Is Nighty too strong this time round?

Is Nightmare too strong?

• Total voters
Rumor has it that some characters will also receive new moves, how awesome is that.
Daishi once mentioned in an interview, that he would prefer to buff weaker chars than to nerf stronger ones. So maybe we will see all chars getting closer to the s-tier cast. Right now, NM is a one of the most balanced characters in the game imho, good and fair.
If he gets buffed, i am expecting nothing less than superbuffs for certain other low-tier chars.

You might complain about backdashing but have you seen the speed of forward dashing in this game. Get some balls and forward dash against NM.

Yay infinite stages.

I haven't read anyone's reason, but I think, in the early game, quite a few characters have too many tools that cover too many things. It's not so much that they're overpowered that it is this new system GREATLY benefits things like horizontal, mid, relatively safe attacks, long-ranged attacks.

@Omega
So you heard rumors of NM getting buffed? Do you think/hope Sieg will be buffed as well? I mean cmon, if they buff NM, Sieg deserves it too.

If the rumors are true then NM and Natsu are getting hit with the nerf bat in the upcoming patch.

Then all the people in denial (who main NM no doubt) will be forced to admit he was OP.

Yeah, because fighting game developers with a crack-like addiction to fanservice clearly have a top notch understanding of how to balance a game for competition. So if the developers nerf Nightmare, that definitely means he was totally OP, and not that people on the internet don't know how to block and punish.

I can bring a warning from the Mortal Kombat world. Yeah, I get it... Mortal Kombat: LOL. But look, MK9 was a game that had everything it needed to be great at the beginning, then the developers quickly began to systematically ruin it by listening to every crying online scrub who could put fingers to a keyboard and the whole thing went to shit very quickly. The gameplay went from challenging to kindergarten over the course of three patches. Balanced stuff that idiots couldn't beat was nerfed, broken stuff was left alone because idiots couldn't figure out how to implement it against other idiots so it went largely unnoticed.

Nightmare is fine. Squelch the whining, save your game. SCV hasn't even been out for two months yet. There is no possible way that anyone can accurately determine what is and is not broken to such a degree that it can justify a balance patch. If this goes the MK9 route with the community yelling for nerfs every time any unexpected (but really, ANY) character wins a major, I will cry myself to sleep.

Back