Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

Hey Link, thanks for asking:
Sweep
Stomp AT damage (also does this combo to sweep like sc4?)
2k is it fast
6A,K Knockdown
214b/(b) are they good/safe, tc, hit otg
SE jf B's damage, safeness, does it jail/lock you in RE until the GC hits
1a ch. Does it have a follow up combo
Is ivy lick always the BE version and how is it at RO
Sc5 1A+B is it in
sc4 wp g9b is it in
Wp Fc3b/(b) are they still in?
Sc4 CL 236B,B[4/6] still in and can you still land far with B4 and close with B6
Sc4 wp44b,b (delay) does this track tech
Sc4 Sw 22b ch. Does it launch
66k still a safe tc

Sc4 wp A+B,Bis the Gi still trash, does the B NC and can you charge it to UB
Does she have good GC's?

Thanks again hope its dope CS the shit out everybody.

Last edited:
I'm going to be at CEO this weekend with the updated Ivy build. Anything in particular you guys/girls want me to test?

I won't bother you with too many requests--just somethings small: We got that the inputs for SS are the old inputs. Can you check to see if the buffer window is as strict as already mentioned by @Nofacekill3r? At this point, no one identified the inputs for CS (other than the scrub buffer from SC2 and SC3), so can you try it? I think that the inputs for CS in this game might either be from SC4 or SC5 (unless they really are the same). I'd also like to learn a little more about SE, so if you can command throw from the stance or pressure the opponent like in SC3. Thanks ahead of time, Sean.

Big goof on my part guys! Ivy does have her old 66A!

Can't believe I didn't find the input! It's probably something simple that I overlooked haha.

Important: Note that it makes them fall backwards a fair distance. Perfect spot for them to get up into a 2A+G ;)
Somebody please test if 2B+K hits mid and what her best anti-roll move is at that distance (I hope 2B+K has time to track after they're knocked down). Gonna just tag @Linkrkc since I know he's going to CEO. Not bad!

Excuse my typos and shorthand. I'm typing all this on a phone. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

@Kaz

Sweep
- 22_88k

Stomp AT damage (also does this combo to sweep like sc4?)
- constant ticks; I don't think it's sc4 damage but it's okay. If it combos after 22k, it's tight. I tried a couple times and it didn't work.

2k is it fast
-same as always.

6A,K Knockdown
-no but NC now.

214b/(b) are they good/safe, tc, hit otg
- no stance ~-14 and still - on hit. Forgot to write down 214(b) testing, but I believe it was worse on block. Not sure about TC but less evasive side movement. Hits grounded still.

SE jf B's damage, safeness, does it jail/lock you in RE until the GC hits
- damage is okay. Plus frames on 5th hit guard (it's a guard crush). Yes, beats RE.

1a ch. Does it have a follow up combo
- if you mean the sc4 one where she lays her whip on the ground around her, I haven't found that move yet.

Is ivy lick always the BE version and how is it at RO
-only BE version in SE (SE 8B+K), only regular version outside SE (6B9). BE version is bad at RO, just like SC5.

Sc5 1A+B is it in
-yes

sc4 wp g9b is it in
-no

Wp Fc3b/(b) are they still in?
- FC 3B is the wp version; holding B will make her lay the whip on the ground like 3A+B

Sc4 CL 236B,B[4/6] still in and can you still land far with B4 and close with B6
-similar move with 8a+bb, but no air control possible

Sc4 wp44b,b (delay) does this track tech
- can't delay, but can't tech between the hits

Sc4 Sw 22b ch. Does it launch
- no; not even kd

66k still a safe tc
-sieg k couldn't punish it

Sc4 wp A+B,Bis the Gi still trash, does the B NC and can you charge it to UB
- no b followup outside SC; couldn't get it to GI anything. No charge version, but seems pretty safe.

Does she have good GC's?
- they at least all seem +, which is a step up from SC3.

@350z

SS buffer hold is short. There is a JF version, though I'm not sure what it enhances.

Looking for CS; still haven't found it.

66[K] pressure is not SC3. She's not plus going into stance. Tried SS from SE with no luck.

@Nofacekill3r

2B+K is true mid. Lethal Hits crouchers, but not sure if it gives a different combo.

Old 66a is now bA.

@Nofacekill3r

2B+K is true mid. Lethal Hits crouchers, but not sure if it gives a different combo.

Old 66a is now bA.

Thanks! Maybe you can try to pick them up with 8B+K when it lethal hits? Then combo into 4b7? Glad you were able to confirm my suspicions about the SS buffer hold window. Let me know your impression of how useful it is, and whether or not you feel it "breaks" the character (because of its UB property) like many are saying. I was skeptical - but if anyone can abuse it it's you haha.

@Linkrkc thanks so much for checking all that stuff out, i really appreciate it! You have a good time and hope to hear what your experince was like after your done/get a chance.

Last edited:
LinkRKC, or anyone that is going to access the latest build, can you check out her 6 <B>? Is it as fast as it was in SC2? Is the second hit as unreliable to connect as it was in SC5? Thanks.

Last edited:
Currently known move list dump for your perusal. I’ll get to the additional stuff you guys asked about when I can.

An x denotes it’s the same move as SC5.

