If Games Could Get Abortions...

Dogs eat their own shit. I can see how this is possible also.
You comparing me to a dog eating its own shit?

I don't want to start some dumbass halo debate here, but you calling anyone that liked halo 3 retarded kinda struck a nerve. I know you weren't really directing that comment at anyone in particular. That's why my response wasn't as harsh as it could have been. But then you want to go and say that shit up there? Don't be a fucking asshole.

1. I never played Kane and Lynch because it looked terrible and the demo sucked. So I didn't waste my time.
I had a free rental from gamecrazy, it was gonna expire the next day, they had nothing I wanted, so I gave it a try just to see if it really was as bad as all the reviews made out. It was and then some. But something about it's terribleness stayed with me and was actually sort of endearing. I mean the stealth mission you lose because they didn't actually program foliage or shadows to provide you any cover at all was a laugh and a half on the 20th reload. How could they make something SO bad. It crossed over into being funny. But only in retrospect. But let me ask you, who's post was I referencing? Not you in any specific manner.

2. I live in the present, hence me talking about present games. The topic was about any game, not just past games.
And that's cool. There's a lot of new games that are complete and utter shit. Take Xblades,
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, or Street Fighter 4. I can agree they're shit. It's just being able to look at something and being able to see how little thought or effort went into it. It's like saying No country For old men is the same kind of movie as Manos the hands of fate just because you didn't like no country's ending or some shit like that. "I couldn't stand how this gun handled, I couldn't stand having to shoot enemies in the arms and legs". Seriously, you tell me, be that shit not ridiculous? Some people are just complaining that the game they played was not another game so it was bad.Well that's what I was thinking.

3. I mentioned Willow, which is very old lol.
Much respect rasta. But again I wasn't referencing you specifically.

4. I started playing the Halo series when the first one came out, so I'll talk about how bad one of its successors is all I want, because I know what's changed in each iteration.
Woah. I don't believe it. Quick somebody call Willard Scott.

No seriously, that's cool.

5. How much Halo 3 have you even played ghengis?
Not a lot. I didn't really feel compelled to buy it as I've sorta lost interest in the whole fps genre. You will note a conspicuous absence on my gamertag of many gears, halo, cod half-life, l4 dead, shadow run ect achievements. I might pick one up and tool around with it but I don't really buy them anymore. I played some halo3 at a friend's house for about 4 hours and learned to hate the spartan laser. That was about it. But we did play some of the co-op campaign and let me tell you without a doubt. There is a game that is better off having existed. If you wish it had gotten an abortion, reconsider, let me adopt it. And I can say the same of Gears 2's onslaught mode or whatever. Maybe you're just spending time in the wrong mode, but something worth keeping there, redeemable value. Certainly more polish than superman 64.

Tons of people played on my halo account. It was pretty much locally open at college, I honestly don't consider rank anything important in any game. In fact, the majority of Halo 3 that I played would be online on other people's consoles.

CNP: My bad. Everyone has an opinion and I'm being a dick. I just found that game to be more disappointing because it had so much hype behind it and felt way more shallow than what it should have been, in my eyes at least.

And the thread is Game Abortions: I can pick any game I want that I wish I never had played. I can say something that came out yesterday or 10 years ago. I can say a good game or a bad game, its just something that I wish that I had never played before. As someone that is really calm and finds the hilarity or fun in even the most poorly designed games, I guess I just didn't see the humor in looking forward to a release for three years only to have it disappoint me so thoroughly.

Alright, man. It's cool. Yeah, it's predecessors were awesome games, and the hype for this one was just too fucking huge. No, the game didn't turn out perfect, so I can appreciate your disappointment. But GJ has a good point when talking about abortion-worthy games vs. "disappointing" games.

lemmie ask you guys a question...whats the main reason for sf4 being abortion worthy...well for those of you who think it is

lemmie ask you guys a question...whats the main reason for sf4 being abortion worthy...well for those of you who think it is

I believe it is abortion worthy because:

More of the same old shit
Horribad music
Shitty Mechanics IMO
The most boring fighting game I've played since Ballz for Genesis

probably because SF4 is alot harder to play then SC4 and not as much fun,personally I like SF4 because its alot more challenging and ive played it a lot during my childhood so yeah.I also like it because winning in SF4 to me is much more enjoyable then winning in SC4.My point is SF4 is really hard to be good at, and most people just quit because they can play a better easier fighting game.

Halo 3 - This game was what I believed to be "the one" game. Like Halo 2 was when we played the shitton out of that. Nope. Overhyped, overplayed, and chock full of stupidity. This game was a letdown of epic amounts for me.

Gears Of War 2 - The first GoW, despite its host bullshit was pretty fun. It took me a long time to actually get rid of the first one, simply cause of the addiction factor it carried. PLUS, most of my friends list was into it at the time. I was actually a walking GoW1 single player strategy guide. Knew where to go, best ways to do whatever, and knew where every COG tag was by memory. SO GoW1, shitty as it was. Im not going to wish never existed. But its sequel, a game backed by false hopes, false dreams, and retarded new mechanics. I'll list my problems with GoW2:
1. Gernades: They were already, basically the most POWERFUL weapon in the first gow. GoW2 took it one step further, by allowing you to tag them on walls AND hold them while DBNO(down but not out).
2. Chainsaw: Gears 1 had this right, for the time I played it. never got sucked into the chainsaw in GoW1. In fact, my random shot in their general direction, typically did the trick. Gow2? You can tell, Cliffy Bullshit wanted MOAR CHANSAWZ PLZ! in this one. By cleverly attaching a hidden super vaccuum cleaner on the lancer. Im guessing that wasn't good enough so in GoW3...it'll just have Scorpion's harpoon.
3. Host: YOU REALLY COULDN'T FIX THIS!? REALLY!? TAKE A FUCKING CUE FROM SOMETHING OTHER THAN MORTAL FUCKING KOMBAT YOU CHOAD! FIX YOUR HOST PROBLEM ON THIS GAMES MULTIPLAYER, CLIFFY B, YOU ASSHAT! Dedicated severs, client side hit detect, SOMETHING MOTHERFUCKER! This right HERE was the true fucking mood killer of the first GoW and since it was THE major thing that turned me off that game, imagine my hatefilled rage to discover the shit was back in FULL FUCKING FORCE!

