Ivy WP > SW

Do it from neutral at first. There's a sorta weird timing to it. It's not at the same time, and it's also not a real fast JF slide. If you're trying to do it like Mitsu's k:B, Yoshi's punch, or Setsuka's JF umbrella, it won't work. At least, it doesn't for me. It needs to be slower, with more space between the K and the B.

See if that helps at all.

The way it works for me is 8~kB. I don't press 8K at the same time, I press 8 and then quickly kB. I think this is the easiest method on pad.

Yeah unfortunately I am unable to do this. I have tried every timing combination that I see as possible and I either do her K, 8K, switch into coil, or B if I try it right after 22B for example. :(

Also does pad = the sixaxis controller?

To punish someone, it is possible to hold 8 while in blockstun to avoid loosing frames, but u still have to wait until the blockstun to finish.

EDIT: Okay, I was getting results on Asta's 6K as previously I was relying on wait. It cannot be becos I have got lightning fast timing, but it seems possible to buffer kB. The trick is to hold 8 as early as possible in the blockstun, so u can buffer the kB. So if the smaller the blockstun, the harder it is to punish.

The above are possible, tho doing it out of disadvantage is the hardest so far.

are you freaking serious?!
the lick out of coil and whip?!
sooo wrong!!
this is the day I've been waiting for,
thanks for bringing this up davo and kudos to Eli for figuring it out AND sharing
XD

Someone noticed that there is no blue or red light during the 8kB transition stance.
So I tested something and it seems that Ivy now have a true deadly CS/SS option.

With no light, there is no way to determine if you're doing CL 8kB or CL [A] 8kB
So, the mix up is when you punish something with CL 8kB:
CL 8kB SW CS
or
CL [A] 8kB WP SS

Can't do it consistently right now but I think this can be powerfull.

8B+KK out of CL and WP! Solved by Eli... :D

8B+K out of CL and WP is done by 8~kB from neutral. (credits to Eli for solving the case)

Check out his vids:

8B+K

Combos
Normal Hit-Whip
1)WP 22B, 8B+K = 48 Damage
2)WP 66A+B, 8B+K = 73 Damage
3)WP 1B, 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 60 Damage
4)WP 44A, 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 58 Damage
5)WP 44A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 63 Damage-reminds me of SC2 Ivy
6)WP 3A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 37 Damage
7)WP 44B+K B [A], 8B+K = 42 Damage

Counter Hit-Whip
1)CH WP 3B+K [A], 8B+K = 57 Damage-reminds me of SC3 Ivy
2)CH WP 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 45 Damage
3)CH WP 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 39 Damage
4)CH WP FC 3, A+B, 8B+K = 55 Damage

Normal Hit-Coil
1)CL 44BB, 8B+K = 53 Damage
Counter Hit-Coil
2)CH CL 1A [A], 8B+K = 54 Damage
Both Stances
3)BT WP/CL A+B [A], 8B+K =54 Damage

Application
Opponent does not tech
1)CH WP 6AA [A], 1B+K, 8B+K = 64 Damage

Opponents attacking after hit by 8B+K
2)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH 3A, CL 236 BB = 45 Damage
3)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH g9B, 66A+B =69 Damage

I think these videos are fake.. i'de like listen malek about this

U think these vids r fake. with all these vids camcordered and replayed over and over again, u still call it fake? And dont inject ppl's names into false statements.

It does not compute. Unless i missed the sarcasm there.

8B+KK out of CL and WP! Solved by Eli... :D

I think these videos are fake.. i'de like listen malek about this

Malek say it's not fake.
All technical post in Ivy's forum are made by Ivy players for Ivy players.
We all have the same goal: to win with Ivy. No need to ask one player, rather than the others.
Thanks againt to Eli for this.

Who are you by the way ? Do we know each other ?

LOL malek. The messiah has spoken!! XD

Try holding guard, then time 8K.B. You can hold 8 in a blockstun. There is a slight pause between K and B.

Can someone define neutral for me exactly? Is it when the character isn't doing anything or when it is in those recovery frames from a move. I mean, why specify the neutral part specifically, don't we do all moves from neutral?

moves can be "buffered" in the recovery frames of many animations. This is how we often hide iCS/SS. We perform the motions during the recovery frames of an attack or movement and hit the final part just as it finishes. Stating neutral can also suggest to pause or let the stick/pad rest at "5" before continuing.

neutral is when nothing is happening. no animations period, but can loosely also suggest doing a move while in basic movement such as 8wayrun and stepping as well.

Back