Interview Time! Episode 9: 8WayRunners vs. Evo

In your previous interview some of you asked for new questions. I believe right before Evo is the best moment to let you know us how are you going one of the biggest weekend for all FGCs. Whether you are going or not, participate or not - let's get ready to Evo!

slide-jpg.20028

10. Are you going to Evo? If not, will you be following the event by becoming a stream monster?
11. Which Evo games do you find interesting beside SCV?
12. Who do you believe will reach top 8 at Evo in SCV?
13. Do you think that SCV will go on after Evo?
14. When did you start following Evo?
15. If you have participated in any of the previous tournaments, how did you do?
16. SCV at Evo vs. SCV World Finals & SC Impact - who wins?

1. Stream
2. Street Fighter
Keev
Malek
Kayane
Hawkeye
RTD
Woahhzz
Belial
Partisan
4. Not sure, really hope so.
5. Is always a valid answer? XD
6. n/a
7. EVO!

10. Are you going to Evo? If not, will you be following the event by becoming a stream monster?

I'm not going to Evo, no - sadly. A couple of guys I play with at locals have made the trip over from the UK, but not me. Next year. Definitely next year! This year I'll be stream-monstering and making use of any unofficial archiving I can find (the time difference is a killer!)...

'Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: Version 2012' is the other game I play, and I really enjoy watching that game. I've never had any desire to play 'Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3', but I love to watch it, so I'm looking forward to that. And 'The King of Fighters XIII' and 'Skullgirls' will be fascinating to watch. Pretty 2D, me!

Keev, RTD, Kayane, probably Hawkeye, hopefully Belial... and I imagine a few players I don't yet know will round it out...

AFTER THE FACT EDIT: This shows what I know, and why no-one should ever listen to me! :)

I think it will go on after Evo, but I don't think it will be at Evo next year. There'll be 'Tekken Tag Tournament 2' to take the 3D spot (and maybe even 'Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown'). I love the game, but there just aren't that many people playing it. Hopefully it'll get represented enough during the year to force it's way back, though, as it's not just great to play, it's great to watch...

15. If you have participated in any of the previous tournaments, how did you do?

N/A

16. SCV at Evo vs. SCV World Finals & SC Impact - who wins?

Evo. It's the biggest stage, and that's where the best players thrive and show what they're made of. Daigo 2004. 'Nuff said.

A little late, it didn't post the first time >:U so i'll just repost everything as if it were on time and pretending grand finals didn't happen lol

-Sadly no, stream status for me. I'd LOVE to go but I need a full time job first for everything.

-Honestly besides SFxT everything else was a plus for me even though I don't play AE, UMvC3, or MK9 anymore its still great to watch.

- Enkindu, Keev, RTD, Belial, ...I forgot my other top 4, crap lol

-What do you mean? Like tournament scene-wise? Because if that's what you mean then of course. With the backing the game has I'm sure it will go on for awhile.

-5 years ago I believe? It took awhile and I was kinda late to it XP

-Awkwardly small locals but I didn't place well enough to even be worth mentioning. Around my way in northern PA nobody I know plays SCV they prefer the other fighting games.

16. SCV at Evo vs. SCV World Finals & SC Impact - who wins
-Now THAT is difficult since I'm at a tie with the World Finals and Evo since its (overall and not just with SCV) been filled with Upsets and surprises around every corner and I think even more so than SCVWF and SCI but that's just me of course.
----------------------------------------
Jumping ahead to the future now, My GOD that was an amazing tourney for SCV that Tira player put in work against everyone...well that he faced lol.

Live streams

5 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
3 Viewers
MrDrou
MrDrou
I hope i get to play as my main. (Final round)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back