[Jul 6, 2012] Evolution 2012 (Las Vegas, NV)

For those showing up early for EVO. The local scene will be doing practices as well as a local tournament on the 30th. Contact me or Soraky. We do all EVO related games.

We have both Gemini Arcade and IGL.

Competitor pass "SOLD OUT", administratior email link doesn't work... Is it too late to somehow register to compete at EVO?

mrwizard@shoryuken.com

That registration form is so poorly programmed, they cant even get mailto: links correct. You cant even log in to see your registration, nor are you emailed a registration confirmation.

$70 just to walk in the door is a rip-off to me anyways. I'm paying $70 to walk in, $10 to play. The double-dipping in these "majors" is starting to upset me in the first place. The price of these majors keep ramping up year after year; which I get... more people means bigger venues, which mean more $$.

However, year after year, they are getting more and more sponsors; the additional sponsors should alleviate the extra costs. Instead, they are getting more sponsors AND charging players more. Then they have the balls to put the event on one of the most expensive weekends of the year. People shouldn't have to save up year round just to make it to one event.

Free alcoholic drinks are exactly what fighting game players need at a tournament, where they rely on fast reaction and precise hand movement.

An explanation was given on Shoryuken as to why the organizers couldn't hold it on a better weekend, but I can't remember what it was.

mrwizard@shoryuken.com

That registration form is so poorly programmed, they cant even get mailto: links correct. You cant even log in to see your registration, nor are you emailed a registration confirmation.

$70 just to walk in the door is a rip-off to me anyways. I'm paying $70 to walk in, $10 to play. The double-dipping in these "majors" is starting to upset me in the first place. The price of these majors keep ramping up year after year; which I get... more people means bigger venues, which mean more $$.

However, year after year, they are getting more and more sponsors; the additional sponsors should alleviate the extra costs. Instead, they are getting more sponsors AND charging players more. Then they have the balls to put the event on one of the most expensive weekends of the year. People shouldn't have to save up year round just to make it to one event.

I got my email confirmation no problem.

For those showing up early for EVO. The local scene will be doing practices as well as a local tournament on the 30th. Contact me or Soraky. We do all EVO related games.

We have both Gemini Arcade and IGL.
I will actually be arriving on Las Vegas that day, but at night, so I don't know if I would be able to make it.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys -- can I get in on after hours casuals?

EDIT: Or, you know, just generally hanging out? Haha

Back