1AA: x; can do 2nd hit manually; NCc
2A: SC3 WP 2A
3A/3[A]: x; 3[A] has no CH stun
4A: SC4 WP 4b; +0b; 4[A] goes SE; 4A air hit spins them upward for followups depending on distance; I could launch, 4[A], SE B: B: B: B: B, but not at all ranges
AA: x; 2nd hit always WP version
AK: new; 2nd hit looks like SC4 WP 22K; NCc
6A_(A): x
6AA: can duck last hit
6AK: x; now NC
Jump A: x
214A: x
WS A: SC5 4A; has [A] version as well with farther reach
BT A: SC4 SW 1A; same knock down on NH/CH.
BT 2A: SC4 CL 1A

1B/1(B): SC5 11B
2B: SC5 2A+B; never launches or knocks down
3B: SC3 WP 3B
4B: SC4 WP 6B
4B7: SC4 WP 6bA+B
BB: x; 2nd hit WP version
bA: SC5 66A
6BB/BA: new followups; A followup is high, looks like SC4 WP 44A, never combos; B followup is NC, looks like old WS B
Jump B: SC5 44B series
214B: x
Fc1B: x; still no launch at tip
Fc2B: SC3 WP 2B
Fc3B: WP version only; can hold to lay down; canceling lay down goes SE
WS B: SC5 FC 1(B)B

1K: stomp
2K: x
3K: x LH on full charge
4K: x; no CH stun
K: x
6KB: new high followup that looks like her old 3[B+K] close unblockable; not UB but cancelable; knee is slower, maybe SC4 speed
Jump K: x
WS K: x
FC3K: SC2 FC3K; opponent forced into crouch on block, but it’s unsafe anyway (Sieg WS K punished me)

1A+B: x
2A+B: SC4 WP 44BB
3A+B: x
4A+B: x
A+B: guard break
6A+B: 3 hit SC5 A+BA; all NC
8A+BB_(B): different animation, but essentially the same as SC5

1_2_3B+K: same but no 1B+K; mid; LH duckers; cancelable
4B+K: x
B+K: turns BT and does a move similar to SC5 BT 2B+K; stays BT afterward
6B+K_[B+K]: x
7_8_9B+K: x but no close 7B+K version; now GC
WS B+K: x
BT B+K: SC5 BT 2B+K

SE
AA: similar to 6AA but faster; jails; NC
4A: low sweeping AT
6AA: SC4 SE A,236A; 1st hit UB in SC
B: 5 hit JF
K_[K]: x; hold version stays in stance
8B+K: SC5 6B9 BE
A+B: x
4_5_6B+K: same looking move as 7_8_9B+K outside SE, but does have a close version
6B: SC5 1B BE; 2nd hit comes out on hit only, and knocks down instead of giving stun
4B: SC3 WP 22B GC

A
11_77A: x
44A: x
22_88A: x; unsafe; 66BB doesn’t launch afterward on Lethal Hit
33_66_99A_[A]: SC4 CL 3A; hold version has 2nd hit at range but not close

B
11_44_77B: SC5 3B
22_88B: x except 22(B) goes SE; 22BA, SC5 22B BE; not GC but NC and might be plus on block; I beat Sieg K with BT A; 2nd hit is high
33_66_99BB: SC5 66B BE; can do 2nd hit manually

K
11_44_77K: x
22_88K: x
33_99K: SC5 66K
66K_[K]: SC3 66K; safe w/o stance; 66[k] not +

A+B
11_44_77A+B: x
22_88A+B: SC4 WP A+B auto GI move; followup in SC only
33_66_99A+B: SC4 CL 66BA

B+K
11_44_77B+K: x
22_88B+K: nothing uses this input
33_66_99B+K: SC5 B+K

2_3A+G: low AT; no close (1A+G) version

SC buffs
SE 6A: UB
4A: GC
66KK: additional hit; does shoulder then SC4 WP 44K; hold 2nd K to go into SE
22A+BB: additional hit; does SC4 WP A+B,B; NC, high damage, seems safe
6BB: 2nd B GC and converts to AT on hit for additional damage

Lethal Hits
3[K]: hit
2B+K: crouchers
22A: whiff punish
66[A]: 2nd hit on sidestep; maybe 2nd hit CH in general?

Combos
3B, 6B9
B+K, 6B9
LH 22A, 6KB, 1K or 214(B)
LH 3[K], 6KB, 1K or 214(B)
LH 2B+K, 8B+K, 6B9
LH 3B+K, 9B+K, 4[A], SE B: B: B: B: B or SE 8B+K
FC 1B, G, 4[A], SE 8B+K
WS BB, 6B9

214(B) keeps grounded opponent close now. Useful to force a mixup between SE B series and SE 4A.

Random
SS has JF version; extra damage
SS is GI-able, despite it's "unblockable" designation. GI -> SS is not guaranteed damage.
RE A win, free 1K stomp
RE B win, just mash B for the 7 follow up hits

Last edited:
When someone said she was simple again, I found it utterly disgusting

But now I see she has many options including range, plus SC cool stuff and SE is back so Im glad

The SCVI Ivy reveal trailer already showed us that she played similar to her SCV self, but was a lot better.

@Linkrkc I dont get that move, maybe it'll do better as a BT move? They really didnt want ivy to have a normal 2A.
So 22B doesnt knd unless you do 22BA for the BE version?

Last edited:
Wow, just saw the video of LinkRKC playing Ivy

First of all, congrats Link you are the best

Second of all, I can easily say that SC6 Ivy has the most beautiful gameplay in years and now she is finally a true range character, with very good mid, low, vertical and horizontal options at distance

Back