect attacks for these circumstances, that give a bad Prep entry no chance at all. Natsu's 66K and Asta's Bull Rush are examples.

A quick step to his right is also quite effective, if he enters Prep on Block.

If he enters Prep on Hit, try to duck and attack or use a TC that ducks in the first frame (if there is such a thing). He can get you with Prep K, but many players neglect this move. If the player uses Prep K well, you gotta defend when he enters Prep on Hit. Then you become vulnerable to SE. Hope you can react to SE quickly enough to intercept it, or that you can guess the mix up that follows. Or use a GI.

So, bottom line, use tons of TCs, as the very knowledgeable guy said. If you get caught by Prep K, then try to defend.

Hope this may help.

And here are a couple of fights I've had with Hilde. I'm still in the first week as her. I already know of some stuff I must improve. I've learned some other stuff while reading the stuff in this thread. And I'd very much appreciate suggestions, as there might be stuff I haven't noticed by myself or by reading the SA.

These are matches extracted from tight balanced sessions. I don't think any of the guys were very familiar with Hilde. One of the fun parts in playingas rejected characters.

Thanks.

Back