I Am Justice! aGI String Interrupts

DrakeAldan

Follow the rules!
Patroklos' auto GI, Stigma Reflection, impacts horizontal and vertical mids. No thrusts/knees/kicks/shield bashes/etc. You can time it on a BB or 3B or 3A(if it's a sword attack) but not a 3K. You can charge it to extend the GI window from 9 frames to a ridiculous 39 frames (!!!)

But that's not what this topic is about- this topic is about interrupting the opponent's string with an automatic counterattack, and punishing them for even thinking about using that string. While they freak out ("The %^&# just happened?!"), you can continue pressuring them.

Devil Jin's attacks all technically count as kicks. The aGI does not work against him, don't use this move playing against him.

Some moves were impossible for me to test alone. If you know of one that I don't have, please contribute as well.

Some enemies can fake you out and bait your A+B. These instances, and other notes, are located to the side.

"<" denotes a successful impact.
for example, Astaroth 1B<B means that 1B is blocked and the following B is impacted.

If < is in front of one singular move, that is a multi-hit move that you block the first hit of and then immediately impact.

Seeing Brave Edges on this list is.. kind of depressing... Oh well, good news for us, right?

aPatroklos

BT B+K<:B (This oughta throw 'em for a loop.)

Algol (I wonder how dependent he is on these strings!)

3A<A
3B<B
4B<A
6AA<B
33_99A<B (hits on whiff or successful impact)
33_99B<B

Aeon

B<B<B (that's right, this move sucks against Pat!)
wrA<B

Astaroth

1B<B
66_33_99A<B (interrupts unblockable as well)

Cervantes

BB<B

Dampierre

3A<A<A... (hold for damage. if the GI whiffs Dampierre still gets hit)
44A<B (hold for damage)

Ezio

BB<BE
6AB<B
66_33_99B<B (BE version too)

Hilde

3B<B
3B<BE
<C3A
<C3B

Ivy

(had to use smilies, "hold B" was bolding all of the text.)

<:(B):
<wrA+BA
44B+K<B
<66_33_99[A]
22_88:(B): <BBB
22_88B<BE (whiffs)

Leixia

AA<A+B+K
3A<A
4B<B (unconfirmed but probable, you have to time it)
<4A+B (Watch out for 4a+bB!)
66_33_99A<A
66B<B (Watch out for 66BbB!)
22_88kA<A (also applies to 22_88B+K version)

Maxi

4B<B
22_88A<A
Behind Lower B<B

Mitsurugi

FC1B<B (Hold it or time it. Holding = more damage.)
4K<B
66_33_99B<B (Beware, you online fools!)
11_77BA<B (time it out. watch for the MST transition)
3B<BE
MST B<BE

Natsu

6A<B
wrAA<A (whiff, fall damage, watch for PO)
22_88K<A (Tagged outta the air!!! Watch for PO)
Wind Roll BB<B (Yes! Yes! Yes! Charge for best results.)

Nightmare

AA<B (watch for delayed timing, you may just want to quickstep)
3A<A (Yes! I hate this move. The impact may not be totally consistent though, be careful.)
B<B
22_88A<A (watch the GS fakeout)
33_99B<BE

Patroklos

66A<BE (lol wut... aw man)
236A<B (woo!)

Pyrrha

4A<B
44_11_77K<B (Hoooooold it.)
66_33_99B+KA<B (Angel Side Step version as well, hold for more damage)

Pyrrha Ω

6B<BE (Doesn't work on the normal version, CH shake stun! Watch out!!!)
66_33_99B+KA<B (Nemesis Side Step version as well, hold for more damage)

Raphael

BB<B (How pitiful!)

Siegfried

66K<BE
22_88KAA<B (hold for damage, watch the fakes!)
<Chief Hold A (Watch for the cancel.)
Chief Hold K<BE
Side Hold B<BB

Tira

3A<A (BE too)
Gloomy 4B:<B
4B+K<B (hold it)
Jolly 66_33_99B<BE
Jolly 44_11_77A<A (hold it)

Viola

orb set 66_33_99A+B<B (That's it. That's it?!)

Voldo

3B<B
2B<B (hold for damage)
wrB<B (hold for damage, watch the fake)
<[B+K] (hold for damage)
236B<B (hold for damage)
6B<BE (hold for damage)
BT 6A<BB

Xiba

B<B (hold for damage)
A+B<B (unconfirmed, hold for damage)
66_33_99B<BB
66K<B (You can't stunt on me!!! even catches delay)
33_99K<B
<FC A+B (hold for damage)

Yoshimitsu

4K<B (interrupts unblockable)

well, at least this move is sort of important.

ZWEI

3A<BE (... That's it?!?)

---

When the Impact happens, you can either tap A+B for damage, or hold A+B for block damage (they can't quickstep, but they can duck. Watch out.)

With some of these strings (noted where possible, but I've missed some) the advantage gained from the GI is enough to fully charge A+B and have it hit anyway.

Thanks for reading! Go shock somebody today!

