Just saw the March 21st patch notes....:(

Krelian

[08] Mercenary
Looked at the patch notes on Sdtekken.coms page...this shit is terrible..I'd rather have somebody else post the changes but this is why im upset....

WRB BE is now slower on start up and only gi's upper mids or highs....decreased guard break...still safe though...:(

CE Damage is now 45...huh bad...:(

BT b+k kick launches higher for more combos...:(

44a is now even slower and the second spin can now be ducked...:(

WR3B damage decrease....:(

3B+k,k...damage decreased no stun on down hit...:(

Leixias tracking has been nerfed...I.e.4a+b and 4a,b both are easily evaded...:(

Wow namco why I don't want to play with Bullshit ass Patroklos and his Weakass sister Pyrra....
Stop forcing me with these bad changes....

Tira must have had something good about her for her to get nerfed that badly...

Anyway, I'm gonna stick with Leixia. I feel that she is still gonna be a solid character even after getting nerfed.

They had no right. We already did no damage, we were just fast. APPARENTLY NATSU IS LESS BROKEN THAN LEIXIA.

...Seriously, man. That's so unfair.

I definitely want to try out AA BE K and see how it works, now that the quake stun is going to be shortened.

I was worried this would happen. They should have learned from Capcom, that nerfs don't really go well.

I really dislike these nerfs, even though I personally haven't played this game in a while due to work and such, but looking at these nerfs make me cringe.

Namco should have learned that it's better to either buff or change some properties here and there to make each character to the same level as top tier characters, and only nerf the very necessary things, to make a more balanced game, like how SSFIV:AE2012 went with it's patch rather than go with the "nerf everything to heck" route of regular AE, which felt like it forced players to play top tier characters rather than stick with characters they liked/learned for an extensive amount of time.

On a positive note, I'll probably still stick with Leixia even with these nerfs, and see if they actually change the way you have to play her.

Kalas posting here:
In general I'm kinda disappointed that a character that relies on guard burst damage, evades and safeness gets nerfes in these aspects. And Leixia was upper mid at best, everybody who says she was too strong or top tier is just too (I'm sorry) stupid for this game.

I'll try it out in two days myself to see which influence words like 'increased' and 'decreased' really have.

I don't think it's that bad for Leixia, but looking at her list and aPat's list it's a bit obvious they missed the priorities here. At least we don't main Tira (sorry if you do).

This is ridiculous. Reading this at school (loleducationalpriorities) seriously ruined my goddamn day. They took her best moves and nerfed whatever was good about them. Left Algol relatively untouched (from what I understand he's a very formidable character) and left aPat almost untouched. WHY? Why does 44A have to be SLOWER and be duckable on block making it completely unusable? Why does her feint guard advantage have to be reduced? It was 4 goddamn frames not 20. Why does the tracking on those attacks have to be reduced when you could already step the shit out of them? Why did the stun on her 3B+K, K have to be taken out? THEN the damage nerfed? God damn it. Anyone know if/when the next patch will be out? If they realize they overdid it here, they might buff her to a state better than her original self next time. Hopefully. Maybe they'll bring back her command grab or something to make it up to me us. I would be set for life I swear to God.

It's not as bad as it feels right now. She still has plenty of tools to work with... All of her small disadvantage on block stuff is unchanged. CE doesn't scale as hard at the end of a long combo. BT B+K float helps with those WR B BE pickups out of stun. The 6KK nerf might not be that bad depending on the advantage you get on hit now, not like it wasn't one of the best punishers in the game as it stands now. 22K doesn't knock down... so you lost a RO gimmick and as long as it's advantage on hit you get a standing mixup instead. Personally I didn't like 22K besides as a RO gimmick because you can just roll backwards before she can tag you with 33BB... So I like that it doesn't knock down (provided it's advantage on hit)

All in all I think you guys just need to start using her other tools, they are still good and she has a lot of them. I have said since I actually learned the character that there are plenty of ways to play her, so figure one of them out because there are still a few left.

