Is a Nightmare nerf coming? =(

lol rushdown monkeys, but yea i'm already having trouble with aPATs, natsus rushing me down pre patch, now it's going to be alot more painful to deal with :/

Wait, so we cannot block for 20 frames after starting a back dash now? How about B+K G, does anyone have frames on that yet?

backstep B+K~G works, but it's not good at all. If you want to block 18-19 frame attack you have to do it in early backdash state. So then your backdash is 1/3 or 1/4 of it's normal range.
So mini backdash just to block 18-19 frame move, not a great deal.

Bad news. The patch affected Nightmare indirectly in more ways than one.

1. The backstep nerf, of course.
2. Aga. You can no longer buffer aga in your backstep or sidestep. Instead, it comes out as an aG cancel. I don't know about you guys, but this REALLY hurts the way I play nightmare. I can adjust at least, but... yeah. This sucks.

Still though, NM avoided anything severe thank goodness.

EDIT: I found the fix for this. You can just input aga after you recover from your step, like normally. You just can't buffer it. Alternatively, you can buffer it into your step by doing agaaaa. You can't get the JF this way, but at least it comes out sooner.

So no big whoop, all is well again.

@DeathInMyEyes: LOL. I just literally was testing this as your post went up and I was about to post it myself. I was playing a few matches just to get a feel for it and died because I would step and try to iagA and nothing would come out. Yeah, it has to be done after the step recovers. It feels like the same applies to back dash.

Bad news. The patch affected Nightmare indirectly in more ways than one.

1. The backstep nerf, of course.
2. Aga. You can no longer buffer aga in your backstep or sidestep. Instead, it comes out as an aG cancel. I don't know about you guys, but this REALLY hurts the way I play nightmare. I can adjust at least, but... yeah. This sucks.

Still though, NM avoided anything severe thank goodness.

EDIT: I found the fix for this. You can just input aga after you recover from your step, like normally. You just can't buffer it. Alternatively, you can buffer it into your step by doing agaaaa. You can't get the JF this way, but at least it comes out sooner.

So no big whoop, all is well again.

shit.. i use aGA just like you do, i could do it while backstepping (cancelling it) but i'm not liking this new discovery :/

LOL, Norman you know i love sarcasm.

66B seems to be +1 or +2 when blocked, his 66B seemed to trade with Pyrrha's 2A and his K traded with Pyrrha's AA,
lol im loving the shitty damage on throws, thanks Namco, 40 y 45 that made sense LOL.

now i guess i could sleep easy at night :D

Hmm... Nerfed grabs... maybe because NM is really good at closing distances? maybe? I'm just tryin' to figure out why.

Whatever, it's not a big loss. In the end it doesn't really hurt him much. I'm not even upset about it, at this point I'm just extremely curious why they decided this.

Personally I thought 66B was good enough. It's a slow, long range hard hitting launcher that was only -2, now it's like +2 now? Strange.

Edit: 66B also seems to have good guard damage. I'm gonna have to look that one up again

.... Backdash nerf sucks. It's going to take some getting used to since I played nightmare as a spacing and punish character. With such a big window for punish I wish they would have taken off ch properties on step and bd animations.

I got killed by random Hilde CE twice when I was stepping or backdashing ffs.. Her CE is godlike now with that range and the non-guard.

66B positive on guard is cool for the moment, I get a lot of CH 6K :)

The throw damage sux, it's pitiful when you look at the life bar decreased so little.

I was hoping they tweak 2A, this move is completly useless, same damage than 1K, more unsafe, less quick but still in the game...

I feel NM is stronger after this patch.

and it's not because of 66B... it's thanks to the backdash nerf.

-LAU

@ LAU: It's a double-edged sword. Sure, people are more suspect to getting hit by everything since they can't move (lol)....but once they get in, you're kinda fucked also since there's no way to create space safely.

Spacing type characters are DEFINITELY weaker in this version; no doubt about it.

Agreeing with wing zero here. So far I really dislike the way the game is playing so far. Call me a complainer but it feels very blocky now.

Back