How much has 8way run helped your game?

Step is better.
True.

This made me think of a question, during 8wr/step does anyone ever use :7::9::1::3: when they're moving in a direction? I know I use things like :3::3: for an attack, but for just plain movement it seems odd. Yeah it's 8 ways you can run, but people only ever move straight up, down, forward, and back as far as I know.

True.

This made me think of a question, during 8wr/step does anyone ever use :7::9::1::3: when they're moving in a direction? I know I use things like :3::3: for an attack, but for just plain movement it seems odd. Yeah it's 8 ways you can run, but people only ever move straight up, down, forward, and back as far as I know.

People definitely use :(7):, :(9):, :(1):, and :(3):, especially if you like the attacks that come from those directions better than :(4):, :(2):, :(6):, and :(8):. However, I will tell you that you'll probably see more :(2):s and :(8):s when people are stepping because you'll find yourself getting hit against moves that track at all, it seems, if you use the diagonals.

8WR has helped me mostly with understanding others' minds. Like how it's more fun for them when i fight back and not just lie there.

I am retardedly better since joining. 8way gave me my base for understanding the games depth. I wouldn't say it put me at my level now...that would be all the offline ass kickings I got post evo by Rayikin, but without 8way i would've never had the step ladder i needed to get where i am now.

Having frame data and simply listening to vets discuss why to do or not do something has given me the ability to not only understand my options, but intelligently select my own strategies rather than just try to emulate on youtube without real understanding to the frames, counters, and mind games.

I am retardedly better since joining. 8way gave me my base for understanding the games depth. I wouldn't say it put me at my level now...that would be all the offline ass kickings I got post evo by Rayikin, but without 8way i would've never had the step ladder i needed to get where i am now.

Having frame data and simply listening to vets discuss why to do or not do something has given me the ability to not only understand my options, but intelligently select my own strategies rather than just try to emulate on youtube without real understanding to the frames, counters, and mind games.

You still a scrub so it hasn't help you that much.

I completely agree with everything you said here, this site helped me a lot along with the offline play i have got. Well said.

I've got to thank KrayzieCD for referring me and informing me on lag tactics. That right there changed my perspective on the game. Then, I did my own homework, and bettered my style to fit with what I thought was fair-it worked to my advantage.

After joining 8way I've definitely met a variety of people. There are the offline players (for some reason they all act the same) Save a few. There are the weird scrubs who send hatemail to 8way members, yet they are members. Then there's the skilled and the lag abusers. I've met a lot of skilled players here though, very skilled. Which has no doubtingly upgraded my play style. Thanks to SORBO, I learned how to beat Amy with less aggravation. Thanks to Nori, I picked up Cervantes who is already number 4 (according to the best of PSN list) Which is just all in fun. Thanks to Krayzie for upgrading my game against Maxi and thanks to Bubbles for giving me the most help with Raphael and Algol. All people I've listed are incredible skilled and I can now go head to head with them (save Krayzie)

No thanks to the lag abusers who keep buffing their own E-Peens with silly tactics and "I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!!!!!" posts.

Krayzie:
Haha, there's no point in trying man. He sent me hatemail in my comment box, then I basically just said that he's worthless. (I went thick with that shit, probably made him feel bad) and he sends me a apology haha. He's a weirdo man, he likes to troll, I'd just sit back and watch the show.

I agree that ever since I joined this site, I've helped people improve their game.

In essence.....Dinoz has helped 8WayRun.

Knowledge is power.
And this site is full of knowledge.
Just the frame data and the stuff about evading tech traps and shaking stuns really helped me a lot.
Without 8wr i'd still wonder why i keep on getting hit although i'm holding G.
I still meet many people on PSN who don't know about that or even air control.

8wayrun didn't help me much. What I find the most interesting is when people discuss a certain move that normally looks useless. Or discuss any move in general.
However those discussions are rare and many threads are shit, like who has the biggest boobs, random post threads, and trash like that.

I think 8wayrun would have helped me more if unguaranteed strings were promoted and discussed more, instead of shunned.
In my opinion, viable strings should have their own easy to reach place, just like combos.
Escapable strings are strong when the opponent doesn't know how to escape them. And even though many of them are obvious no-brainers, there are still plenty that work nearly all the time.

Discussing and using those would actually raise the depth level of the game.

This made me think of a question, during 8wr/step does anyone ever use :7::9::1::3: when they're moving in a direction?
The only time I do is with Setsuka.
When the opponent is on the ground, I go next to them and hold 1... I want to be bold and look like I'm preparing for an attack - which I am.
From 11 A, Setsuka has a sweep low. From 11 B, she has a mid launcher.
I hope that they think I'm going for the sweep, and thus I use that manly 11B instead...
...However they usually don't see the 11A coming, so 11B get blocked and it's all a waste.

Yeah if it weren't for pendragon ever telling me to come here I'd still be a net scrub ivy. Totally forgot to mention how playing here allows people to also tell you the difference between lag tactics and real offline tactics. That alone has made me change just about everything I do.

I think all of this 6K business or whatever just makes things way to complicated. I dont understand why arrows or something easier could have been used. I understand it now but it definetely took some time. I think the videos on this site, on the other hand, are really good for showing the good and bad players out there. And they can also be used to teach in a sort of passive way

while i've browsed here for a while, i mostly came for new combos, and maybe some advice on executing most of setsuka's combos. i've learned a great deal in that respect. i am much more able to perform just frame moves that i used to. learned a lot about a lot of characters.

that information, plus playing broken destiny's gauntlet mode, have really helped me out a great deal, though i still have my old habits that are hard to get rid off (using unsafe moves, not taking advantage of guaranteed hits). because of this i still lose to my cousins when i go over to play SCIV.

really though, that gauntlet mode in broken destiny is amazing.

Back