If you could have super powers, what would you like to have?

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
I'd like to have hydrokinesis! I find it to be a very useful ability as water is very commonplace (being the basis for all life to exist). Not only would I be able to manipulate the water within the environment, but also within people bodies.

I'd like to have hydrokinesis! I find it to be a very useful ability as water is very commonplace (being the basis for all life to exist). Not only would I be able to manipulate the water within the environment, but also within people bodies.
You’d literally be called HydroJames if that were to ever happen lol.

I'd keep it subtle. Give me the powers of a Vulcan. Need to communicate something? Mind meld. Need to perform aggressive negotiations with someone? Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Need to stay calm in the face of overwhelming circumstances? Vulcan logic.

Last edited:
on comix forums, I have repeatedly seen similar surveys.
I recommend a small addition to the initial conditions - it's forbidden to take omnipotence, it's not fair with respect to others, and the experience of hacking games has shown - to play with an all-powerful hero quickly annoys
invulnerability can be taken either as a Superman (invulnerability for anything other than a rare thing), or as a lich or Sauron (the source of your immortality is a destructible thing, if someone destroy it - you will immediately die)

I remember as in the game "Silent Hunter" which is infamous for great difficulty level, I could pass an episode approximately from the two-hundredth loading of a game. Whether you are ready to a situation when for solution of the problem you have to come back to the past hundreds of times?

"Also, powers to manipulate people to get what I want."

the main problem of classical hypnosis is that the behavior of the person in a hypnotic trance very strongly differs from behavior of the ordinary person. For this reason hypnosis is very traced ability. If you you make that that bad, you will be quickly traced

Not so long ago on the comic forum there was big poll "If you had superabilities for what you would use them?".
Nearly a half voted for "Eternal life, or at least considerable extension of an active part of the life".
Further in decreasing order "Power and rulership", "Wealth and famous", "Sex with the Hollywood superstar (it isn't obligatory from her consent)".
Judging by its results, at those who chose option from them "I will become a hero, not for the sake of money or glory, and just to help people" ahead a lot of work :)

David Blain, please chill man. Are you going to respond to what people wished what kind of power they want by telling them the cons of it? That is just plain rude.

sorry, if told something unpleasant. Allow a question - you never heard about Giges's ring?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Gyges
Gigas in this legend directly says that the person happy and glad with life doesn't need magic and wonders.
Than more man dissatisfied with the life, that high probability that having received a wonder he will make something bad.
In addition, he says that honest man has no application for invisibility, and throws out a ring.....
....but, after a while, it doesn't maintain temptation and refinds a ring. Further, it seducing the queen, kills the king and becomes the first supervillain

sorry, if told something unpleasant. Allow a question - you never heard about Giges's ring?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Gyges
Gigas in this legend directly says that the person happy and glad with life doesn't need magic and wonders.
Than more man dissatisfied with the life, that high probability that having received a wonder he will make something bad.
In addition, he says that honest man has no application for invisibility, and throws out a ring.....
....but, after a while, it doesn't maintain temptation and refinds a ring. Further, it seducing the queen, kills the king and becomes the first supervillain

Expressionless-Face-Emoji-Classic-Round-Sticker.jpg

well, then let's talk about losers. a plot, standard for comics, "the loser receives superpower and becomes the hero".
it is based on the tale of Aladdin\François\Lee and a magic lamp\a magic bean\ magic fish.
however practice of large lotteries accurately and clearly showed - the loser who won big money won't become a hero, he will become the rich loser. in most cases it will quickly spend all money for pampering and twiddling.
practice also showed - the loser with weapon won't become a hero. most likely it we will go to take vengeance on the school enemies.
very much I recommend the movie "Deadly Weapon"(1989). There the story of the loser with supergun is accurately shown:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Weapon

Back