Ivy General Submissions for Discussion

3(A) has different properties at close and far range. At close its -12 on block and 0 on hit, at tip its safe on block with a decent pushback and +on hit
I tested it and your absolutely right.
It looks like it's -10+2 but I can't be 100% because the range makes it really hard to find something that reaches and clanks.

Have you guys ever encountered a situation, where Ivy's CE did a lot more than 80 dmg (about 100)? It happened to me a few times, and I'm not sure what triggers it. Last two times were against a soul charged Nightmare and Tira.

I tried to test that in practice mode (on various counter settings, from the back, during soul charge etc) but could never reproduce that. When it happens, it easy to spot - the first few spinning hits do about 50dmg instead of 30, the rest seems to be the same.

Soul charge does give +10% on all moves but it's still not 100.
And I know what you mean i've seen it happen. But I have no idea.
I do know that super does a whooping 1 damage more if you GI something.

CEs do more damage when you have low health.

3(A) has different properties at close and far range. At close its -12 on block and 0 on hit, at tip its safe on block with a decent pushback and +on hit
Good catch. b6 might be worth checking too, I noticed you get a stun when it lands at tip range.

@Ring its what Carp said. Same thing as sc5 when your health is low it does more damage. Good find on 3[A ] i thought it was just push back but if it + on hit like whyyz said that helps.

It LH on wiffed High attacks so for example if someone wiffs AA you can potienally get the LH there or a string with a interruptable high that wiffs.

Hmmm seems like that would have limited use. AAs cant be stepped and Bs arent generally high. Definitely sounds like good character specific knowledge is required to get the most use of that.

Are those big explosions from Nightmare and Sieg vulnerable to low attacks? I thought I heard that but I haven't tested that so definitely check on that first. If anyone can confirm or deny that, that'd be great.

Mind you, if you are caught out mid-combo by Nightmare's counter explosions...I'm not sure. It seems to be getting even top level players off guard when they over extend their turns and combos.

So Ivy seems to have escaped rather lightly in the balance patch. Phew!
Well I don't think so since Ivy CE now only GI vertical moves and she also loses her tracking of 2a+g that mean you will get a lot of troubles when people stay close to you.
No more get your feet out of here from 2a+g and panic CE solve everything anymore.

What about the input changes? It say something about 3A+G changed, input changed from 2A+G > 4A+G. This bit confuses me, I didn't know we had a 3A+G :/
Well I don't think so since Ivy CE now only GI vertical moves and she also loses her tracking of 2a+g that mean you will get a lot of troubles when people stay close to you.
No more get your feet out of here from 2a+g and panic CE solve everything anymore.

I think we need to wait and see.
I think 2A+G is now 1A+G. The wording about crouched state seems like you recover quicker. I think you may not be able to double down on the attack if it's RE'd but I'll test that. It basically says that if it hits, you deserved it. Tracking is reduced but it also "fixed" an error about missing even when in range.

What I personally got from the wording for the CE is that vertical aGI's affect it. If we're wrong, it's not hard to guess a vertical. The GI timing is sped up though.

I don't know if SE 4A being ukemi'able is a true nerf. It could be an ukemi trap.

66(A) has a safer dead zone

22 or 88 A+B works on kicks, 1AA has an enlarged hitbox, and Darkside/B6/B+G6 is a better anti-air.

Back