Is SC2 much better than 4?or am i the olny one who thinks so?

thegovamint

[08] Mercenary
My ps3 stoped reading games about two months ago,so i went to gamestop and rebought SC2.As i started playing i realized how much better the actual gameplay was.tower of lost souls was extremely weak compaired to weapon master,also the weapon master games are to me more challinging and much more driffernt beacuse you learn new stratigys.And all the play modes time attack,team battles,ect there are a lot more options than in four. Also in the fighters outfits,beacuse now they made my girl sophie look like a whore in SC4.dont get me wrong i love four, the graphics,online and the create a fighter.But i think they could have done a much better job and when you play 2 and 3,it seems to me that that project soul slacked on 4.so whats your oppion?

Soul Calibur 2's GI system is primative compared to SC4's. Without step-g soul calibur 2 is solid, but ultimately SC4 has critical finish so it kind of over rides any positives that SC2 has over part 4.

SCII had better features such as time attack, survival, exhibitions, etc. while I believe the gameplay of SCIV was better overall. Of course that's just my opinion since I only started playing SC competitively during SCIV.

The make a long story short, this will all come down to opinion. The game is what you make of it, both sc2 and sc4 were competitive and had strong player bases. Each had different tweaks to the same overall engine and some ppl will always prefer one way over the other.

In my OPINION, minus balance issues with a few characters, SC4 was a better overall game for competition. SC2 was more balanced in match ups however, meaning people will remember it more fondly imo. In SC2 X was tops and basically equivalent to what Amy is now, however you didn't have an outright blatantly great character like Hilde to skew all perspectives.

cha cha
cha cha

SC2 was a game with so much glitches, that in certain way was fun to use, and with SC3 they try to recode the game to eliminate some bugs and make the characters more solid, and they did a really good job but as they couldn't test the game in an arcade before console launch the game was full of overpowered characters and the insane G22 glitch... SC4 its the most clean version of the game since SC for DC; the soul gauge feature make the game no suited for turtle's players... this system is the best for me... wakeup times right... step right... balance? ehhh I would say the 75% of the characters are balanced (except Hilde, Kilik, Amy, Rock, Algol, Mina and Tira) but in overall I would never going to play SC2 again (maybe just for fun using the glitches).

-Stryker-

Basically, the way I see it.

SC4 (to an extent SC3 since that started everything) is the game you get when you take all the complaints people had with SC2 and fix them. Unfortunately, a lot of people find that not fun anymore. Oh well.

sc2 had some good features, like team mode versus (i loved it), and way better single mode, in comparison to sc4.
btw i don't care about single player, cuz sc4 has a great gameplay, and thats the only thing i see in a fightin game.
the addiction of SG makes the game more enjoyable and strategic, i truly love it.
especially after full of glitches sc3.

Anyone who's read my posts knows where I would stand on this, LOL! Glad I'm not the only one other than my circle of friends who thinks SC4 took a major step towards a Street Fighter style of play. SC2 was much more of a thinking game. It was MUCH faster, you needed to implement tactics, and there was no such thing as you can't defend yourself, or recover after a hit. Now all I have to do is a bunch of knockdown lows and repeated unblockables, game over. I've won rounds in 4 moves from unrecoverable combos.

SC2 had team competition mode built in, that was sweet as hell.

Now all I have to do is a bunch of knockdown lows and repeated unblockables, game over. I've won rounds in 4 moves from unrecoverable combos.

Maybe you should play against someone who isn't half retarded?

SC2 moves a lot nicer. The overall power level is higher, stages are prettier, and the way they did delayable moves is a lot better.

On the other hand, step G is stupid, X is stupid, GI is kinda stupid, 2G is retarded. Bonus characters sucked, but they always do.

SC4 fixed the stupid stuff, but they broke most of the cool stuff too. I still think it's a fun game, but I'd like to see a new SC game that plays like 2, but without the stupid stuff.

Oh trust me, you don't have to be a "noob" to get hit by unblockables. Many of them cannot be avoided. And what happens when people start doing them a lot? The other person gets upset. Then he starts trying to do his lows and unblockables. Then you have a silly game going that neither person enjoys, and neither person will play each other again. That should tell you how silly it is because over abuse of them leads to anger and bad experiences.

I really like both games, but I liked the story/arcade mode in SC2 better. I also liked Weapon Master mode a lot.

Oh trust me, you don't have to be a "noob" to get hit by unblockables. Many of them cannot be avoided. And what happens when people start doing them a lot? The other person gets upset. Then he starts trying to do his lows and unblockables. Then you have a silly game going that neither person enjoys, and neither person will play each other again. That should tell you how silly it is because over abuse of them leads to anger and bad experiences.

did you ever played offline?
if someone starts doing a lot of UBs, he's pretty dead.

What is this nonsense? Of course 2 was better IV. You could BEAT Xianghua. You CAN'T beat Hilde.

[/partialsarcasm]

and they did a really good job but as they couldn't test the game in an arcade before console launch the game was full of overpowered characters and the insane G22 glitch... SC4 its the most clean version of the game since SC for DC; -Stryker-

Please don't say they couldn't test the game in arcade. They made a conscious decision to go for the quick buck and go straight to console. The best two characters from the last game got buffed and there was unnecessary nerf of characters like Talim. The glitches dominated the game to the point where they were the game.

Not so. Unblockables can be done at different speeds. You can only guess when to move. Internet has nothing to do with it.

of course some UBs are nice to mixup in CERTAIN occasions, like wakes.
but overusing 'em is a suicide, against a decent offline player.

Back