If there was a Soul Calibur VI, prequel/sequel/reboot/retcon?

SC6 needs to be 26 maxi's. that way everything will be balanced since everyone's the same character. as an additional plus, they're all maxi! =P

It has to be a sequel. Retcon/reboot would just piss off the people who adjusted to the timeskip,
Who exactly liked the time skip? Most people who reviewed the game thought it was stupid. It didnt make a lick of sense anyway considering Maxi being alive but Talim dead... etc... and I refuse to accept something as deus ex as time travel in SC as a canon method of saving the day.

and a prequel, given the current material from the artbooks, would just seem lackluster unless you retconned events (and I mentioned the retcon issue). Sequel's the only viable option, which will STILL piss people off because it will only cement the losses of their mains to the new additions, but that can be fixed by the addition of a more-encompassing story mode that lets us bond to them more than just Pattycakes and Pyrrhr, and could even provide the saving throw for the Alexanders as characters (IE, Pyrrha nuts up for good, and Patroklos takes his holy warrior gig all the way.).
What? No, a sequel isnt the only option. People dont like the Alexandra children because of what they are but do not know who they grew up from. A sequel would have to continue from what we have currently and the ending in SC5 was just terrible. Im sure people would appreciate it more if they went back to explain more and give these characters the build up that SC5 skipped. SC6 should be held off for continuation when they have a story to continue off of... SC5 neededs to be done over personally or they made a game lebelled something else that is the prequel. Like "Soul Calibur Test of time" or something. They could then reintroduce the old characters back in. Since they werent mentioned whatsoever in SC5 it wouldn't break anything if they were to come back and they can introduce the new cast BEFORE they met up and explain Pyrhha's childhood etc... If they jump into SC6 and continue the story based on the current SC5 it will just mess up everything else even more. By SC7 id be too late to reconsider where the story screwed up. The only way to tie in the new universe with the old one is to have a prequel saying how it came to be.. but without just saying everyone dies here like our new characters like what SC5 did.

Who exactly liked the time skip? Most people who reviewed the game thought it was stupid. It didnt make a lick of sense anyway considering Maxi being alive but Talim dead... etc... and I refuse to accept something as deus ex as time travel in SC as a canon method of saving the day.

What? No, a sequel isnt the only option. People dont like the Alexandra children because of what they are but do not know who they grew up from. A sequel would have to continue from what we have currently and the ending in SC5 was just terrible. Im sure people would appreciate it more if they went back to explain more and give these characters the build up that SC5 skipped. SC6 should be held off for continuation when they have a story to continue off of... SC5 neededs to be done over personally or they made a game lebelled something else that is the prequel. Like "Soul Calibur Test of time" or something. They could then reintroduce the old characters back in. Since they werent mentioned whatsoever in SC5 it wouldn't break anything if they were to come back and they can introduce the new cast BEFORE they met up and explain Pyrhha's childhood etc... If they jump into SC6 and continue the story based on the current SC5 it will just mess up everything else even more. By SC7 id be too late to reconsider where the story screwed up. The only way to tie in the new universe with the old one is to have a prequel saying how it came to be.. but without just saying everyone dies here like our new characters like what SC5 did.

I will admit that there is a lot that works here that I had kinda forgotten. A remake would allow for some filled-in plotholes (all of them), deal with much of the cast issues people have (we'd get a new style for Alpha that doesn't exclude Setsuka or make the last half of the original 5 story a pain to play, though it would probably wouldn't save the Koreans, but they weren't movers and shakers anyways...), and would fit the "outcasts" of 5's roster in.

The problems are whether or not Namco would let them, and whether or not it would get released against Tekken.

Hell... at this rate... maybe a reboot could happen... *sigh*

theoretically? yes. practically? no because she's not maxi.

But by my logic, Maxi would become Pyrrha, and therefore she WOULD be Maxi.

Project Soul should just make a non-cannon game next like Tag and just throw whoever they want in it and it will hold people over until they can think of what to do with the franchise.
I think that would be a cool idea. A non canon Soul Calibur tag game would be interesting to see. I wonder what the team grabs would look like lol

For the long run, I wonder what new innovative things they'll add to the gameplay? I just pray they don't add rage mode like the Tekken series, the brave edges and critical edges do enough lol.

Well just a non-cannon game in general, it doesn't have to be tag based. It just needs to hold people over and we can forget about SCV since pretty much everyone and their momma will be in it, well at least that would be the plan.

SC3 bonus characters here we come!

Project Soul should just make a non-cannon game next like Tag and just throw whoever they want in it and it will hold people over until they can think of what to do with the franchise.
Its obvious what they should do with the franchise. Go back to their roots and undo everything they changed from 4 into 5; then continue off fresh from 4 where it left off gameplay wise and visually. To my knowledge though 4 wasn't liked too much it had less then half the problems SC5 did but I mainly just find the taste in my mouth still sour having to think about them actually trying to sell out just to grab some of the SF craze and fans that don't belong to them. SC's fanbase was huge simply made up of those that grew up with it from its start plus the chunk that came it at 2. Why sell out?

Well just a non-cannon game in general, it doesn't have to be tag based. It just needs to hold people over and we can forget about SCV since pretty much everyone and their momma will be in it, well at least that would be the plan.
if its non canon they can make a game solely around giving CAS a story. Like with the CAS trailer in SC3 suggested. It would be a story where you are small and work your way up through battles to become someone bigger (like SC2's Level up system) while going through the Default characters and recruiting them or rejecting them when they ask to join your adventure.

Back