You did say that you were going to switch mains?

I'll keep Leixia as secondary. Patsuka's damage output is just too good to ignore. I feel I can go further with him.

Seems some people don't really understand what's been weakened and what's been improved, or neither. Just so people understand... here's the official list:

Leixia:
  • :A::aA+B+K::K: (Twilight Quake): shortened opponent's block freeze. - (Weakened)
  • :3::B: (Lian Hua Rush): maintain distance when guarded. - (Neither, could be an improvement, though)
  • :6::K::K: (Heaven and Earth): shortened opponent's block freeze on 1st attack to maintain distance. Opponent now stays sanding (not crouching) on 2nd attack hit and shortened opponent's block freeze. Decreased guard burst damage and lowered rise in critical gauge. - (overall weakening, less safe too)
  • :4::A+B: (Muu Jiann Retreat): decreased guard burst damage and lowered rise in critical gauge. Shortened opponent's block freeze on 1st attack. - (Weakened, could no longer be safe too)
  • :4::a-small:+:bB: (Muu Jiann Twist): easier to evade sideways. Shortened opponent's block freeze. Same change to :4::4::aB: (Lan Hua Twist) - (Basically means the aB may no longer have frame advantage on block)
  • :3::B+K::K: (From the Highest Heavens): shortened opponent's freeze on down hit. Decreased damage (40→30). - (Weakened)
  • :1::B+K: (Hwu Dye): opponent stays standing (not crouching) on hit. - (Neither)
  • While crouching :3::B: (Mei Guei Hua): decreased damage (30→26). - (Weakened)
  • While standing :B: (Great Wall): later start for invincibility against vertical attack. Shortened opponent's block freeze. - (Improvement, but also even less safe)
  • While standing :bA+B+K: (Winged Rhythm): later start for invincibility against vertical attack. Hitting the first hit stuns the opponent. Decreased guard burst damage . Changed guard impact properties (Upper Mid→Upper). Maintain distance when the opponent guards 3rd attack. - (A neutral change. Now only GIs highs, instead of highs and horizontal mids)
  • :4::4::A: (Lan Hua): starts out slower. Shortened opponent's block freeze on 1st attack. All characters can now duck the 2nd attack after blocking 1st attack. - (Neutral the longer start up, means longer tech crouch)
  • :3::3: or :9::9::B::B: (Twin Rhythm): decreased 1st attack's guard burst damage and lowered rise in critical gauge. Stays close on block. Shortened opponent's block freeze. Maintain distance when 2nd attack is blocked. - (Mostly weakening, less push back means and safety means it could be punishable)
  • :6::6: or :3::3: or :9::9::K: (Woan Shyong Swing): decreased guard burst damage and lowered rise in critical gauge. - (Weakened)
  • :2::2: or :8::8::K: (Circle Breaker): opponent stays standing on normal hit. Same change to :2::2: or :8::8::B+K::K: (Circle Breaker). - (Definite weakening. But it will still knockdown on counter hit)
  • While turning :B+K: (Reverse Chicken Kick): decreased damage (20→16). Launch opponent higher on air hit. - (Neutral change. The higher launch could lead to better combos)
  • :2::3::6::2::3::6::A+B+K: (River of Stars): increased damage (40→46) - (Improvement)

Basically the changes mean that Leixia players will actually need to use her guard break feints if they really want to break those guards more. While 44A and 4A+B feints will no longer be safe advancing moves with free guard damage and positives on block. Again, this basically stresses the need to learn to use 6BaB effectively. Which is what Leixia players should be doing.

Curiously, nothing said about how easy it is to interrupt many of her feints and strings. These probably haven't been changed, so Leixia will still end up applying a lot of risk for little gain. It's hard to say if she can do anything tricky against good players without being AA'ed, BB'ed, or 2A/1K'ed every time. Either players will end up not using these moves and stick to basics like AAB, BB, FC 3B, and use 6KK for punishing. It'll likely be the latter, since many players already stick to very basic setups and low risk moves.

