Just curious, what do you think of the A+K evades?

Just curious, what do you think of the A+K eva

I find out cool-secret thing : Anti-Amy :D when amy performs 66B,A you block first strike and then imidiatley 236A+K while Amy is jumping with A ; Voldo makes a `crouching-turn' under her and it puts him face to her back.
Instead of 236A+K after blocking first hit you can stay in full crouch and make FC3[A+K],MCFT B+K,MCFT 6A+K = Voldo hits her in the air, land in Mantis and hits again wiht MCFT B+K, im not sure the MCFT 6A+K is guaranteed, but anyway its cool

Another trick: While Amy`s 4B+K,B block 1st one and then perform 236A+K Voldo, it will avoid second hit by 'crouching-turn' and land also face to her back, ready to punish. Important thing is that Voldo must be at least one step back from Amy when blocking first hit. If standing closer to her he can simply evade second strike by 8A+K or 4A+K but it doesn`t lead to as much damage opportunities as evading by 236A+K.

I'm starting to think there's more to regular A+K than meets the eye after finding the following:
It completely evades both hits of mitsus 2KB, puts you in BS and gives you enough advance for a free BS BB. BS G+A_B gives you a backthrow, which you can mix with 1K or w/e.

It also evades his Relic A_[A] in a similar manner, but doesn't give you as good options.

I'm confused, when I think A+K, I think of the freak evades, are we talking about the same thing?

Someone mentioned dodging both hits of Mitsu's 2KB, I thought the evades only dodged one move?

We all really need to look into this thing, because if we can abuse Voldo's Freaky evades, we're going to be dealing with a whole new style of voldo that's going to piss so many people off.....mwahahahha

I think this calls for a list of all popular character combo's this move not only COMPLETELY EVADES, but leaves at advantage as well. The whole reason I didn't integrate much A+K into my Voldo is everytime I try the side ones where he transitions to Mantis Crawl, I get punished, and standing A+K's never left me at any advantage.

I'm confused, when I think A+K, I think of the freak evades, are we talking about the same thing?

Someone mentioned dodging both hits of Mitsu's 2KB, I thought the evades only dodged one move?

Yeah it does, but here's the thing: the K in 2KB triggers the evade and pushes voldo off axis when he "dances", causing the B to whiff. And it's consistent.

Not that sure it's better than punishing the 2KB on block though.

A+K by itself is pretty useless imo unless it's a forced guessing game and you want to mess with your opponent, but Voldo has plenty of other (safe) goodies for this purpose ~ It's the directionals (2A+K, 4A+K, 8A+K) that this thread is all about about, that's always what I figured evades as being =)

If you block mitsu's 2K,B (or even get hit by 2kB without getting knocked down ~~) you get a devastating combo for free)

That said, I still live by the evades, they save lives =)

-Manta-

evades are key to me for controlling the pace of the match. Those who have played my voldo know i will 8a+K just to fish sweep or m crawl to a better position. It really depends on your style of play if your a mad dog rudh down player id say use 2 or 8 on ppl who have are aggressive on wake up

Granted I only try/tend to use it against players who I know well enough to predict when they will use highs, but lately I've been a fan of 6[A+K], MCFT 6A+K, B+K, B.

Turning an evade into free, easy damage.

Back