Just Attacks

Plinking doesn't exactly have the same mechanic here as SF but the motion is the same. The general idea is to hit two buttons in a very short window in either game.

If you look at the SF tutes on basics to plinking they will generally apply to Soul Calibur. Beware, though, some JF require you to release the first button before pressing the next one. In those instances, the general SF method of plinking won't quite work. Yoshimitsu's ear slicer is a great example - you have to release A during the a:B+K.

how does plinking work exactly

Plinking works in SF4 because of the way its command interpreter handles certain inputs. If you hit, say, MP~LP, you could get MP, LP+MP on two adjacent frames (i.e., frame 1 is MP, frame 2 is LP+MP). But only the strongest input counts (if you push LP+MP from neutral, you'll get a MP), so basically you would get two adjacent MP inputs. If you had a 1f MP, MP link, plinking essentially makes the window 2f by giving you two chances to hit it.

It's not really applicable to Soul Calibur as such. It's just hitting two buttons really fast. It especially won't work if a move requires a 1f shift, because you end up holding the first button (to get the second A+B input).

Check out how plinking works on JF inputs. It's pretty much the same if you replace LP and MP with A and iMCF. The motion is the same and the general concept is roughly the same. The goal is to get the priority move (iMCF) out before A comes out.

In certain circumstances you have to release the first input, but not all. You'll have to experiment to find out if the move you want to do is holdable or not. For the record, ear slicer isn't.

I've been wearing a bandaid on my index finger to help w/ the "pain" lol. The JF twister, once you figure out the aB plink, is *really* easy to 100%. The other JFs are much harder since the timing is just rhythm based.

Are you playing with a stick or a pad? I'm using pad.

JF Twisters are still the bane of my existence, can't get them to come out other than random "oh it happened that time but I didn't expect it to" types of situations. agB, either. All the other timing based ones I've pretty much gotten down now.

Are you playing with a stick or a pad? I'm using pad.

JF Twisters are still the bane of my existence, can't get them to come out other than random "oh it happened that time but I didn't expect it to" types of situations. agB, either. All the other timing based ones I've pretty much gotten down now.

I play on a stick. I assigned B right under A, and I just slide my finger down as fast as possible. If you go into training and practice just sliding the aB, the command will come out as unheld (white) AB in succession. If you get a held button at all, you aren't doing it fast enough. I gave up on JF agB, mostly because I don't see much use for the move in the first place..

I play on a stick. I assigned B right under A, and I just slide my finger down as fast as possible. If you go into training and practice just sliding the aB, the command will come out as unheld (white) AB in succession. If you get a held button at all, you aren't doing it fast enough. I gave up on JF agB, mostly because I don't see much use for the move in the first place..

i assume that if both are white and a normal still comes out then its too slow?

How do you do the just attack air stab i see the computer doing it but i cant figure it out help please i got all the other move except that one...

How do you do the just attack air stab i see the computer doing it but i cant figure it out help please i got all the other move except that one...

What does the move actually look like?

I'm assuming you are talking about the launcher. a:G:b. I think you have to press g and b within 1 frame, but they have to be separate inputs and you can't be depressing a button down. That and JF Twister seem to be the killers for a lot of the people here.

thank you i did get the move
just to pass a move on that i have found helpful is the up a+b a attack and to add to the after the stun you are actually backwards so you can follow with the b+k b(just) this give you a quick attack that is unexpected at the start and then put the opponent in the air to add an extra combo and then when they hit the ground follow with the a+b. combo to synch one more combo to get them to about half life about 7 sec in the match

^
That looks to be character specific unless I am hallucinating. Tested out on Xiba worked.

Tested out on Tira, Astaroth, Natsu, Nightmare, Ralph, Pyrrha didn't work.

Also the initial hit into stun is high which most people will probably be blocking. If I ever get into that scenario against Xiba or whoever else it works on, I guess it couldn't hurt to possess the knowledge at the least.

Hey what's up guys. I would like to first introduce myself. I am relatively new to 8 way run. I've been strong casual SC player and on a recent forum poster, mostly on SRK. I game usually with the Olympia Fightclub in Lacey, WA USA.

Anyways, I have been testing α Pat's Just Frames moves. Specifically looking for frame information and here is what I have found.

All testing is not 100% accurate. I am using a Hori Command Stick PS (Red) and a HDE PS2 to XBOX 360 Adapter which has input lag but my success rate for programmed Just Frame attacks is at least 75%.

[1A;A;A]- The JF input window is 2 frames. 1st JF input from 21~22 frames the 2nd JF input is on 44~45 frames. (20 frames of delay for both JF's).

*Tips: The reason why I kept missing the last hit was because the animation for the 3rd hit looks faster than the 2nd so your body tends to rush the 3rd input when its really the exact same timing.

