Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

It's the hair. It must be the hair.

I like short hair Siegfried though, makes him look more mature, while still being energetic and youthful. His hair now just makes his head look bigger than it actually is.

I mean i dig the gel look...kind of. I just think it's a bit too long now and gives the illusion of a bigger head. If he's gonna have long hair let it flow freely in the wind, not slicked back and confined.

I like short hair Siegfried though, makes him look more mature, while still being energetic and youthful. His hair now just makes his head look bigger than it actually is.

I mean i dig the gel look...kind of. I just think it's a bit too long now and gives the illusion of a bigger head. If he's gonna have long hair let it flow freely in the wind, not slicked back and confined.
I don't think Short hair makes an individual "more mature". It just makes them less regal than the long hair does, especially in Siegfried's case.

I don't think Short hair makes an individual "more mature". It just makes them less regal than the long hair does, especially in Siegfried's case.

I dont mean people in general. I mean the short wild untidy look just looks really good on Siegfried. Like you said in Siegfried's case he looks less regal, less dramatic. I think shorter hair matches his Old Paladin look better.

One thing I love how no one ever brings up is an intentionally incorrect translation Bamco and even fans that can read both English and Japanese always agree on proliferating: "evil seed." The actual literal translation is "evil sperm." The term has been thrown out since at least SCII and continues being mentioned in this artbook that everyone has apparently lost interest in.

...And now I gave myself a new, terrible thought. If Soul Edge can jizz all over the planet, what happens when Soul Calibur gets PMS? Or gets knocked up?

...Come to think of it, this sounds vaguely similar to the Darkness/Angelus/Witchblade dealie. So where's the chick wielding a hybrid pure chaos/pure order weapon that makes most female comic book characters look like they're poorly-endowed?

One thing I love how no one ever brings up is an intentionally incorrect translation Bamco and even fans that can read both English and Japanese always agree on proliferating: "evil seed." The actual literal translation is "evil sperm." The term has been thrown out since at least SCII and continues being mentioned in this artbook that everyone has apparently lost interest in.

...And now I gave myself a new, terrible thought. If Soul Edge can jizz all over the planet, what happens when Soul Calibur gets PMS? Or gets knocked up?

...Come to think of it, this sounds vaguely similar to the Darkness/Angelus/Witchblade dealie. So where's the chick wielding a hybrid pure chaos/pure order weapon that makes most female comic book characters look like they're poorly-endowed?

I pray to the God I believe in that you are joking.

--Forgon

Nope >:D

Anyone with even an pre-elementary knowledge of katakana like mine can confirm it(スパーム). Also in the occasional interviews it's mentioned, "supaaamu". Hmm...but then again that sounds kind of like "spam." Nonetheless, I wasn't joking about that translation. I just find it vaguely amusing and finally gave up finding an excuse to share it so I just went ahead with it.

Why didn't they just call it "Something of Light", because "Light" was what it was?

It is pretty clever, considering that in the 16th and 17th century, the word seed was commonly used to refer to sperm (look at the King James Bible). It is kind of a weird thing to work into a fantasy game about swords in the first place though.

No problem, STIATG.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing else about Night Terror outside that short bio blurb. He's not referenced in any of the charts, at the very least.

I'll see what I can get about our resident ancient badass king.

Dear Tuzark_merlire, thank you so much for your effort translating all the scans Sectus provided (I appreciate your work as well Sectus), before you guys retire from these duties, lol I'd like to know please, if there are any artworks, images or information regarding:
  1. Mitsurugi's younger brother (mentioned in his SC5 profile);
  2. Arthur/his daughter (I want to explore the possibility of Natsu's being actually Arthur's daughter, since by the time of SC3 he had an infant daughter with his late wife which was Japanese, and Natsu clearly is of mixed ethnicities, since she could never, naturally inherited, her father's blond hair, I would say her's is a side effect of the demon within her);
  3. Johan Durer;
  4. Salia;
  5. Gel-o-Fury;
  6. Gisele;
  7. Li Long's son;
  8. Necrid;
  9. Shura;
  10. Kamikirimusi;
  11. Scheherazade;
  12. Bangoo;
  13. Olcadan;
  14. Talim;
  15. Edge Master;
  16. Voldo;
  17. Seong Han Myeong;
  18. Zasalamel;
  19. Astaroth;
  20. Elysium;
  21. Lucius Alexander/Alexandra;
  22. Margaret (Siegfried's mother);
  23. Hilde's father;
  24. Arcturus.
I'm so sorry, if any of these have already been mentioned but I didn't went through the whole thread to check, sorry! Such wonderful background stories, artwork and potential characters that never made to the actual game, such a pity! For once, by reading some of the translations that Tuzark_merlire provided, and by watching the scans, Sectus provided, I remembered how Soul Edge, Soul Calibur 2 and Soul Calibur 3 were very special to me... I really hoped with a new director, SC5 would finally bring the franchise to its former glory days, guess it didn't happen... I blame Namco for giving Harada's freedom, time and the budget he needs to keep Tekken on the top while the soul calibur gets nothing but the leftovers...