Thanks for all the good stuff, I'll let you know if i find anything additional! I've been running through the cast for the past few hours for Just Guard timing and aGI shenanigans.

I found something kind of nice. Leixia's string 6A,B and 6A,aB all get launched if you hit B+K or 3B after the 6A. Same goes for Natsu A,B,K. The reason I'm not sure if it's useful is because in the same situation you can just duck and WS A+B punish. Back to the lab!

Auto GI juice.

Amazing work. Im glad we got guys like myself, you, Sig and others doing labwork. Will be pouring over the data soon.....question...two actually:

Will you be at FR? And if so, do you drink?

This deserves a beer for you, my friend.

I asked if you drank, not if you were 21....hehe silly Aldan.

But if you do come to FR, hit me up. We can get some matches, compare notes, etc.

Also, any characters you need more eyes on? I had this on my list of things to look into, but you already got the ball rolling. Lemme know what I can do to help the research.

I'm about done with the theorizing for now. Anything else past the basics is beyond me, I need more experience before I can start thinking about Pat in new ways.

I'm thinking what's left is documenting matchup data, and a punishment list... That's all that comes to mind right now.

But I gotta start playing more. Too much time in the lab, and I might forget how to block!

Even still, any random ideas you may have that might have potential, feel free to share. Im sure myself and others can take a look, and share what we find.

Yea tested it against Nightmares it will Auto GI. Once they catch on they can cancel the 2nd A and, quickstep Patroklos A+B or, they can just 3A2A. I was hoping A+B would hop over but no cigar. A+B will work but after 2-3 knockdowns it'll then become a mind game.

Went through Story Mode and Legendary Souls. Updated with aPatroklos, Pyrrha Ω, and Algol.

... Hurry up Namco, I wanna play Dampierre. Hurry up :[

---

Interesting thing, I was thinking about it, and... some of these strings can be quickstepped, right? But, a quickstep is two inputs (up-up/down-down), and A+B is one input. So, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that A+B will probably have more chance of landing than doing a successful quickstep.

I mean, quickstepping shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not always on point (a lot), so.

I'll probably make a list of strings that you can use B+K for sooner or later. I dunno about the formatting, if I should put it in the first post or in a new one. I probably will just post again instead of editing the first post.

Against Pyrrha, if you just guard the first hit of her BB, you can get the auto-impact out in time for the second. This is handy because -as far as I can see- nothing else comes out fast enough to stuff her 2nd hit even with just guard. I assume this will be valid for the majority of other character's BB strings

Seems Pat's auto GI will be a powerful tool if you get a read on the opponents block strings (or fight a B happy masher, whatever)

Against Pyrrha, if you just guard the first hit of her BB, you can get the auto-impact out in time for the second. This is handy because -as far as I can see- nothing else comes out fast enough to stuff her 2nd hit even with just guard. I assume this will be valid for the majority of other character's BB strings

Seems Pat's auto GI will be a powerful tool if you get a read on the opponents block strings (or fight a B happy masher, whatever)

Does this still work if you don't get the just guard?

Nope, either you get lucky and you just end up blocking the string or you get unlucky and eat it as a counter hit. I still haven't got the rhythm for the just guard down yet though, so I can't say with any real certainty how safe it is to attempt.

Wow, this is super pro, and totally beyond my skill level.

Nice job.

This of course isn't limited to B strings, I guess many things that are normally unpunishable can get smashed by this technique (trademarked the C0rbul0 Counter). Not sure how guard break attacks interact with just guard yet, that would be interesting to discover.

Oh, and thanks Drake (y)

EDIT: This works on Natsu's BB, so I guess that makes it effective against almost every string in the game

Mitsu 2KB (BE) can be A+B parried, but you have to stand all the way up to do A+B, since it's so horrible on block I wouldn't recommend it.

I'll be making the B+K list and the C0rbul0 Counter® list soon. Just give me some time!

This post being down here is kind of messy, but will putting this in the first post be too long?
I guess the mods can clean this up...? Sorry...

B+K

a Patroklos

22_88A<A
22_88B<A

Algol

6K<K (whiff, not recommended)

Aeon

44B<A<A

Astaroth

A<A (if they hit you with AB it's going to hurt...)
6A<A
3K_3[K]<A (watch that mid version!)

Ezio

4A<B ($%^& your gat ^&*%$)
66_33_99A<B (low crossbow will interrupt)

Hilde

6BB<B
3B<A
22_88A<A

Ivy

A<A (lol)
<[A] (LOL)
6A<K

Leixia

6B<A

Maxi

Just duck, it's not worth it.

Natsu

6A<K
BB<K (watch for Ninja Cannon)
B<KA (also hold K version)
PO A<6 (lol)

Nightmare

A<AB (low will interrupt)
4K<K
4K<BE (lol)

Patroklos

6B<BB (well...)
3K<K
22_88A<A (hold version too)
44K<K

Pyrrha Ω

4A<A (hold ver. too, watch for 4AB)

Raphael

B+K can stuff highs in Prep transitions but you can be countered. Don't get predictable.

