iCS/CS and SS information

If I'm understanding this stuff right you guys are saying that if the enemy ukemis after certain moves then there is a set number of frames before they can duck again. This leaves a brief window where they are forced to stand up and this is how you land the CE after these moves correct? Kinda like a tech trap into the CE?

I've been trying something in training along these lines. I had the computer set to Ukemi and the second move as crouch and block all crouching. After CH 1B+K, B+K, I launched the CE and it caught as they were coming up before they crouched. If I had it set to tech backwards they avoided it though. Is this the kind of thing you guys were talking about?

If I'm understanding this stuff right you guys are saying that if the enemy ukemis after certain moves then there is a set number of frames before they can duck again. This leaves a brief window where they are forced to stand up and this is how you land the CE after these moves correct? Kinda like a tech trap into the CE?

I've been trying something in training along these lines. I had the computer set to Ukemi and the second move as crouch and block all crouching. After CH 1B+K, B+K, I launched the CE and it caught as they were coming up before they crouched. If I had it set to tech backwards they avoided it though. Is this the kind of thing you guys were talking about?
yes, it is also escapable if they simply lay on the ground instead of trying to get up

I don't like iCS. Regular CS already builds the opponent 1/3 bar, which is far more than you get for landing it. iCS builds them very close to 1/2. You can perfect someone and they build less meter than that. =\ If iCS had a bigger damage boost without clean hit and/or a smaller break window I'd try to use it in matches, but the way it is now makes it near worthless to me.

Maybe im alone in this but i feel simialry about CE and SS. While i agree SS is far from great i think, generally its more useful and better use of the meter then CE. Partially because of the damage, if CE isnt about Kill somone i see very little reason to do it, when instead you could land 2 SS and get 130 damage for 1 bar(with chance of at least one them Clean hitting and giving you 75). The other factor is the speed though I can understand the argument of CE being unduckable after F22 this isnt enought to overcome the start up.

Maybe im alone in this but i feel simialry about CE and SS. While i agree SS is far from great i think, generally its more useful and better use of the meter then CE. Partially because of the damage, if CE isnt about Kill somone i see very little reason to do it, when instead you could land 2 SS and get 130 damage for 1 bar(with chance of at least one them Clean hitting and giving you 75). The other factor is the speed though I can understand the argument of CE being unduckable after F22 this isnt enought to overcome the start up.

The CE is also unbreakable... now if it couldn't be ducked on reaction it would be a lot more useful.

I was wondering if there was a good way of masking the animation?

I think both CE and SS are bad and not really worth spending the meter unless you really need the damage.

I've been trying to use less SS. Using 50% for a mere 15 dmg boost is nothing. You can get the same effect by hitting them with 2K after a regular throw. Not to mention it also builds the opponents bar quite a bit. I'm glad that Link has addressed this issue. CS/iCS, SS and CE all build opponents bar a lot, especially CE.

I did forget to list the unbreakable. If the oppenent has more then a third health left i dont thinking it worth it to use CE but if you think the CE will end the match and you can land it then imo thats better investment. Especailly if they have 1 stock comepleted because they are going to get 2nd one as the match begins anyway. I do agree that her throws are giving ppl to much meter but i feel that SS is lesser of 2 evils since it has more potineal.

Hii!! By long time since I wrote here but I have been reading.I can hardly leave me horror sin actual combat the CS, however I have seen the videos of Link comes out very easily .Any trick to do it stick? hahha sorry for my horrible english >_<

What is the way to buffer CS during a step or a quickstep ? Can someone give me an example ?

What is the way to buffer CS during a step or a quickstep ? Can someone give me an example ?

According to link, buffer CS in first THEN step. After the last 6, and assuming you inputted it quickly enough, you should have enough time to press 88 or 22 then B+G -- the grab should still come out.

Something of my own invention. Note that this has little to none impact on the actual CS usability, it's more for flashiness.

28284666214AB+G - Flaming CS. When done correctly she will scream "My sword.. now sing for these sinners".

282846664B+KB+G - same as above, but Ivy cancels 4B+K UB. She does a small backstep. I know that ever since SC2 (or maybe even SC1) canceling this UB puts you in FC, so maybe there are some "forced" TC frames here? Not sure.

Something of my own invention. Note that this has little to none impact on the actual CS usability, it's more for flashiness.

28284666214AB+G - Flaming CS. When done correctly she will scream "My sword.. now sing for these sinners".

282846664B+KB+G - same as above, but Ivy cancels 4B+K UB. She does a small backstep. I know that ever since SC2 (or maybe even SC1) canceling this UB puts you in FC, so maybe there are some "forced" TC frames here? Not sure.

Any gimmick that is out of the norm is a good thing -- if for nothing else but the mindgame. No harm in trying it out.

I will give these a shot. Looks fun!

EDIT: Lol, this is hilarious, and maybe even practical.

So input CS, then 214A/4B+K like Ring mentioned, or even something simple like B. Cancel using B+G, or hit confirm then B+G respectively. CS STILL comes out!

This is really cool. I can BB -> CS buffer -> 4B -> B+G (CS).

Edit 2: Okay, messed with this a bit more. There is definitely some viability here. It's made even easier since G is a higher priority than B. Therefore, pressing B+G can be used to cancel something and directly throw at the same time! For instance:

CS Buffer -> G -> B+G (CS)
CS Buffer -> a_b_kB+G(CS)

Going into even more depth, you technically should buffer in CS whenever possible and simply option select depending on hit confirm. For instance, and assuming the opponent doesn't duck:

BB (buffer CS) -> blocked -> G
BB (buffer CS) -> hit -> either B -> CS OR direct into CS.

The following instance may be situational, but not ideal for competitive play:

BB (buffer CS) -> 4K -> B+G while in middle-end frames of 4K.

This is because you can't hit confirm it. The long buffer period of CS has to end somewhere before the game stops recognizing the move. If you wait until hit confirming 4K, CS will not come out. However, if you press B+G while in the middle-end of 4K, CS will come out right after, but if 4K's blocked, you're asking for punishment.

Long story short, buffer CS to fast move then throw or buffer CS to cancel is perfectly competitive IMO.

Back