Ivy Patch Notes 1.02 & 1.03 Discussion

Probably, but not with Ivy. This isn't SC4 anymore, there's not much left to find about her. In the last game we were finding new things even after 3 years, and it was because of how complex this character was. Kind of like with Viola now.

FC 1B, BT B, 6B8 got fixed because it was not intended. Maybe they noticed that after they saw Link playing, who knows. We should appreciate the fact that in return they have given us a dmg buff on the standard combo.

I don't think her CE is too strong now.
It's true that it is much faster than before, but I think people can still duck on reaction if they pay attention...and the range is still pretty short.

Keep in mind you cannot duck 4-5 frames before the CE cinematic starts... so it's as fast as regular throw now. CE itself is like i21~22 but you cannot duck by i17~18.

i was still doing flick to lick until i saw link's vids adding the extra b. now i got used to lazy man's version, it's a lot harder to move back. i did notice that when you accidently hit the b anyways (damned muscle memory) your opponent gets excited and stands right up into CS. i also noticed that the tracking on B+K is different. i'm whiffing at least 1 hit on a standing blocking opponent now.

I don't think her CE is too strong now.
It's true that it is much faster than before, but I think people can still duck on reaction if they pay attention...and the range is still pretty short.

Synraii and I already tried: No, you can't duck it on reaction. It is impossible to react to it. That's why I think it 'might' be too strong now, since it's a guessing game against Ivy at closerange.

well, it cannot be a combo starter or combo ender, so I guess that would be the reason why Namco makes it better. You kind of have to use it out there, rather than following up right after a launcher for a guaranteed damage.

well, it cannot be a combo starter or combo ender, so I guess that would be the reason why Namco makes it better. You kind of have to use it out there, rather than following up right after a launcher for a guaranteed damage.
With that said, however, do we know of any safe moves that we can mix up a CE into...?

I'm using it after A+B and 66 /A/ although there is a noticeable "cooldown" period after performing that move...I'm gonna try it after a blocked 6AK and see where that leads.

I'm using it after A+B and 66 /A/ although there is a noticeable "cooldown" period after performing that move...I'm gonna try it after a blocked 6AK and see where that leads.
Hmmm... Might try that later... Need to experiment with this... I almost feel like this will be harder to implement than CS, which is beginning to feel easier after the patch, but again, it might just be some kind of placebo and I'm just getting better at it, nothing to do with the patch... LOL! =P

My inputs for that combo : FC 1B, 2G36B8

Started doing this in Sc4 and never looked back. I always used to input the G to fast back then. I was messing around one day trying stuff out and did this but with CL4B and got it to land a coulpe of times after that i just stuck with it for WR B 68B. The main thing i liked about links combo was that it kept you from waisting meter since the 6b8 BE was ganrunteed. (By the way Links variation is still in the game you have to use FC2B as they fall over the other side, but asap then do 6B8 from the FC its 84 damage regual and 95 iirc on Clean. Though you might as well focous on learning the FC1B 6B8 since it just as hard to time the FC2b.)

I had a ton of people ducking my CE just a couple frames before it would've hit them. I'm not sure, but it seems like the amount of unduckable frames was decreased. It would look like their character was standing when it zoomed in on Ivy, then all the sudden she is whiffing the grab to a ducking opponent. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I had the same expierence a couple of times against a friend of mine, too. Not sure if it's just my imagination, but it looked like he was standing until Ivy got zoomed in, but the grab somehow whiffed.

The reason they buffed CE was mostly because it was such an unattractive option compared to CS. I don't think it's overpowered now at all. It's just a viable use of meter now.

Keep in mind that the best way to think about how good the move is is to compare it to the best alternative without using meter. In the case of CE, the alternative without meter was CS. The damage per meter over landing a CS was not great. most Ivy players would exclusively use meter to do various BE moves.

The upgraded CE actually has a role in Ivy's arsenal. You'll probably still find Ivys generally throwing out BE moves, but at least you won't feel like you did something wrong for wasting meter on CE.

That may be somewhat true because before the patch I NEVER used the CE because it was terrible. I find myself trying to find different ways of building meter now so I can have the CE and enough for some 1B BE action.

Exactly it was borderline useless before the patch now it actually has a place in Ivys game. I personally feel that if iCS was easier most of you wouldn't even look at CE as being too good and as for it being to powerful it really isn't considering how alot of the other CE's in this game work its actually one of the more balance ones in the game(IMO).

bK is the new ender to a lot of her combos if you want the ouki. It does nearly the same, if not the same damage as B+K ender:

1A+B - bK = 1A+B - B+K
CH 4K - bK < (by 1-2 damage) CH 4K - B+K

what wrong with 8A+B {B} ender?
doesn't it do more damage in 1A+B and CH 4k then bK and B+K? o.O

I just downloaded the patch. Random observations:

- After FC 1B, any move from BT launches the opponent much lower so the air throw never connects
- FC 1B, G, 6B8 does 78 dmg now. 6B8 BE still 89
- 6B8K on standing opponent still 40dmg! No buff here
- 6(B)2_8 still whiffs a lot. Not really seeing any change here
- 6AK doesn't KND on CH but the second hit can be delayed a lot
- 44A is not stepable at all, unless at close range
- 1B BE, 6KB still whiffs completely on some characters when 1B BE was done from the side or back. The CH effect of 1B BE is gone. The combo does 68 dmg now
- 66[A] is AT LEAST +10 on hit now! Also has pushback on the second hit and cannot be interrupted. Super nice!
- 22_88A - safe, spin stun on NH with big advantage
- 44A+B nerfed completely, you can only use normal version or full charged UB
- CE seems very fast O.o
- 3[A] has a CH stun, but there seems to be some strange effects that makes any fast attack whiff (2A, BB, 6K etc) even though opponent seems to be still "standing" during the stun. 8A+B,(B) connects for 52dmg.
- Normal CS has clean hit B like iCS pre-patch
- SS does have improved Clean Hit rate but still it doesn't happen very often
- 7_8_9B+K launches on NH. Combos into 6B8 for 61dmg or 6B8 BE for 69 dmg.

Overall it seems like a minor buff but I still appreciate the changes.

66[A], 3[A], 22_88[A] and 44[A] seem to be good now. Her step killing game was really lacking, now it's much better. Throws/CE fixed. Slightly more damage in combos. That's good.

One thing that worries me is that now that 6B8 does more damage, there is only 10dmg difference between 6B8 and 6B8 BE in combos.

66 [A] can be interrupted by Pyraa stab. The opponent has to react fairly quick though when the first part of 66 A hits. But most likely they will just block both hits since the move is punishable by stab anyway. Just wanted to point out it can be interrupted not sure if it can by other characters will have to test it out.

Back