Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

You need to buffer the 6B8 into the very final frames of the attack, or be super fast about it immediatly after Ivy recovers.

How do you input 6B9 after a air launch. I have been trying in training and i keep whiffing it with 6B or 9B. Can someone help me with the timing of the input and if there is anyway to make it come out easier?
If you find it hard you can do :8::A::+::B:>:(B): instead. It does the same damage but you cannot use a BE for an additional 5 points of damage afterwards.

CH 88A ~ 66B BE (W!) ~ 2A+B ~ 1B BE ~ 6B8 BE ~ 6B+K = 115 Dmg [1.5 Meter]

FC 1B ~ 1B BE ~ 1B BE ~ 8A+B {B} = 93 Dmg [1 Meter]

44B B (W!) ~ 2A+B ~ 6B8 = 78 Dmg [Meterless]
44B B (W!) ~ 2A+B ~ 6B8 BE (W!) ~ 7B+K = 96 Dmg [0.5 Meter]

CH 2A+B ~ 1B BE ~ 1B BE ~ 6B8 BE (W!) ~ 7B+K ~ 6B8 BE (W!) ~ 2B+K ~ 66 ~ Bk = 160 Dmg [2 Meters]

6A+B (W!) ~ 8B+K ~ 6B8 BE ~ 7B+K = 141 Dmg [0.5 Meter]

CH 7B+K ~ 88B BE ~ G ~ Bk = 69 Dmg [0.5 Meter] not guaranteed but it looks cool.

6B8 or 6B8 BE is guaranteed after any CH Stinging Souls attack. A 9B+K follow-up also isn't guaranteed from 6B8 BE but is good if the person decides to back ukemi or just stays on the ground.

CH 7B+K OR CH 8B+K ~ 6{A} = 36 Dmg it's not high damaging but it pulls the opponent back in for mixup strats

Has anyone found ant decent tech traps yet? The ones in the guide are pretty much useless since you can avoid all of them by teching to the side.

Has anyone found ant decent tech traps yet?
3K(full charge), 3b tech traps in all directions

Edit: been playing around with how to follow up a non-counter hit 3b, pretty much the best options are..
6k for about 65 damage total after the tech trap
neutral B for about 67 damage total after the tech trap
If you catch them with 3b while teching to the right, you can use A(hold) and the whip state second hit will also connect for about 73 damage after the tech trap.

How do you input 6B9 after a air launch. I have been trying in training and i keep whiffing it with 6B or 9B. Can someone help me with the timing of the input and if there is anyway to make it come out easier?

6B8 is technically 6b8. ie, slide/fast input speed. i normally just do 698 with D-pad, making sure i hit B quiet fast after the 6.

tech trap-
CH 2A+B - B+K can be escaped by teching left. I don't know if they can roll out of the way or not.

Can you guys tell me if this is a valid tactic?

I've been using

A+B,A,Throw

and for when they start blocking low Ill do A+B,Throw. I also use it mainly when I get a 6+B+K.

Im really cheesing out with Ivy right now because Im not good with her and its been catching a lot of people, was just wondering if I should abandon this now or keep it in the trick box?

Can you guys tell me if this is a valid tactic?

I've been using

A+B,A,Throw

and for when they start blocking low Ill do A+B,Throw. I also use it mainly when I get a 6+B+K.

Im really cheesing out with Ivy right now because Im not good with her and its been catching a lot of people, was just wondering if I should abandon this now or keep it in the trick box?

It's basic, but valid. A+BA gives frame advantage, so nothing wrong with attempting a throw after.

A+B then throw, not so much. That first hit is not -as- safe nor good on frames. It's still good to throw out from time to time to be unpredictable, but not anymore than that.

Hey guys new to the notation so go easy. Found this neat little trick out in a few matches where I started forcing my opponent to block busy multi-hits (7/8/9 A+B, here and there, or 4 [A+B], B on wake up, or what have you) and then guard bursting
Poor Ivy needs all the help she can get this time round, and this works a treat:

When an opponant's guard burst gauge is red, the first hit of 44B,B,B always guard bursts on block and the rest of the chain is guaranteed
AND(even better):
the first hit of 44B+K bursts and the unblockable launcher is guaranteed (edit: though the first hit of this isn't guaranteed to break, so only use it if it's been red for a hit or two) .

so I've been using 7/8/9 A+B, or 4[A+B], B, in situations where the opponent can block, but surely MUST block, and 'punishing' with moves just slow enough to block, but not to counter ( B(hold) and 6B8/2 is handy for it),

Once the gauge is flashing red I use one of her launchers/stuns, but instead of doing the rest of the combo (1+k, 214+B for example) just don't do the 214+B and instead immediately begin:

44B,(Guard burst) B,B, 6B8 or 6B8 BE

OR

44[B+K](Guard bust), U!, 6B8, or 6B8 BE (with 6B8 BE, damage is about 125 plus whatever you got for the initial knock down/set up)

opponents can roll away from 1+K, so if someone could look into a stun/launch in which the opponent is forced to block on recovery and cannot evade, then the combo will be bulletproof.

potential awesomeness

When I want to burst someone's guard I actually use 3[K], if their gauge is flashing yellow it goes to strongly flashing red, or if its red it bursts right away.
It has low recovery, so you have time to set a lot o things up. Like 2A+B > 1B BE > stuff

I think 3b>1b be x3>6b8 be works on guard break but very conditional. 1 you have to have 2 full bars 2 they need to be angled on a wall not straight on because if you are not right next to them on the initial 3b it will push them to far out for the 1b be. worth having as an option pulled it off a couple of times, but not sure if it is something to rely on because i think it only does 85

22b 4A+B,B tech traps to ivys right (1p side) and backwards for 66 damage. The 4A+B can only hit once maybe twice 3 hit wont work.

I ment to write CH 4A 4A+B,B Tech Traps to Ivys Right form 1p side sorry about that.

WR 1B (near) - BT B - 68B

Catches all aerial control and is a lot easier to do than buffering 68B from G. Someone can try to test this out on their own, but I've had no problem hitting Algol with this every time.

Back