I just noticed...

Well I've got an odd combo I'd like to share and discuss... (I guess it's a note right?)
Well I've been trying to find good combos off of BS 22_88B, the best one I have seems to be very difficult to pull off online...
BS 22B, 4A, BS 66K, BS 66B - this is a non-AC combo, I'm pretty sure, it all depends on when 4A connects...
BS 66B is guaranteed after BS 66K hits them so they slide away from you in mid-air...
But other times it will slide them toward you in an awkward fashion and allow BCR B to tech trap them for BCR B, BS 66K etc... and after BS 66K, BS 66A will tech trap... furthermore after all of this connects you will probably be close enough to a wall so that BS 66A will Wall Splat them for BS 66A, W!, 1 combo and then mixups off of that are easy win... if all of this hits it leaves you with 220 damage dealt and +10 advantage... and if they guess wrong the round is your's...
But most of the time the "booty" will knock them far enough away that BS 66B is the only guaranteed followup to the combo...

Another thing about 4A+B, is it could be useful against Taki's PO Side Step... (if timed correctly of course) but even on hit, she can a+bA (mekki cancel I believe it's called? - i8) and get PO mixups off that... and you'd probably be in BS so you can't Super Freak evade the mixups =(

On another note, if 44~MCHT connects on a airborne opponent, 2_8~LFHT, LFHT A+B (unblockable) is guaranteed... and thats really the only time I would use it competetivley, however rare the occassion may be... and if you guess 2 or 8 wrong in Mantis you could end up FT in Landfish (don't ask me how this happens)... but this is great against Yoshi's FLE and DGF stances...

I was also fooling around with BS 22KK (without going into MCFT), I found a lame ass way to get 6:6B off of it...
BS 22KK, A, 6:6B... I know its stupid crazy good... It's hard to AC out of but I think if they AC to the Back-Right they can escape but I'm not all too sure... If A hits them at the right time 6:6B could be guaranteed and most of the time they land closer than ussual afterward...

These aren't combo's. I don't have a way to test them right now, but I do know that after hitting an airborne with 44, going into DR A+B is rollable. Not tech-rollable, but just a normal roll to either side. You're better off going with DR B.

The BS 22KK thing you listed is AC'able, not sure which direction, but what you can do after BS 22KK is 1.

BS 66K BS 66B will combo, but it can be tech'd to their right, and you run into that problem of the launcher hitting on CH and 66K hitting too soon thusly putting them right at your feet. This is why I suggest doing BS 4B, because it can still be tech'd but you will have the option of continuing the string with AA if they do tech.

There is a 120 damage option from BS 22B, but Manta want's to keep it a secret. If you do figure it out, feel free to post it.

120DMG?!?1

I can only get 90 Dmg from BS 22B. And I think it's ukemi-able, although very hard.

I get 90 damage from doing BS 22B, 44, MCHT A+B~2. that's what you're doing too? Manta said it was limited to something special your opponent has to do. it probably has something to do with the DR B stun if they tech since they are on their stomach after 44.

- BS 22B, 2A+B~236A+B 90dmg (Ukemi-able)

IF BS 22B lands side hit/back hit, it think this is un-acable
-BS 22B 44 (Ground Stun), 2 LFHT B, LFHT B_2 MTHT66 (86), maybe more if they tech

Also
-BS 3B, BS 66K, BS 4B_BS 2A+B~G_BS 44K (The kick might be techable, other 2 are gtd)

Dangit Enkindu ~ :p

I won't leave ya in the dark, the BS 22B is side-hit only, but it's doable after a successful sidestep since Voldo's step in BS is better. Dino has the combo that works from any angle, though that other side hit combo I didn't know about :)

(Side hit) BS 22B, 2A+B~236[A+B] = 120 ish damage.

No wall needed, your opponent bounces oddly enough to where they'll get hit by the unblockable unless they just-ukemi -- You can even do a fancier one, but doesn't do as much damage.

(Side hit) BS 22B, 2A+B~SCC, 2A+B~CR B = 100+ damage

After BS 22B hits, your timing for the 2A+B is strict, it must be done 'immediately' after.