[FC 3B;B]- The JF input window is 3 to 4 frames. BE JF input window is 5 frames. 1st JF input is on 13~16 frames.

[B.Turn B+K;B]- The JF input window is 3 to 4 frames.

[1B;B]- The JF input window is 2 frames. JF input is on 16~17 frames. You have 37~60 frames after [1B;B] to extend this combo with another [1B;B] and into FC 3B;B;BE 8A+B B FC 3A;B Nothing is guranteed after the 60 frames.

*Tips: You can tell the second [1 B;B] fully combos because the opponent will be in the Face Up Feet Towards and not the Face Down Feet Away poisiton.

[FC 3A:B]- The JF input window is 1 frame. There can be no additional inputs with the B input not even a neutral input. Best to use the finger slide method. You have 52 frames after the first [FC 3A:B] to input another [FC 3A:B]. It becomes an Ukemi Trap after 60 frames.

*Interesting Info: With the computer on Just Guard after knockdown the AI could not JG or GI for 30 frames after the Ukemi; tested after frame 60. However, they could still block it.

THIS IS UP FOR DEBATE/TESTING!

BOUNUS ROUND: Comboing two [FC 3A;B] after [214 B+G] throw. You have to wait 120~127 frames til you can input [FC 3A:B] and then 52~60 frames for the second [FC 3A;B]. As soon as you see α Pat pull the sword out of the opponents face you can buffer in the [FC 3A:B].

That should cover all his JF moves and shed a mathematical light on t α Pat. As you can see [FC 3B;B] and [B.Turn B+K;B] have really the longest input windows. [FC 3A:B] has the shortest input window but with the finger slide method makes this move much more viable. [1A;A;A] and [1B;B] are 2 frame input windows but the timing for the JF is very awkward [1B;B] being the faster and easier from my experiences.

EDIT:
[A;G;B]- This JF input window is 4 frames. You have up to 9 frames to Guard cancel A in order to get a normal [A;G;B]. To get the JF version you will need to complete all inputs in 4 frames. So you can Guard cancel A in 2 frames G in 1 and B on the last frame, it can also be done in 1, 2, 1 and so on. There have been some instances where doing it in 5 frames fulfills the requirements but it wasn't successful 100% of the time.

*Tips: I use my thumb/index finger to do a downward swipe across A;G and then I use my middle/index finger to tap B. If you want to follow up with another [A;B;G] then you have 67~68 frames after the first [A;G;B]. You can tell that you followed up correctly because the opponent cannot air control after it, thus you can go for 2A BE 8 A+B B.

Nice post :)

No idea how you tested, but what is missing is aG:B JF, that is quite a pain in the ass imo.

What is the point of this move? Low range, slow, and highly punishable. I have been using 2361B instead; same combo ender, same damage for less risk and less room for error.

Nice post :)

No idea how you tested, but what is missing is aG:B JF, that is quite a pain in the ass imo.

A Hori Command Stick is a PS 1 progammable stick. That is how I tested it. I did not know aG:B is a just frame move. I will test it and add it to my post ASAP. Tested on a PS3 hooked up to a CRT TV.

What is the point of this move? Low range, slow, and highly punishable. I have been using 2361B instead; same combo ender, same damage for less risk and less room for error.

I dont know what you mean, you cant compare 11B to aGB. Too completely different Moves. aGB is used as a whiff punisher on close range, 120 DMG is the point of this move. Also it has a TC, so you can evade Throws and Highswith this.

11B again, or as you input it 2361B, is completely different. Way to slow to whiffpunish anything...and more used as a pressure tool on Wakeup, since it hits grounded. Also 11B is slower than aGB...aGB is i24, 11B is i28.

I dont know what you mean, you cant compare 11B to aGB. Too completely different Moves. aGB is used as a whiff punisher on close range, 120 DMG is the point of this move. Also it has a TC, so you can evade Throws and Highswith this.

11B again, or as you input it 2361B, is completely different. Way to slow to whiffpunish anything...and more used as a pressure tool on Wakeup, since it hits grounded. Also 11B is slower than aGB...aGB is i24, 11B is i28.

Thanks for the info. I was never able to get aGB down so I never bothered to learn it's properties at all. It really is a great pressure tool though, and leads to a lot of resets.

Thanks for the info. I was never able to get aGB down so I never bothered to learn it's properties at all. It really is a great pressure tool though, and leads to a lot of resets.

11B used to be even better in previous games, now its -8 on Block, used to be more like -3, -4....but give ag:b a try as a whiff punisher on close range...you could also just do the easy combo, agB into aB Slide...

Its not mandatory to use this move, but the TC really helps sometimes....you can still play a nice aPAT without this move imo.

I just editing my post to include information about JF A;G;B. If I have missed anything else feel free to reach me by PM, email, facebook, or smoke signal. If there is enough interest I can gladly make a video explaining how to execute these moves.

Back