For some reason, i liked the first halo better than the rest of them. Probably because I don't own an xbox and don't play any shooters, so the very simple arsenal was easy for me to work with. Also helped that the pistol was the great equalizer in skill since it was a starting weapon.

probably because SF4 is alot harder to play then SC4 and not as much fun,personally I like SF4 because its alot more challenging and ive played it a lot during my childhood so yeah.I also like it because winning in SF4 to me is much more enjoyable then winning in SC4.My point is SF4 is really hard to be good at, and most people just quit because they can play a better easier fighting game.

I actually didn't mind playing SF4, but I don't think it's that great of a game either. The game isn't hard to play, you just have a smaller window to hit combos. It may be more technical than what some people are used to, but just practice for a day and you'll get the timing. It's a game of spacing and I understand that, but that doesn't really equal to skillful playing in my book.

Anyone can pick Sagat and Ryu and spam fireballs till you have to jump in. I just don't see the depth of the mind games in this.

Your options:
1. Fireball to keep them zoned out. If they jump in, combo them
2. They get close to you, continue hitting low or hit low and walk in and grab them while they are in blockstun.
3. If your low hit connects, chain the rest of your combo
4. Spam their good move. It's ok, everyone only has like 3 or 4 moves so nobody will care

I play Akuma and I mostly do air fireballs in a match until i make them jump the wrong way, then bam, you're combo'ed. Now that you lost health I can keep jumping back and throwing fireballs.

Effective, but not fun to me
For some reason, i liked the first halo better than the rest of them. Probably because I don't own an xbox and don't play any shooters, so the very simple arsenal was easy for me to work with. Also helped that the pistol was the great equalizer in skill since it was a starting weapon.

Most of the people who were actually good at Halo liked the first one better. It concentrated more on the more skillful player having the advantage. Now's it's all about picking up equiment and other shenanigans

I find it funny that when I was criticizing SF4 when it came out, everyone was all, "stfu this is an awesome game you're just mad that you suck," and now, after I've begun to appreciate it somewhat, everyone's all "SF4 is a shit game kill it with fire." Remember when everyone wanted a separate forum for SF4? Glad we got one for BB instead.

I actually didn't mind playing SF4, but I don't think it's that great of a game either. The game isn't hard to play, you just have a smaller window to hit combos. It may be more technical than what some people are used to, but just practice for a day and you'll get the timing. It's a game of spacing and I understand that, but that doesn't really equal to skillful playing in my book.

Anyone can pick Sagat and Ryu and spam fireballs till you have to jump in. I just don't see the depth of the mind games in this.

Your options:
1. Fireball to keep them zoned out. If they jump in, combo them
2. They get close to you, continue hitting low or hit low and walk in and grab them while they are in blockstun.
3. If your low hit connects, chain the rest of your combo
4. Spam their good move. It's ok, everyone only has like 3 or 4 moves so nobody will care

I play Akuma and I mostly do air fireballs in a match until i make them jump the wrong way, then bam, you're combo'ed. Now that you lost health I can keep jumping back and throwing fireballs.

Effective, but not fun to me

Most of the people who were actually good at Halo liked the first one better. It concentrated more on the more skillful player having the advantage. Now's it's all about picking up equiment and other shenanigans

Yeah but almost every character has at least one anti-fireball move+focus cancel and fireballs leave you open for like a second once you use it which an opponent can take advantage of if he/she has a move that can get past it(ex.balrogs super/ultra,chuns super/ultra etcetc).It is true that fireball spamming is one of the most effective strategys but that doesn't mean there isn't a strategy that can counter it.

Thing is, I don't knock people who are really into SF4. I like playing the game sometimes, but after watching higher level vids and playing against some good people, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm talking about high level play. I understand what's going on and I see what they're doing. The game itself is fun, but the high level play is boring to me. Just not my preference.

Thing is, I don't knock people who are really into SF4. I like playing the game sometimes, but after watching higher level vids and playing against some good people, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm talking about high level play. I understand what's going on and I see what they're doing. The game itself is fun, but the high level play is boring to me. Just not my preference.

Pretty much the exact opinion I hold about the game. I can appreciate the technical skill needed to pull off those max-damage combos 100% of the time, but I really don't want to put time into a game that relies almost entirely on a technical-skill offense. The only defensive techs in the game are what, getting up faster and breaking normal grabs? You do have other 'defensive' moves like spamming fireballs, or focus attacks, or character specific evades/counters, but you really only use those for chip damage and building Super meter for more a more 1337 offense.

What makes it abortion-worthy though is how it's recruiting scrubs who could be picking up SC4 instead. :(

Yeah I just wanted to stop by and say everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was being a dick. This occured to me earlier today.

Back