Is Nighty too strong this time round?

Is Nightmare too strong?

• Total voters
I can't even believe this is a thread. Nightmare is not overpowered in any way. He is slow as hell and the most unsafest character in the game. He does good guard damage and he should! He has a giant sword.. He has no command throw, and poor TC compared to the rest of the cast.He has a decent damage output this time around. He is a decent character at best.

Honestly, I think he needs a B command throw, that gives really good oki. He also needs to be able to do A+B from NSS. If A+B explosion occurs from absorbing a hit, it should be + frames on block....its pretty lame that its unsafe if you absorb a hit and they can block. I miss 11b aswell.. but hey..I can't complain. This Nightmare is still better than SC4 NM..
I generally agree with your post but honestly, its full of exaggerations. Unsafest character!? Unsafe, sure but definitely not the unsafest.
Decent damage!? More like probably the highest damage of the whole cast. Not the best dps but in any case he is definitely better than decent.
Also, why do you mention not having a command throw as a drawback? The majority of the cast doesn't have a command throw.

You are spot on that he is in no way overpowered but don't exaggerate. He is finally just perfect, he neither needs to be nerfed nor buffed imho.

I think nightmare is one the most balanced in the game. He is a high risk high reward character who plays exactly that way.

Asta and sieg are definitely not safer than nighty. Aeon could be as unsafe as nm as well but i am not 100% sure about that one

Asta is leagues safer than NM. All his core moves other than 6K are safe on guard as far as I can tell (or -10 which only a couple chars can punish). Sieg Aeon Zwei though maybe. I just wanted to see what names people throw out.

Fair enough. My point was basically that he is not the unsafest character - there are others as unsafe as him.
People tend to exaggerate when talking about the characters they main, which i feel is just downplay my own character syndrom.

NATSU IS FUCKIN OP, SHE HITS LIKE A BITCH FOR A RUSHDOWN SAFE CHARACTER, THEY SHOULD ALDO RAISE VIOLA'S DAMAGE AND Z.W.E.I, HE'S MISSING SOMETHING, EIN HIS COOL BUT WHY IS HE UNUSABLE AFTER CERTAIN MOVES...

People complaining about NM having the highest damage of the cast obviously haven't been on the receiving end of Mitsu's 3B 236B BE 66A+B which does 153 dmg on tech trap and 116 otherwise. Also they haven't received a 3BKK CH from Xiba. This list could go on and on...

Have you seen the damage Cervy and Alpha pat get? There are a ton of characters that do MORE damage than Nightmare and some don't even have to use bar. If you think about how much more work you have to do with NM compared to other characters, he doesn't do as much damage. If you whiff punish with NM 33b you get like 59 damage. If you whiff punish with Cervy IGDR you get like 100 with no bar.

Not having a command throw hurts. Theres a huge break window for regular throws, thats why people break them all day. When you have a command throw, it forces a legit mixup. Half the characters don't have a command throw....

Sir..... shall i go over the list of characters that have a command throw?Pat,natsu,asta,raph,voldo,hilde,algol,yoshi,ivy,cervy,omega pyra....and quite a few other characters get guaranteed damage after throws like Zwei.
Nightmare has a giant monster hand..hes 335lbs ..and natsu is like 5'5 and 100lbs and she can command throw you for lke 65 damage and oki..
Now tell me what sense does that make. Natsu does not need a command throw.

I am not over exaggerating. I play like 8 characters and I have really good knowledge of this game. Asta is miles safer than NM. Now Seig is a different story, hes a pretty unsafe character. There both almost equally unsafe. NM doesn't have decent mixups when you compare him to the rest of the characters. I could give you a ton of examples of that.

He is not perfect because the risk vs reward is not good. Not....good.

Natsu and mitsu (to name a few) deal insane damage thats for sure.
But that doesn't mean nm's risk reward is bad. The damage he deals is perfect and fair for his risk - its the other characters that deal too much damage.
Maybe its just me maining sieg and all but i would shit bricks of happiness for having nm's
risk/reward.

And yes natsu doesn't need a command throw...that bitch lol.

^I main Sieg and I want Natsu damage! I want NM to have it too. Just lower Natsu and Cervante's damage and give it to the Zweihander styles. I don't believe people with daggers (Natsu), short swords (OPyrrha), and dual weilding people with insane tracking (Cervantes) should do more damage than someone with a weapon that is the length of themselves... and with less risk involved.

Back