Just Attacks

I've been trying to learn APats jf's for a few days now and just can't do any, yeah. I Know that's bad.
I really wanted to use this character, I've floated between several characters in the game trying to find someone I'd like to use and I thought I liked APats until I tried learning his JFs.
I've tried listening to mynameis_e's sound cloud and watching cheese's videos but still nope.
Any other ideas? Or should I just leave APats to you crazy people who can do these JFs

Im surprise I can use alpha (on pad).....but eh anyone know how to perform his ag:B JF? thats like the only one I dunno how to do.....But i can do the rest well especially offline, but online is a different story.......

For the B what i do is to set either B or A+B to one of the shoulder buttons, then do a quick ag slide before pressing that shoulder button. Works fine for me most of the time.

For the B what i do is to set either B or A+B to one of the shoulder buttons, then do a quick ag slide before pressing that shoulder button. Works fine for me most of the time.
okie dokie :D

I think I just fundamentally cannot play aPat. At least not right now, since I still use a pad, and I cannot. do. JF Twister. That fucking move. That FUCKING MOVE. I drop so many combos and eat so much damage because I can't pull that move off except by accident, and without JF Twister I lose almost all of my throw and punishment potential.

THAT FUCKING MOVE

Oh no. 1B:B is relatively easy for me. I can get the timing down just fine, though if I haven't played him in a while I need to spend some time in training mode getting the feeling back for it.

But JF Twister is literally impossible for me. There is no way to get my thumb moving fast enough to make a 1frame button slide without hitting both of them at once. That's just not a thing that can happen. I've tried different button configs with the shoulder buttons, but none of them work. Until I get a stick, which will probably never happen, I can't do JF Twister, and until then I can't use aPat.

But JF Twister is literally impossible for me. There is no way to get my thumb moving fast enough to make a 1frame button slide without hitting both of them at once. That's just not a thing that can happen. I've tried different button configs with the shoulder buttons, but none of them work. Until I get a stick, which will probably never happen, I can't do JF Twister, and until then I can't use aPat.
Have you tried using the side of your thumb?

What I do for JF twister is I put my thumb near the edge of the A button and slide to the B button. For me it doesn't feel like I'm hitting the A button but I am. You can try that or use the side of your thumb like Solo said.

No.
They are in the sense that you have to press the subsequent attacks on the impact of the preceeding hit, but otherwise they are different. (So Solo can't patronise me =P)

1A: A: A
- (I think) Is a two frame window for each Just and you only get one attempt on the first just, which is to say, you can't use a turbo setup for example. Do it too early and you get 1AA, which is ass.

1B:B
- One frame window, you have to press B exactly 17 frames after starting the attack or it will fail, however you get multiple attempts, so if you theoretically pressed B once per frame during the attack you would get the just.

Hope that helps!

No.
They are in the sense that you have to press the subsequent attacks on the impact of the preceeding hit, but otherwise they are differant. (So Solo can't patronise me =P)

1A: A: A
- (I think) Is a two frame window for each Just and you only get one attempt on the first just, which is to say, you can't use a turbo setup for example. Do it too early and you get 1AA, which is ass.

1B:B
- One frame window, you have to press B exactly 17 frames after starting the attack or it will fail, however you get multiple attempts, so if you theoretically pressed B once per frame during the attack you would get the just.

Hope that helps!

Omg, Is 1B:B really a 1 frame window? I remember I read somewhere in this box and someone said it's 2 frame window from 16 and 17 frame
Does anyone confirm this ?

It was two frames originally, but in the current patch, it is a 1 frame window.
Thankfully, we can substitute 1B:B for other tools with relative ease. It is still useful, but you do not need to know it most of the time when one considers his other options, meaning you can learn it as you progress with Alpha, so don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

1AAA however is something you really should have as it is very good for wallsplats and ROs.

I keep hearing that 1AAA is a great move, but honestly I find it kind of hard to justify putting it into my rotation. It comes out really slow for such a close range move, and like you said without two perfect JFs it's totally unsafe. Almost every time I attempt to do it I get stuffed by a random BB or 2A.

Almost every time I attempt to do it I get stuffed by a random BB or 2A.
You need to sort out your life. =)
Use it as your opponent is getting up.
Too risky, it never hits grounded and is death on whiff. Use it If they wakeup without a wakeup attack, which you can confirm, most people don't have the balls to attack immediately after waking up into a guard, they're waiting to play off your oki. People can react to it, but the startup for 1AAA and B+K62B44B+K are indistinguishable, mixed up, blocking these two is a guess, they can't be reacted between.

Back