Prep K<BE

Siegfried

BB<K
4K<K
22_88K<A series (watch for the phantom low!)
CH K<K (ha ha!)

Viola

6A<B
66A<AB (Don't do it with that B!)
orb set AA<B (Ha haaa!)

Voldo

66A+B<K
BT jump K<A

Xiba

A<AK (Take that!)
3A<B (hits Remembrance)
3B<K

Yoshimitsu

6[A] (Don't get predictable...)
6B+K<BBB
33_99B, B+K<A+B, K (whiff, not recommended)

ZWEI

3A<A
6B+K<A (watch for B)

C0rbul0 Counter®(Just Guard before using the move)

a Patroklos

A<A (B+K)
6A<A (A+B)
1B<:B (A+B)

Algol

6A<AB (B+K)
6B<B (B+K)

Aeon

22_88A<B (A+B)

Astaroth

214A<A (A+B)
22_88A<A (A+B)

Cervantes

A<A (B+K)
wrA<B (A+B)
1B<B (A+B)
4B<K (B+K)

Dampierre

A<A (B+K)
<wrA (B+K)
B<B (A+B)

Ezio

B<B (A+B)
6A<BB (B+K)
22_88A<A (A+B)

Hilde

<C2B (A+B)

Ivy

B<B (A+B)
8A+B<B (A+B, can be countered with holding B)
wrA+B<A (JG second hit, B+K)
B+K (A+B pros only)
<wrB+K (A+B)
22_88BB<B (A+B)
44B<BB (A+B)
44B+K<B (A+B, can be delayed or unblockable)
66_33_99B<BE (A+B)

Leixia

AA<BE (Hard to test. I assume the BE can be A+B'd, if you block the first two hits of the BE you can definitely A+B the last. Watch for the quake stomp.)
B<B (A+B)
A+B (A+B ha haaaaaaa!)
6B+K (A+B)
6B<B (A+B will interrupt 6BbB, niiice.)
33_99B<B (A+B [Punish that!])
<44[A] (B+K, Watch the fake!)

Maxi

B<B (A+B)
<4A+B (A+B)

Mitsurugi

B<B (A+B)
<kB (A+B [sweetness.])
11_77B<AB (B+K)

Natsu

B<B (A+B)
K<K<K (B+K, last K unconfirmed)
66_33_99B<BE (B+K, super pro only)

Nightmare

4B<B (A+B, JG leaves you standing. Stuntin'!)
GS K<BE (B+K)

Patroklos

A<A (B+K) (man... come on...)
B<B (A+B)
wrK<A (A+B charge for more damage)
1B<BE (B+K, not too practical...)

Pyrrha

B<B (A+B)
B<K (B+K)
66_33_99B+K<AB (B+K, Angel Side Step ver too, but... just do A+B on the last one, no JG...)
66B<BE (A+B, JG leaves you standing. Hell yeah!)

Pyrrha Ω

B<B (A+B)
66_33_99B+K<AB (B+K, Nemesis Side Step ver too, but... just do A+B on the last one, no JG...)

Raphael

44_11_77A<B (A+B)
6A<B (B+K)
Prep A<B (B+K)

Siegfried

A<AB (B+K)
B<B (A+B hold for more damage)
<A+B (A+B)
22_88B<B (A+B hold this)
44B<B (A+B hold this)
SH BB<B (A+B, JG leaves you standing)

Tira

A<A (B+K)
B<B (A+B)
Gloomy 4B : B :<B (A+B, unconfirmed but JG should leave you standing)
Jolly 66_33_99A<A (A+B)

Viola

<33_99A (A+B hold for more damage)
44_11_77A<B (A+B, BE too)
<44_11_77B (A+B)
66_33_99A+B<B (A+B)
orb set 66_33_99A+B<B (A+B, hold this)

Voldo

6A<BA (A+B)
wrA<A (A+B)
B<B (A+B)
4B<AA (B+K)
236A<A (A+B)
Death Roll B<BE (A+B)

Xiba

22_88A<B (A+B interrupts all Remembrance options, charged A+B counters Remembrance B depending on timing)
66BB<B (A+B hold for damage)

ZWEI

A<A (B+K, counters EIN too)
B<B (A+B, EIN will CH!)
<1B (B+K)
4K<B (A+B)
66B<A (B+K)

Ahhh! All done! Finally!!!

I'll make a punishment list one of these days.

Good hunting everyone!

Great job! Much appreciated.

btw you can aGI the second hit of Xiba's 33KB even without jG'ing the K part of it.

Asta A+B is also aGI'able too. I fought a Asta who kept doing that and try to slap me away and A+B aGI it ( I believe thats asta move. Last time i used him was in 4 but he would turn the ax and kinda swat you with it) but yes that move can be aGI.

P.S Also everyone remember after a successful A+B 236K IS GUARANTEED AFTER IT. You get your bar build up and the EPIC damage and depending how far you knock them you still have enough time to 236236K to hit them. The ground stun is pretty long and gives you that window of opportunity to 236K

Back