Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

• Japanese!

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • English!

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Neither, I play with volume muted

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I normally play fighting games with the English VO but for some reason I enjoyed using the Japanese voices in SCIV. I really think that a lot of fighting games need to add in the option that allows you have certain characters with the Japanese voices while others stick with the English.

Aww, I thought it was cute :) It's the "Ah! This will be easy!" one that grates on my nerves >.> (CE: "I can feel it!" Srsly, who says that?!?)
LOL!
"I can feel iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!"
Oh damn, I keep forgetting how hillarious the custom character lines are........

I absolutely love all of the English voices and their lines, even if some of them like Leixia is a bit too sugary sweet i love her JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!

Really they all have memorable quotes, i'm really loving Viola's "Time for bed" And when Raphael gets a clean hit on his 236B he yells "AMY!". I've grown really fond of all their voices. Even Ivy's rather manish one.

Enlglish currently. But I'm thinking about switching to Japanese simply because some of the lines are so cheesy and poorly acted that it's starting to annoy me.

Edit: I can't fairly say poorly acted. The lines are done as well as they can be considering how cheesy and stupid they are.

English this time 'round, I went with Japanese in 4 because the mouth syncing in the cut-scenes was really putting me off but I was actually pleasantly suprised they changed this for 5.

I use the Japanese voices in Soul Calibur games because the original Soul Calibur didn't have vocalizations in anything but Japanese so it's just what I grew used to in this series.

Who in their right mind would play this game in English?

Pyrrha: HHHHhuhuhuhhhhhhhggghghgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!
Patroklos: FEAR MY SKILLZZ!!!
Pyrrha: I dun wanna DIE!!
Patroklos: FOR JUSTICE!!!!

Ughh...

Who in their right mind would play this game in English?

Pyrrha: HHHHhuhuhuhhhhhhhggghghgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!
Patroklos: FEAR MY SKILLZZ!!!
Pyrrha: I dun wanna DIE!!
Patroklos: FOR JUSTICE!!!!

Ughh...
Lol I dono why. I only watch anime and play most Japanese games in Japanese. I can't really give you an answer why I play Soul Calibur in English.

Japanese, Because I have enough experience to know the difference between good and bad CV's be it Japanese or English.

English. However the thought just came to mind how radically different Ezio will sound in Japanese. Then again I thought Japanese Vader was really boring. For a while I used Japanese in the older games but switched back after hearing Japanese Cassandra for too long. Japanese Yun-Seong was bad ass however.

Bam I have now muted the voice volume, after watching Black rock shooter I have found out that fights are much cooler without the talking, I still keep the effect volume up though.

Back