Hoshino silenced by Namco? News from Harada

• Admin
As most of you may know by now, Hoshino (@hoshino_calibur), who is the director of the Soulcalibur series as of 2013, has not been actively communicating with other users on Twitter. It is currently a Soulcalibur news station and not the voice or thoughts of the director himself. We generally see Twitter accounts for both game news and for the leading director when we take a look at other fighting games.

Why is Soulcalibur so different in comparison? Katsuhiro Harada (@Harada_TEKKEN), the director of the TEKKEN series, had this to say on Twitter yesterday in reply to a comment aimed at him.

Harada in 2015 also had this to say.

Why is Hoshino not allowed to communicate with the fans of the game? It seems like an odd decision from a fan perspective. The only way I am able to rationalize this, is that Namco higher-ups may want to keep the future of Soulcalibur a secret. That way any other games they are trying to market (*cough* Tekken 7 *cough*) will have less divided attention. Is this the correct way to handle the social media aspect for the Soulcalibur series? Only time can tell.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Fuck Daishi.
I'd rather wait and get a full SC game than another SCV.
At least he made something that the competitive players like.

The game may not have the characters, content, or story the casuals like, but it still had the best gameplay, balance, character creation, and online the series has ever seen.

Daishi would have added more to the game had it not been for Executive Meddling.

At least he made something that the competitive players like.

The game may not have the characters, content, or story the casuals like, but it still had the best gameplay, balance, character creation, and online the series has ever seen.

Daishi would have added more to the game had it not been for Executive Meddling.
Great competitive game, yea. But everything else is rubbish.

o noez daishi didn't cater to a marginal porion of the fanbase, what a monster
>marginal portion

Casuals make up 90% of the fandom you dumb shit.

Last edited:
You don't need statistics to prove something so obvious. Look around you ffs. It's the reason SCV has been bashed to death. It has the lowest amount of casual content, whether you like it or not. I don't want to go over this again but if you don't know how to properly disagree with someone's opinion, i'll have no choice. You could've at least tried to explain your disagreement or w/e like HydroJamesAqua did. To mock someone's opinion like that is really nothing but flame baiting, regardless of how stupid you think it is.

Even if casual players do make up most of the fanbase, it would still be bad to cater too much towards the casual side.

Look at Soul Calibur III.

That game was rich with content and has the best story mode in the form of "Tales of Souls".

However, the game was not favored by the competitive players for having severe balance issues and horrendous glitches, most infamously the Variable Cancel glitches.

The competitive party does not want another Soul Calibur game that, while rich in content, is a broken, unbalanced mess riddled with glitches.

That is why i say that i want a full SC game next time, one that satisfies both parties. That's why they need to take their time with it. Giving nothing but crap to the casuals again is unacceptable either.

Here's a better example, look at SCII.
It had good gameplay, roster, and offline modes. It didn't even have character creation yet and it's still loved by the majority of the series for being as great as it is. SCVI can be that & much better if they take their time instead of rushing out a SCV 2.0.

I love Soul Calibur 3 to death, yet I can see why the competitive players loathe it. Unfortunately it's hard to keep both parties happy. People are always going to complain about something.

Fuck Daishi.
I'd rather wait and get a full SC game than another SCV.
It's incredibly unfair to blame Daishi for SCV. Project Soul had bigger plans for the game, especially in terms of story mode, and also presumably in casual content. Only 1/4th of the story was finished due to time constraints from hire ups, because of the tsunami/earthquake that hit Japan during production. Daishi knew that it had no casual content. Tago knew that it had no casual content. Everyone knew, but they couldn't do anything about it because they were forced to push the game out at its original date rather than delay it.

And to be honest, I'd rather have SCV's casual content (or lack of) than the mess that was SCIII balance wise. :p

Last edited:
Sc3 arcade fixed the gameplay didn't it? And after much consideration, if 1/4 of the story is already that awful, I don't need another 3/4 of more weird incesty vibes + pattycakes life + Siggy being so desperate as to hand soul Calibur over to a reject that Dumas fired. Only thing interesting was Hilde and Nightmare declaring war on each other.

Sc3 arcade fixed the gameplay didn't it? And after much consideration, if 1/4 of the story is already that awful, I don't need another 3/4 of more weird incesty vibes + pattycakes life + Siggy being so desperate as to hand soul Calibur over to a reject that Dumas fired. Only thing interesting was Hilde and Nightmare declaring war on each other.
Mostly. From playing it myself, Setsuka still seemed way too good lol

The thing is that 3/4 probably wasn't about the Alexandra incest love story, since they finished that in the 1/4 we got. It'd probably be more about people like Viola, Zwei, Maxi and co, Hilde, etc.

My inside sources tell me that AE was no better than the console version of SC3.

The thing is that 3/4 probably wasn't about the Alexandra incest love story, since they finished that in the 1/4 we got. It'd probably be more about people like Viola, Zwei, Maxi and co, Hilde, etc.
Incest is wincest.

AE removed glitches, but it removed a lot of SC3 modes so idk why it was brought up. Might as well not be the same game.

It's still titled Sc3, and many players including casuals were happy that an arcade version did come out. Both sides of the fanbase got something they liked out of SCIII.
If we can get a SCVI that acts like Sc3 ans Sc3 arcade combined, what's not to like? Content + gameplay. We're competing with lots of other fighting games out there. We have to step it up if the game is to be successful in the market. This year is especially big with tekken, street fighter. Mkx K's releasing more dlc to keep their game alive, etc.

It's still titled Sc3, and many players including casuals were happy that an arcade version did come out. Both sides of the fanbase got something they liked out of SCIII.
If we can get a SCVI that acts like Sc3 ans Sc3 arcade combined, what's not to like? Content + gameplay. We're competing with lots of other fighting games out there. We have to step it up if the game is to be successful in the market. This year is especially big with tekken, street fighter. Mkx K's releasing more dlc to keep their game alive, etc.
Unfortunately, not many of us got to play the AE.

Awww, well I guess that's true.
For a contradicting example, I hardly ever gotten to touch the console SCIII but twice. Just twice. Once locally during SCV's time (the people who brought it out rather have played it than SCV). Also once during a tournament at a University.

Back