It's not very practical, but pretty nifty imo =)

-Manta-

Dino, if they tech into MCHT 66, you should be able to get more damage with another MCFT 66 while they are on the ground, or even a MCFT B if they don't tech to the correct side.

Manta, thanks for speaking up about it. I would have sworn it was the ground inf had you not said anything.

Hmm so SIDE HIT 2A+B into 236[A+B]. On normal hit 236A+B lands for 90 but not the charge.

The Side hit Combo is pretty sweet. I'll still enjoy regular 44 MT mixups on grounded.

maybe I confused you's a bit... but 44~MCHT needs to hit them completley in the air, it should result in a ground stun in which the LFHT A+B is untechable... I tested this...
Try it against yoshi while he's in DGF or FLE, it WILL ground stun him...
The A in midair needs to be timed right after BS 22*88KK so 6:6 will connect... I tested this...
I'm still not sure if what you said about BS 66B being techable after BS 66K hits off of my combo is true, Enkindu...
Hope that helps...
(And your new pic is cool too Enkindu)
Oh and if BS 4B doesn't connect, BS 4BA is the better option even though the A is a high, because BS 4BAA sucks (except for damage)... actually don't even do the second hit except as a NC...

I'm telling you, that 44 combo doesn't work. To avoid the unblockable, you just roll. It's just a normal roll to either side, not a tech roll. I couldn't have said it any clearer the first time I tried.

I'm going to test some on the BS 22KK, A, 6:6B combo to see how reliable it is. It could be useful, however BS 22K is a 31 frame low, and the 2nd hit is a High so if they just block the first one and duck the second, you will be negative 40 lol. They can do whatever they want to you. It's too risky.

BS 66B is techable after BS 66K. Every option can be tech rolled out of except for BS 2K.

And I agree with you about BS 4BA. You shouldn't do the 2nd A in this string as it leaves you -18 on block, or -4 on hit. BS 4BA is -8 on block, which means it is unpunishable, and +7 on hit. It's pretty easy to hit confirm this move as well to see if you got the CH. I would rather get the extra 20 damage and be at a minor disadvantage than be at +7 in that case.

Enk posting:

I just found out that you can AC after the first hit of 44 if you use it as a juggle making the second hit whiff.

BS 4AB is also good because it puts you back in blind stance for some mixups off of the advantage it nets you...
The unblockable is untechable not unrollable so in a way we're both right, right???
I did the BS 22KK, A, 6:6B combo today a couple times online, it probably is AC able to a certain direction, I'm not denying that but if it lands I'll take it, you know how that works... You just can't execute the A too fast or too slow, it has to be warm pourage... lol
The trick is to get the BS 22K to hit after you've filled their mind with too many options to think about whats going to happen next... can you hit confirm the second hit of BS 22KK??? I've never really bothered to look into that...
Eh, what a I talking about, (BS 22K) its still -22 on grd isnt it??? I think if they try to punish the 22K the second K will hit them and LNC, I'll have to look into that... So you may escape without being punished because they may not capitalize due to how much the opponent understands...

Has anyone else noticed how Voldo whiffs throws against Sieg? Voldo's arms would just go right through him. I was playing ICE in some casuals, and it was damn annoying. I haven't had the chance to really test it yet.

Yep. I noticed that too. A couple weeks ago I went into training mode to see if I could figure out what causes this. I didn't test much, because the same thing happens with NM. I did see that NM has a wide stance, and he will push you out just standing there. You can set him to Block All in training mode, run up in his face, tap A once, then try to throw, and throw 5 times. Every one will whiff even though his hands are touching him. Try for yourself. This happens with most characters too against NM.

So, what I am thinking, and I haven't tested this yet, is that maybe when Sieg is in Side Stance, or Reverse Side Hold, and does an attack that whiffs, or you block or duck... Well, this might cause some throws to whiff. I'm not certain though.

Well, he used to whiff throws on Nightmare in SC2 all the time, and Sigfried inherited most of that move set, so I'd chalk it up to an old issue that never dies.

Probably. It seems to have gotten much worse. It's almost pointless to throw them now. Good to see you posting though, Jay. I hope Voldo is treating you good. It doesn't seem like Voldo vs Voldo matches are quite as fun as they use to be.

Back