Dear Tuzark_merlire, thank you so much for your effort translating all the scans Sectus provided (I appreciate your work as well Sectus), before you guys retire from these duties, lol I'd like to know please, if there are any artworks, images or information regarding:
  1. Mitsurugi's younger brother (mentioned in his SC5 profile);
  2. Arthur/his daughter (I want to explore the possibility of Natsu's being actually Arthur's daughter, since by the time of SC3 he had an infant daughter with his late wife which was Japanese, and Natsu clearly is of mixed ethnicities, since she could never, naturally inherited, her father's blond hair, I would say her's is a side effect of the demon within her);
  3. Johan Durer;
  4. Salia;
  5. Gel-o-Fury;
  6. Gisele;
  7. Li Long's son;
  8. Necrid;
  9. Shura;
  10. Kamikirimusi;
  11. Scheherazade;
  12. Bangoo;
  13. Olcadan;
  14. Talim;
  15. Edge Master;
  16. Voldo;
  17. Seong Han Myeong;
  18. Zasalamel;
  19. Astaroth;
  20. Elysium;
  21. Lucius Alexander/Alexandra;
  22. Margaret (Siegfried's mother);
  23. Hilde's father;
  24. Arcturus.
I'm so sorry, if any of these have already been mentioned but I didn't went through the whole thread to check, sorry! Such wonderful background stories, artwork and potential characters that never made to the actual game, such a pity! For once, by reading some of the translations that Tuzark_merlire provided, and by watching the scans, Sectus provided, I remembered how Soul Edge, Soul Calibur 2 and Soul Calibur 3 were very special to me... I really hoped with a new director, SC5 would finally bring the franchise to its former glory days, guess it didn't happen... I blame Namco for giving Harada's freedom, time and the budget he needs to keep Tekken on the top while the soul calibur gets nothing but the leftovers...

I have understand Talim and Zasalamel not are mentioned in the story book

Long list.

A few of these items have already been translated and discussed previously in this thread. Tuzark posts translations when he can, but let us not forget that he's doing us a favor that is completely optional, so maybe you should choose a three or fewer things that you really want to know about that haven't already been posted about. Not trying to be rude, but just remember that Tuzark is a person with a life outside of providing bonus information for other fans to enjoy.

A few of these items have already been translated and discussed previously in this thread. Tuzark posts translations when he can, but let us not forget that he's doing us a favor that is completely optional, so maybe you should choose a three or fewer things that you really want to know about that haven't already been posted about. Not trying to be rude, but just remember that Tuzark is a person with a life outside of providing bonus information for other fans to enjoy.

Yeah, I guess you're right, in that case I sacrifice my whole curiosity and wish to know about:

1. Arthur/his daughter (I want to explore the possibility of Natsu's being actually Arthur's daughter, since by the time of SC3 he had an infant daughter with his late wife which was Japanese, and Natsu clearly is of mixed ethnicities, since she could never, naturally inherited, her father's blond hair, I would say her's is a side effect of the demon within her);
  2. Johan Durer;
  3. Gel-o-Fury;
  4. Li Long's son;
  5. Necrid;
  6. Bangoo;
  7. Olcadan;
  8. Seong Han Myeong;
Is this too much?! OmG! Help me guys I'm SC info addicted! I'm so sorry Tuzark 8´-(

I believe that Gel-o-Fury and Li Long's son have already been brought up, a few pages back in this thread. Possibly Necrid as well. I seem to remember reading something about Natsu's adoption circumstances, too.

I believe that Gel-o-Fury and Li Long's son have already been brought up, a few pages back in this thread. Possibly Necrid as well. I seem to remember reading something about Natsu's adoption circumstances, too.

The only thing I saw about Li Long's son is that he has a name, so which name is that?! I don't recall anything regarding Gel-o-Fury, about Necrid... I don't think so either and the only thing said about Natsu's is that she was adopted by Chie, and Taki was the one to take her to the Fu-Ma village because she felt guilty for letting the demon that is harbored within Natsu, escape. Other than this, like, who the biological parents are or were, was not mention I believe. I'm almost sure Natsu's Arthur daughter!

The only thing I saw about Li Long's son is that he has a name, so which name is that?! I don't recall anything regarding Gel-o-Fury, about Necrid... I don't think so either and the only thing said about Natsu's is that she was adopted by Chie, and Taki was the one to take her to the Fu-Ma village because she felt guilty for letting the demon that is harbored within Natsu, escape. Other than this, like, who the biological parents are or were, was not mention I believe. I'm almost sure Natsu's Arthur daughter!
Natsu is 17. Arthur's daughter was born during the SoulCalibur timeline, thus making her either 20 or 21.

Back