iCS/CS and SS information

Step CS is buffering the directional inputs of CS, stepping, then B+G. The CS comes right after the step.
e.g. 28284666-step in any direction u like-B+G

Edit: sry didn't notice Rukia answered already.

Something I've noticed after going through a bunch of videos.

CS and iCS appear to give you 12.5% meter for landing them, but this is all granted on the very last hit of the throw. The opponent instead gets their meter on all the hits before they fall back down to the ground for the last two big hits. This means that "overkilling" with CS cheats you out of that meter if the last hit wasn't able to damage due to the target already being KOd, and is likely to leave them with a meter advantage next round.

And while I'm on here...
The 9 frame break window for CS (and iCS?!) is pretty laughable. For how difficult it is to do now, it gets broken way too often for my liking. Particularly iCS if that ever happens...
SS also has a hint in the Training Mode that says it's "a command grab that is more difficult to break" but appears to have the same old 13 break window the other front throws do.

Something I've noticed after going through a bunch of videos.

CS and iCS appear to give you 12.5% meter for landing them, but this is all granted on the very last hit of the throw. The opponent instead gets their meter on all the hits before they fall back down to the ground for the last two big hits. This means that "overkilling" with CS cheats you out of that meter if the last hit wasn't able to damage due to the target already being KOd, and is likely to leave them with a meter advantage next round.
Were these older videos? Didn't they fix that in the patch? I'm not sure myself, but I'm pretty sure it says, "28284666B+G (Calamity Symphony): increased clean hit chance. Decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge."

Were these older videos? Didn't they fix that in the patch? I'm not sure myself, but I'm pretty sure it says, "28284666B+G (Calamity Symphony): increased clean hit chance. Decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge."
yup it does hes probably lookking at older vids. AND i finally did ics trick is to go moderatly fast and accurate (it can be sloppy but accurate is better) then b+g after the last 6 do not hold the 6 in all it will look like this:

:2:.:8:.:2:.:8: .:7:.:4:.:6:.:6:.:6:... b+g (copied off training {added the dots to simulate speed})

yup it does hes probably lookking at older vids. AND i finally did ics trick is to go moderatly fast and accurate (it can be sloppy but accurate is better) then b+g after the last 6 do not hold the 6 in all it will look like this:

:2:.:8:.:2:.:8: .:7:.:4:.:6:.:6:.:6:... b+g (copied off training {added the dots to simulate speed})
I kinda figured it was more on precision than speed...

A "decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge" wouldn't actually fix the aforementioned meter advantage they get on an overkill CS. Decreased rise =/= no rise. However I haven't seen any videos post patch of CS so I can't actually speak for certain if the meter is still accumulated at the same times it was before. If it is, then this would still be true.

A "decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge" wouldn't actually fix the aforementioned meter advantage they get on an overkill CS. Decreased rise =/= no rise. However I haven't seen any videos post patch of CS so I can't actually speak for certain if the meter is still accumulated at the same times it was before. If it is, then this would still be true.

I'll tell you right now, they gain next to no meter if I land CS on them. Clean hit B is a very noticeable difference too in terms of frequency.

I haven't seen the original post updated with this information, but

SS does 93 on Clean Hit when used as a backthrow.
CS does 84* on normal hit when used as a backthrow, and 106 on Clean Hit (backthrow).

*Actually, there was a little 'glitch' when I did this in training mode; the damage value shown on the right side of the screen said '84' and the one that was shown next to the training dummy said '85'.

It's really not easy, and I found a new method a while ago that works better for me. But basically just do two circles as fast as possible and end with a really fast 666B+G (pretty sure the last part is most important). It's extremely hard on the 2-player side, since you have to do like 2 and a half circles.

Can someone check damage of backthrow iCS with Clean Hit? I think it should do 110 dmg or more, I really wonder.

It's really not easy, and I found a new method a while ago that works better for me. But basically just do two circles as fast as possible and end with a really fast 666B+G (pretty sure the last part is most important). It's extremely hard on the 2-player side, since you have to do like 2 and a half circles.
whats your new one?

Back