Hmm, so wacky ideas
-Some un-americanised orient flair
-controlled mystic - all projectiles require just inputs
-Raphael to retake his dark persona

In general the characters need to hit their types harder lol
e.g Lexia, natsu cute, fast, comboers
NM Sieg slow hard hits
#
A clear division between difficulty use.

I would like a pang tong, or xiao addition

-Raphael to retake his dark persona
The like is just for that sentence xD

For now, I just want a new SC game, I don't wanna ask for a specific character... Ok maybe just a TRUE iaido-master (aPat isn't even close to being a katana-wielding character imho) and a short-sword wielder :D

The like is just for that sentence xD

For now, I just want a new SC game, I don't wanna ask for a specific character... Ok maybe just a TRUE iaido-master (aPat isn't even close to being a katana-wielding character imho) and a short-sword wielder :D
aPat isnt great, generally iaido incorporates more stepping, drawing!, and positioning. I do toyama, and it's very calm, precise cuts, and step

Actually it would be good to have an aikido based character

I'd still like to see someone with classic broadsword. Sieg and Nightmare are cool and all, but I'd like fairly quick sword wielder (that is not zweihander-type sword), who excells at mid-range with good pokes and maybe stance transitions between one-handed/two-handed styles.

I'd also like zoner-type character with actual projectiles. Be it bow, crossbow or something else, like throwing daggers. Ezio has crossbow, but that definitely isn't his top move or something that defines his gameplay. I think Algol's bubbles show that this kind of character is possible in 3D fighting games, I'd just like them to look more into it.

And as an aikidoka myself, some aiki style character would be pretty cool too. :) Maybe someone that uses Jo staff? I've never seen japanese staff users in any fighting games, I think...

Nice to find another aiki on here ^^
Projectiles would be good, but it would need something to balance
A hojojutsu aiki char would be great I'd think, havent seen one yet

Besides those I mentioned.

-Riki with Kamas, or Kusarigamas. Also an option is a dual ended sword.
-Bangoo with this, or Rock's weapon (morning star rather than an large axe)
-Traditional Kunoichi with large Tessen fan and jutte. Just to revamp the Steel fan moveset from SC3.
-A New Korean, unless Yunseong himself returns

To revamp the wave swords, one of the few options:
-Persian assassin with Twin scimitars
-Moroccan Byronic Hero with Twin nimchas (synonymous to scimitars)
-An Indian with twin trishulas (Compared to the weapon of Dynasty Warrior's Wang Yi. Yes, those are not sais.)

Everyone loves sociopaths and anti-heros, anyways.

Actually seeing as namco can make a game with shit loads of moves and stances e.g tekken
This is off topic but if they could recycle soulblades weapon break system, and have weaponless styles for each character.
Could be interesting.

Actually seeing as namco can make a game with shit loads of moves and stances e.g tekken
This is off topic but if they could recycle soulblades weapon break system, and have weaponless styles for each character.
Could be interesting.
That would be actually pretty awesome. Almost forgot it was in SB.

Could be interesting.
Don't read this, Project Soul.

I don't need arguments to say that a game based on weapons need weapons.
Someone beat me to it again.

Yes, that is the one primary factor about this game. It's a melee-weapon based fighting game. That's what causes this series to stand out alongside other fighting games.

Namco has tried the unarmed feature before in SE, but was executed horribly. Many, if not all, had the same style, attacks, and throws. Why? Because Namco considered them having weapons as first priority.

SB had mimic mves all over the place, as did every other fighting game of the time. Yes it is a weapons based game, but there is no substantial reason why it cant have some realism added to it, clothes seem to break in this game, why cant weapons.
SC needs some serious work in general, and a hefty amount is to be done in re balancing the game, this would just provide another way of doing it, whilst keeping the game fresh.

Im not saying make it a melee fighter, but if someone keeps blocking, their weapon should eventually break, or atleast be altered

anywho, this isnt a thread for arguments etc, end of this matter

There was that game, Kabuki Clash, where characters could "throw" their weapon to fight in melee for a while. It was kind of interesting for the gameplay :)

Yet, however, I agree that the Soul series shouldn't be Tekken-like: Devil Jin was really, to me, the shitty CaS style (seriously, if I wanna fight with DJ, I buy Tekken). Ezio was interesting, since he is not a fighting game character, but Devil Jin is really blah (I tested it and never used it).
I wouldn't mind Valeria's style coming back, it was a nice alternative to fist-fighting. Nevertheless, the Soul series needs a second wind and inviting characters (and the "enemy's" clothing) is not, imho, the solution.

Wait and see until we got some news...

Gonna have to pass on the weaponless fighting for now. I'd like to see them polish what they already have, make it marketable to a much bigger audience before they delve into any seriously game-changing mechanics. Valeria's kick-based playstyle was a whole lot of fun, yes :) Those shop keepers were a high point of my experience with SC3 XD 'You mean, I can play as the sexy shopkeepers too? What can't this game do??? :D'

SC3 had the best varieties of styles *sigh* I kinda miss these "I am part of the story" bonus characters... Oh well, let's wait and see (and let's play other games while waiting xD)

Back