Either way, Leixia's still very safe. She'll still have trouble getting combos started. And she'll still telegraph a ton. These changes don't fix these issues, but they don't make it worse. She'll probably stick around lower mid, unless her CE and BT B+K really open up some great new combo options.

I realize there are multiple ways to play her, but most of these nerfs are arbitrary and quite frankly inexcusable to me. Just because she has other options doesn't mean these ones should have been nerfed.

You said she's lower mid. Is a tier list out yet? I'm curious as to where everyone ranks. And if she's lower mid then *ahem* WHY THE HELL WAS SHE NERFED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Must have been listening to those idiots who play online random and get wrecked by quake because their neurological reaction time is shot. So they complain and get everything nerfed. /inaccuratespeculation

I do also agree that they should probably have stuck to buffing characters that needed it and only resorted to nerfs where necessary. It's like they felt they weren't doing their job if they didn't touch every character regardles of whether or not the changes were justified. Limiting options does not make for a more interesting game.

You said she's lower mid. Is a tier list out yet? I'm curious as to where everyone ranks. And if she's lower mid then *ahem* WHY THE HELL WAS SHE NERFED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Any tier lists made at this time are pretty much educated guesses, so I wouldn't really take ranking into consideration right now.

Ya I figured. I've seen some but I didn't take them seriously since the game just came out. I've been looking forward to a much more "official" one.

I honestly don't think it is that bad. For the players that hopped on the Leixia bandwagon it might be terrible but she still has her solid tools. Coming from an X player where her 1K only KD on ch anyway, its not a big loss. Most of X's + on block attacks from SC4 were +0, +1, +2 max (Not including SXS guard break) so if they decreased us from +4 back to +1 she still has an advantage, and being one of the fastest in the game, even if she was -2 you have to respect her speed.

And I agree with Bib I hate that 22K KD all the time unless it was against a rings edge or wall. The push way was annoying. I like to play more in your face the entire time, so any push back on hit annoys me. Her faints being more sidestepable.... no lose there, they were linear as heck anyway you shouldn't be predictable with them anyway.

The new WRB and BE version again goes back to X's Great wall. You couldn't spam it when you were scared you had to use it properly, to many Leixia's depend on her BE Great Wall when they didn't know what else to do. This patch while I agree is unnecessary people that are already screaming "I'm switching characters" sorry to say relied on the character more than their own skill.

I'm still with Leixia.

@bibulus and Silaeen - Oh cmon you to lets not act like leixia had thousands of options for winning...when your basic punishment game is now bad cause there were some things AA, BB couldn't punish there was 6KK, no dude these changes are unacceptable....Leixia was all about safeness, evasion and poking....all of this was nerfed...what kind ofuo character would she be after these key things are unavailable, Silaeen there is only one way you can use 6BaB I happen to use it in my game a lot...33BB tracking gone....why would they mess up her tracking in the first place...she couldn't track anyway...stepped all-day...her best moves are gone I guess you guys want me to use the useless 9kk, bad and then what about the people who just bought the strategy guide now we all have to relearn the game and a major is like this week....I for one in order to win will not use any of those BULLSHIT BLESSED BY THE GODS chars, or AXE MEN, or Nightmare the Ringout king....!!

Alexqd3 - dude I've been playing X since one...I didn't use Great Wall a lot until 3 in 2 it was good and it 3 it got godlike but for me X sucked in 4, she's was super slow and she lost what made her a good char....cancels! Next using WRB BE is like natsu using bombs....justframes and so forth it was a really great tool, I mean we are going us agianst ppl with straight guess grabs and vertical moves that launched while hitting the ground hell yes she needs evasion and seriously if she doesn't feel right that's it dude...I can't play this game no more...X went from main char with cancels to a stance char after 4 games she not even in anymore...and her daughter played great.....2 months later expect this mlg to be full of Apats Pats pyrras omegas and nights shit is about to be bad!

Back