Is SC2 much better than 4?or am i the olny one who thinks so?

I like Soulcalibur II ,weapon master ,survival ,team battle ,characteres and the music is good
Soulcalibur IV is good but can improve

It's just nostalgia. Most of the SC community was forged with SCII. Many people were sucked up by this game. It doesn't matter what they do, the original will always be better, even if it really isn't. In fact, any past time will always be better, it's basic psychology.

My opinion:
SC1=SC2>SC3AE>SC3>SC4

SC1 and 2 are quite possibly my favorite games of ALL TIME. On the other hand, there are hardly any fighting games that I actively hate more than SC4. I would not play that game if you paid me. I do not enjoy being negative -100 on every attack, being forced to block because I can't move, and then being CF'd because I was blocking.

The movement in SC1/2 is just SO good and fluid. No other games really capture that feeling. While SC5 feels much much better than SC4, it is still not up to the level of the first 2 games.

SC2 was my first SC game, it had link (NGC version anyway) and was the first weapon based fighter i ever played.

With all that said it'll always have a place in my frosty heart, but SCIV allows you to create characters, i do enjoy playing myself in video games. also 720P with much higher quality graphical textures is nice to.

There all good in there own ways, except SE and SC1 since i have no opinion on games i've never played. :/

SC2 was the first SC game I owned/played so I will always say yes.

The only edge SC4 has over SC2 is graphics/character creation, IMO.

I started with SC1 but the nostalgia I have about that game doesn't make it the best arbitrarily. I do think a few of my favorite characters are better suited for it though. SC2 was great when people didn't abuse step-g. It moved quickly and fluidly and your character (even fatasses like Asta) felt extremely responsive. SC3 and 4 seemed to tone the movement speed down dramatically and 4 especially made stepping almost useless with most characters. They all have their pros and cons but I think SCIV definitely has the most cons of any of the games.

SC2 > SC3 > SC > SC4

I've read a lot of posts of people hamming it up on people who think SC2 is the best so I'm prepared for retaliation and accusations of me viewing it all through rose-tinted glasses.

I haven't played SC4 yet, so....
SC2 is way up there with my favorites, though. My personal favorite is 3, but I have a hard time deciding whether to play 2 or 3 most of the time.
It's really based on opinion and nothing else.

Oh, this thread was made for me!

Soul Calibur 2 is probably my favourite fighting game of all time. In fact, I still play it when I have the chance and I still love it like the first day. Lots of unlockables, a solid singleplayer mode, a smooth, fast gameplay, lots of multiplayer options... and team battle! It has passed the test of time and that's what makes it a legendary game. You know Soul Calibur IV and V will lay under dust when the online features disappear or another game in the series is released. Just like 'fast-food' videogames.

Not to mention the amazing intro that puts the ones from IV and V to shame.

if they took 2 repackaged it with glich fixes, small player balance, and online play. game over friends the perfect sc has been made. on top of that, dlc characters from all the future sc's implemented into the sc2 system. then if you want to get crazy and give everyone a heart attack pull a king of fighters and have different ver. for each character ( mitsu sc1 ver. vs. mitsu sc4 ver. ). and you could do dlc for the newer characters. so say i want a viola that doesnt have an orb and focuses on rush down or something. only in a perfect world.

Back