How many people on this site have gotten the ylod on their ps3?

Impending_Doom66

[09] Warrior
I'm just curious how many 8wayrunners have gotten the ylod. I know several people on my friends list got it around a week before my ps3 died too.I don't don't know if it's being blown out of proportion, but the number of ps3s getting the ylod seems to be growing exponentially. I'm sure going to miss my bc fatty :(

Had my PS3 since a few months after it's first launch. My 60 gig still works till this very day. :D

photoapv.jpg

The trick is to give it alot of space. It's pretty much more like a computer than a system. :p

Yellow Light Of Doom. It's when the power lamp on you PS3 turns yellow and your PS3 dies.
My 1st PS3 died out of ULOP (Update Loop Of Poop)
It went like this:

I downloaded a sony update which was necessary for online play.
Tried to install it, it crashed.
Restarted the Station, it immediately went to install and crash again.
Repeat.

I pooped.

YLOD doesn't actually mean the system dies, it just indicating a hardware problem. Grant it, a huge majority of them do kill you system; however, there are some that can be simplily fixed (Like replacing a bad HDD.) Only problem is that if it isn't a HDD problem, there's really no way to fix it without opening you system. :\

I got my Ylod about a month ago, still debating if I should send it in for repair. The problem is, if I send in a 60 gig, I wont get one back. I still enjoyed playing my ps2 games on my ps3. But I think sony would rather you buy another ps2 as well.

Well my PS3 YLOD'd about 4 months ago at this point and its still not fixed. But Bifordus, if you do decide to send it in, send it to michigan to a place called Gamers Avenue. Ask for Kaleb once you get the number, if you need it i'll give it to you, and tell him your problem. He charges 75$ for YLOD fixes, no questions asked.

Its better than sending it to $ony. But anyway, no it isn't being blown out of proportion, its getting worse.

I have 2 PS3's. and both have had no problems. Personally, I think most of the YLOD reports are rabid Xbox fanboys trolling.

Back