Just Frames

Has anyone else noticed that 7_8_9K:K:K:K does more damage on it's own, than when it's preceded by 236kk? In fact, a lot of Yun's combos do very little more damage than this one attack alone, if not less damage. Also, CR 8K:K seems to be a quirky jf to me; sometimes it does more damage than the non jf version, but sometimes it does less. I don't really see the point of even adding that into the game if it doesn't do a noticeable difference in damage, give a frame advantage, etc.

Yes Mrtepes. I documented that fact a while back. Work on the JF tho. Punishing Mitsu 2KB for 73 damage is no joke.

Sorry if I missed any of those facts in another thread; I didn't see them here. I don't understand why sometimes the jf of CR 8K:K does less damage than the non-jf version though? Like why would anybody bother trying to time that right, if they could just sit back and get more damage out of it without a jf? Maybe it has something to do with equipment breaking or something :-\

Yes Mrtepes. I documented that fact a while back. Work on the JF tho. Punishing Mitsu 2KB for 73 damage is no joke.

I should really pay more attention to that punish list. I didn't even know 2KB was punishable by 8kkk. That just made my day!

Sorry if I missed any of those facts in another thread; I didn't see them here. I don't understand why sometimes the jf of CR 8K:K does less damage than the non-jf version though? Like why would anybody bother trying to time that right, if they could just sit back and get more damage out of it without a jf? Maybe it has something to do with equipment breaking or something :-\

Are you sure with this? I never recognized, at least while in trainig, that CR 8K:K does less damage than CR 8K only.

From 33B, it always seems to do more, but it was all over the board from CR A CR K CR 8K while in training. Maybe equipment broke or something, I'm honestly not sure.

Mmh, the only option that comes to my mind would be the scaled down combo damage. But this would go for the nonJF version as well. Will take a look at it in training tonight.

So, here is what I got in practice mode.
vs Nightmare, all settings on normal, except for CH later on.

NH
33~ CR 8K (66 dmg)
33~ CR 8K:K (71 dmg)
CR A~CR K~CR 8K (69 dmg)
CR A~CR K~CR 8K:K (71 dmg)
6[A]~CR K~CR 8K (67 dmg)
6[A]~CR K~CR 8K:K (69 dmg)

CH:
33~ CR 8K (72 dmg)
33~ CR 8K:K (77 dmg)
CR A~CR K~CR 8K (74 dmg)
CR A~CR K~CR 8K:K (76 dmg)

I always got more damage with the JF, but I don't know why you get different results. Maybe someone else has got an idea...
The broken equipment would count for both (JF and nonJF), so it shouldn't make any difference at all.

Thanks for checking that out; I don't know why I got such strange results :-\ I guess the JF is always worth it after all. Although I am a little disappointed it does such little extra damage, without offering any sort of extra advantage, such as the frame advantage on the crane kick JF. 2 extra damage on some of the combos is pathetic IMO, although I guess more damage is more damage...

That's right, take whatever you can. Though after CR A you have much more possibilities with CR K:G than just CR K, more damage and RO chances... and 33 is risky, leaves you bt and in crane... not so many possibilities for CR 8K:K, though it looks really cool. And that alone is worth for trying one or another 33.

How do you do CR k:G every time? Im sure im doing the quickest input and its not working.

I know this has probs been covered but im newish to Yun

CR K:G is not fastest input, you just have to press G at the moment knee touch opponent.

Back