Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

Japanese or English VO - Which did you stick with?

• Japanese!

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • English!

Votes: 51 62.2%
  • Neither, I play with volume muted

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
:sc2lnk1:=:sc5sig1: (Japanese)
:sc5ezi1:=:sc5sig1:= Sonic the Hedgehog (English)
Nah trust me he sounds like Chris Redfield. I can never get that damn voice out of my head now...
Go to 1:33
After hearing his voice for the entire game, you sorta realize that every character he voices sounds like Chris Redfield.
Well except Ezio and Sonic (Yea I think Sonic sounds different)

Also, he tends to sound muffled.

Why are you ignoring my question T_T Checked all menues, theres no option at all to swap the audio for japanese. Id looove to.

In which theres no option to change the sound. Not for me.

Nvm. In all option windows the option to change is simply gone, but outside of the game its suddenly there. Weird stuff. Anyway, glad I found it. Now lets see how stuff sounds, lol.

i switched to japanese to test how it sounds until i noticed the character's mouths don't move with the dialogue. it was worse than an old english dubbed asian kung-fu movie.

When making my CASes I experimented using English and JP voices. I preferred English for some parts (like say, Veteran Knight)

I've always used the Japanese voices in the Soul Calibur games - to tell the truth, I haven't even tried listening to the English voices, ha ha. It does bother me a little that the lip synch is made for the English dub and is thus off, but on the other hand it's not like the game focuses that much on the characters' speaking faces outside the story mode.

well, it kind of does. if you see the facial expressions during gameplay there's actual emotion on the characters as they do moves.
Hopefully obviously I meant that they don't focuse on the characters' faces enough for it to bother me. And it's not like I stare at the characters' faces when I play, anyway.

Hopefully obviously I meant that they don't focuse on the characters' faces enough for it to bother me. And it's not like I stare at the characters' faces when I play, anyway.
i get what you mean. but ever since i saw this guy's avatar of Leixia with a cute/pouty/angry face i've been trying to keep an eye out for that.

I choose always japanese. The first SC I ever played was the japan release of SC 2 for gamecube, so for me, SC speeks japanese.

Japanese because I watch lot of anime and sounds quite better than english dub, which voices sound totally unfitting for the characters.

Fun thing is that I heard japanese voices, but subtitles are in spanish based on english lines. And...well, I know enough japanese to know that what they are saying is not at all what appears in the screen.

I stick with English. Yeah, the voices in this game annoy me (*stares at Leixia*) but I can't stand Japanese voices at all. So yeah... ^^;

Japanese because I watch lot of anime and sounds quite better than english dub, which voices sound totally unfitting for the characters.

Fun thing is that I heard japanese voices, but subtitles are in spanish based on english lines. And...well, I know enough japanese to know that what they are saying is not at all what appears in the screen.

Yeah, I was going to say, the scripts for the introduction/win quotes are definitely different. The meanings are generally along the same lines but there are nuances which aren't represented.

As for me, I find Leixia's English voice hilarious and I've always preferred Yoshimitsu in English but Mitsurugi (my main) sounds terrible so I'm sticking with the Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom