Hong Kong SC4 Highlight of the month Feb

KnightSpirit

[09] Warrior
Hong Kong SC4 Highlight of the month Feb

This month video will focus less on combos and more on TC, Tjump, Tech Traps, anti-anti-tech trap (when they stay OTG) etc etc. So you will probably get more enjoyment out of this one if you try to read the mind games within instead of just “watching” it.

Anyway, here’s a list of who-play-who. And hope you guys enjoy the video.

Asty – Alex (The last one with air grab was CF)
Rock – Lau
SC2 NM – Lau
1P NM – Sing
2P NM – CF
Yoshi – CF
Cass – CF
Mitsu – Simon (Me)
Raph – CF
Yun - CF

wow that Raph was good at dodging everything without stepping at all. also i like the One Piece OP at the beginning, but that last song was that from Macross?

<3 when Rock wins. Always a bullshit salad.

Simon still has my favourite mitsu. Keep the dream alive!

Runis:

yes that's Davo.....

BlackMambaMoan:
you probaby don't watch our weekly video often... but none of those stuff are setup they are real gameplay.... you can find the full matches of the following videos at

http://www.youtube.com/user/lks9413

we record weekly videos... (play pretty much every saturday and sunday) ... not all matches recorded are on youtube... we filter some of them (usually matches that one player is totally dominating another + there's NOTHING special worth showing)

this monthly video.. is just a few example from a collection of over hundred of matches (recorded) each month.

-LAU

Shrug, it's tourney related.
And besides, he's not here to defend himself. I'll take a cheap shot anywhere I can.

Is it just me, or did a lot of that stuff in that video seem kinda... setup?

The full matches are post up on CF's channels. If you tell me which particular part that feels like a set-up. I can find the exact matches for you to watch. You will probably have a different opinion after watching them.

Also if they were set up... we can probably do something a lot flashier... trust me. But our motto is "if it something that doesn't work in a real fight, is not worth showing." This is why we only should real footage when making these vids.

The full matches are post up on CF's channels. If you tell me which particular part that feels like a set-up. I can find the exact matches for you to watch. You will probably have a different opinion after watching them.

Also if they were set up... we can probably do something a lot flashier... trust me. But our motto is "if it something that doesn't work in a real fight, is not worth showing." This is why we only should real footage when making these vids.

I can respect that motto. I do tend to watch some of you guys match vids. There were just parts in this video that had me questioning:

First off, the parts with Astaroth and all those low attack throw setups, who really gets hit by that low? Even people online can block that. The only time that was understandable was when the Mitsu player got hit with it when he tried to attack. Idk if yall were just practicing your setups on nubs, but that was pretty bad on the victims part. But hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

There was also the part with Mitsu vs Nightmare on the wall level. Mitsu kept doing that unblockable from Relic Stance and Nightmare was just standing there... Don't know what that was about....

There were a few other minor quirks, but those two above are my main issues. If you say they're not setup, then who am I to argue, I was just wondering about those.

LAU told me of a good Asta player from HK making extremely good use of 2A's in his game. Do you have any video of this guy ?

There was also the part with Mitsu vs Nightmare on the wall level. Mitsu kept doing that unblockable from Relic Stance and Nightmare was just standing there... Don't know what that was about....

When Mitsu is in RLC, and you're a NM with your back to the wall. It's in a intimidating thing. You can't do any mids cuz KS uses RLC GI like a jedi. RLC B sidesteps the heavens, RLC A is like i11 and will outspeed everything NM would do anyway (it's in range now at the wall). And finally, the GB and UB mix.
It's a bit troublesome gamble, cuz you either
1) attack and risk being CH, and then wallsplat. NM is alreayd slow, his only reliable high is to gamble aGA since it can probalby stop RLC B, or he can try 1K which RLC B might evade, or RLC A will interrupt.

2) defend. NM chose to defend....much to his demise.

I can respect that motto. I do tend to watch some of you guys match vids. There were just parts in this video that had me questioning:

First off, the parts with Astaroth and all those low attack throw setups, who really gets hit by that low? Even people online can block that. The only time that was understandable was when the Mitsu player got hit with it when he tried to attack. Idk if yall were just practicing your setups on nubs, but that was pretty bad on the victims part. But hey, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

There were a few other minor quirks, but those two above are my main issues. If you say they're not setup, then who am I to argue, I was just wondering about those.

So first of all let me explain that Mitsu vs NM part since I'm the Mitsu player and I can explain exacting what happen in the "Mind Game" element.

To understand what is going on, you must understand the threat of relic.

If you watch this video, you will get why the NM player is scare and hesitate to attack when I pressure him with relic.

1) He is scare to do Mid because of relic GI
2) He can't do strong vertical because most of those are Mid and relic B will evade all vertical
3) If you pay attention to the distance I keep, it is at sword tip range, which means his aga will not be able to hit me (relic can evade most high at sword tip range)
4) Any slow attack can be interupt by relic A or relic B
5) Under the above situation, when I'm in relic and I got him scare, he will try to defend and block one of my attacks such as relick K, A, B etc. After blocking an attack from relic, he will be able to punish safely. (This is what he is waiting for, but instead of doing those, I start charging UB... First time I catch him by surpise, second time he try to interupt but got hit by my quick release lvl 1 charge, then the third one was already half charge while he is otg, so if he get up, he will get hit... then the last one he try to go all out and end up getting interupt by relic A.

As for asty slow low attack, he hit my mitsu because I whiff my attack due to his back step. As for other instant, well, all I can say is people do get hit by it once in a while... maybe the Zas simply got scare from the previous match (For example, he keep getting catch by asty low throw and got scare of ducking from the previous round... it does happen somethings)

Astaroth's 4B+K is good for the backstep to make the opponent whiff while you punish for big damage. I think it TCs too so it can be used in a number of cases. Although, in the case of the Zasalamel match, it looked like he didn't know the attack was low so that was lack of anti-Astaroth knowledge.

he lied....

we never discussed about this before.. and I have NEVER heard of this motto.... lol

however.. I should say this... CF/Simon play for flashiness... especially CF.. he's like a moth.. he gets attracted to bright shiny lights.... that's why he does JF all the time.

-LAU

Back