iMCF HELP

Sorry to revive this thread, but I’ve been having trouble with iMCF and I just saw someone refer to it as 2a:5B. Wow! Is this right? Do you really have to release 2 as you do the slide input? That would explain so dang much... I’ve been doing it as I held down on the joystick.

Somehow I suspect that’s not right, and you’re all going to tell me you don’t need to let it snap back...

Sorry to revive this thread, but I’ve been having trouble with iMCF and I just saw someone refer to it as 2a:5B. Wow! Is this right? Do you really have to release 2 as you do the slide input? That would explain so dang much... I’ve been doing it as I held down on the joystick.

Somehow I suspect that’s not right, and you’re all going to tell me you don’t need to let it snap back...

Let Pocky Yoshi "condescend troll" you. Pocky Yoshi says you suck! Nanchatte! xD

On a more serious note, 2a:B is without a doubt hard to do. I sat for a hour or so and practiced sliding my palm of my thumb until it was red. Sometimes, it was easier for me to do 6A only buffer and make it easy for me to do imcf(2a:B). When doing imcf, it's best to do it while standing. If your input comes out as 2A+B or 2A, then you're on the right track except you pressed the buttons too much or pressed them altogether. In general, just find the rhythm and keep at it with repetition and it'll come to you. Here's some irrelevant fluff of my opinion, it's a bit harder to do it on a Ps3 d-pad than a 360 d-pad. And I originally love ps3 d-pad. In any case, I hope I helped. If not, a better Yoshi teacher will explain better.

-Pocky Yoshi

Couldn't find a Q & A thread on the SA - iMCF RCC iMCF. How do I know if I succesfully RCC'd?
(to the best of my knowledge, the input is 2a:B 6~2a:B, correct?)

Couldn't find a Q & A thread on the SA - iMCF RCC iMCF. How do I know if I succesfully RCC'd?
(to the best of my knowledge, the input is 2a:B 6~2a:B, correct?)
You'll do an iMCF simultaneously after the previous, without standing up. 2a:B 6~2a:B will work but I tend to get it more consistently if I do 2a:B~66~2a:B, that way I don't have any delays in my input.

Edit: Have you tried doing other iMCF RCC's (Combos and such)? iMCF RCC iMCF is a hard one at firs (At least it was for me).

thnx bro =) - and no I haven't.
No worries. Easiest way of making sure you did the RCC correctly is by doing iMCF RCC 3B+K:B. If you do both JF's your opponent will bounce up (Which can lead to the guaranteed 9A+BG on most male characters). If your off axis it wont work though.

It is a simple fluid motion - slide your thumb from a to B and do 2 at the same time. Simples.

^NeoRussell's iMCF tutorial.

EDIT: more Neorussell JF tips...at 1:39 is the iMCF part...shows you how to do it on an Arcade Stick, 360 pad, and a PS3 pad

Just for fun :p

ppaA9.gif

@Synraii
If you iMCF, RCC, iMCF and the opponent blocks the first punch, the second one clashes at i23, which means Yoshi's RCC is -7... iMCF on G is -6, and the second is i10, without RCC means second MCF should be i16 however clashing at i23 leaves a difference of 7 frames...

@Synraii
If you iMCF, RCC, iMCF and the opponent blocks the first punch, the second one clashes at i23, which means Yoshi's RCC is -7... iMCF on G is -6, and the second is i10, without RCC means second MCF should be i16 however clashing at i23 leaves a difference of 7 frames...

I dont really know how you get your i23 clash from. I think you are just too slow :P

RCC is the same for every character, its not different for Yoshi.

iMCF is i9ish and -6 on block. If you do it on block, RCC and do it again you get 6 Frames Blockstun+ 1 Frame RCC+ 9 Frames till impact of next MCF, so i16.

I get it to clash with Setsukas 1B:B which is i17.

Yeah I'll retest, I'm probably doing it wrong or am too slow :( I think when I tested I just stood up regularly or something like that... This was just all from memory...

UPDATE:
Yeah, what I actually remember testing was just standing regularly into a second iMCF, which is -7... However, iMCF, RCC, iMCF does indeed have the second punch hit at i17, so thank you for that docvizzo... But due to speculation on iMCF's speed (is it i9 or i10) I couldn't determine if RCC is -1 or -2, so I tested with another attack instead and iMCF, RCC, AA has his AA clash at i18 which indeed means RCC is -1 and also means iMCF is i10...

In theory iMCF is i9 but...

The input command (2a:B) already uses one frame before the iMCF.
So we can consider iMCF is i10.

Already said ^^

Let's just say that it's damn fast and move on. Frames are OFTEN lost during tourneys do to nerves, slow execution, etc. So, regardless of who is technically right the end result is really what matters.

Case in point, Yoshi can technically beat out a commonly used Cervy frame trap with iMCF, but he only has a 2-3 frame window of error to do it. You miss by a couple frames and you either trade or just plain lose. It would make more sense to discuss risk/reward in a specific scenario.

Back