Hilde Videos - 80 Visual lessons in Doom.

Double post ftw:

First off I'd like to say these were very entertaining matches. Props on the instant WS A+B you used in the last round of that last match. You utilize Hilde's step game well and you're patient. You also seem to have a pretty solid defense and I never saw you get caught up trying to hold charges at close range. In fact, if I had to criticize anything I'd say you weren't using enough charges, but I think that could just be personal preference. I think that A+B is too linear a move to be used at mid or long range. Yes it gives frame advantage, but most of the time BB is a better option just because it's safer and the second hit tracks. Aside from 33K I didn't see you use a lot of 8WR moves. Her 22_88K, A has good range and a lot of people don't expect the second hit. 33B is also a pretty useful low poke at range. I really like the way you followed her 46B+G throw with C2B. I think following this up with 33B on occasion might give a viable mixup. (but don't quote me on that; I haven't tested it) Lastly, 6B+K and 1B are both really useful spacing tools. I think that implementing more of these would have done a lot to change the outcome of that last match. Still, you have a really solid Hilde that I could probably learn a lot from.

lol im flattered, thanks for that. but i think i learned alot more from both your videos and this post you made. + most people i fight onlinem even the good ones often dont know how to fight against hilde, so i have alot workin for me.

As for me, theres not alot of pointers i could give you since im still rather new to hilde, and since it already looks like you're doing well with her but here it goes.

i didnt see alot of it, but if u throw out a little more FC C2B its a good safe way to apply some SG pressure, helps to space your opponent and it tracks to her left. bonus is it hits grounded and u can backstep G attacks from most characters and punish with 3BA, BB, or even an A charge if you have one ready at hand. of course mind u characters like hilde could probably catch your backstep with C2BB, but if contronted in situations like that, i believe alot of her long range stuff is fairly linear so you could still potentially step G afterwards. as for on wakeup i saw it a few times, but im suprised you both didnt 11K alot more since it catches rolling and since it TC's well ur safe from eating 6A+K on grd. also for C2B, its + on grd so if you go from charge to charge and find yourself geting interrupted often u can beat your opponent by 2Aing afterwards. as for 22_88AA_B i would be cautious about using it unless you can hit confirm the 1st hit as the 2nd hit can be step 2G'd from each finish and regardless of the mixup you'll be eating WR punish. (hilde might even throw in a C2B into DC, or u might just eat C3BBA for the 54 damage) if you have trouble getting offensive motion going against ur opponent, just throwing in C2B after her command grab can help you regain pressure to your side. if you wanna fish for some free damage try using 3A on disadvantage or slight advantage to fish for CH. it tracks right and it TC's well so it can really come in handy at times. u can also use it just for a quick TC as an alternative to 3BA. after C1A, or a FC C1/2/3A u can trap with 2A/2B since they're all -2 or better in frames on grd. i was also suprised not to see alot of FC C3A fishing. while the string is somewhat linear and easy to GI, C3AKB is safe, and on CH its an NCC that can combo with B+K 4A+B for 78dmg or set up a doom combo set up. it also RO's to the back if u land FC C3AKB delayed 3BA.

u guys really use 22_88B well. and 22_88KA well. infact you stepped well period. and you GI well. it was an impressive flare to watch. and i liked the 44K grd stuff from ur friend there, since hilde is only at -2, i suppose it can be used to force aggro or spacing.

the 3rd hit of 6BBB is high. duck and land a charge or WR A+B. =P i saw that silly mistake by the 2nd hilde in the 3rd video.

you and your friend are very good hildes. i would probably get destroyed with my hilde, but im hear to learn lol. you're both very fun to watch, and i like the agressive style you both got going for u(as opposed to my conservative spacing oriented style...to help me learn i kind of based my knowledge from my Siegfried and Nightmare training...>_>) but either way good work to both of you. i hope some day they'll unban her, because she's great if u know how to fight her. people just need to see shes more than just doom spam.

Here are a few offline Hilde mirrors with a friend of mine. My Hilde was about a week old during the first set. The next two were maybe two weeks after that. Please watch and critique. Both me and my friend !!A1DZ!! probably have alot to learn.

Well From what I can see, you guys are using a lot of her non charge moves. Hilde in SC4 doesn't actually 'need' quite a large portion of her move list, but every thing there has a purpose, learn what each thing does in what situations.
For example, 3A is rather slow and only combos if you get a CH, but it can duck highs, so when your friend is spamming 6A+K against you in the mirror match - you can throw out a 3A to try duck it - also if you get a CH use 6A+K. its the only thing that combos and you may as well just take the damage + frame advantage.

A+B isn't that good, but at neutral it helps advance, is a mid and gives +2 on block.

her 3BA and 3BB are both REALLLLLLLLLY bad. A good player can on reaction, duck the A and the B is so slow that it can be poked out of, or if you're Hilde, stepped and punished with doom.

Her 1K and 1KK are both really good. Try not to do 1KK all the time, since its unsafe. 1K is more unsafe, but since 1KK can be delayed quite a lot, it quite often gets left unpunished, and especially since the second kick on CH gives crumple stun - if you land a CH WR C2A, you can 1KK crumple stun them and then get very nasty tech traps.

In general get used to stepping a lot, if you step around an attack (And Hilde's step is the BEST in the game) quite often you can land a C3B to punish their whiff. A well timed step will put you 180 degrees behind them. Against characters like Asta - its useful.

Never use 44K out of combo. its high, its slow.

If you get a CH C1B C2AA will normally combo. It doesn't slide though since they aren't airborne, but it can RO.

If you ever get an 8K, C3B will tech trap in all directions bar one, and you can 33K to catch that single direction.

6B+K tech jumps and combo's into 4A+B. It also has the highest soul damage of all her attacks shared with 66A+B

66A+B can be ghetto if you train your opponents not to step. If you land a C3A, usually you can train your opponent that you A.) have frame advantage, B.) stepping is bad.
If you train them not to step, you can 66A+B after C3A for gratuitous amounts of soul damage, Hilde isn't the best for soul damage, but her frame advantages and nasty combos mean people will want to block a lot. Abuse their blocking.

Back