Just saw the March 21st patch notes....:(

No the 44[A] ukemi traps still work as far as I can tell.

For WR B BE, seems like WR B BE, BT B+K, 1B will be a good combo now more okizeme opportunities. (The BT B+K relaunches high enough for 1B to connect now)

EDIT: a delayed 3B ender will do slightly more damage and keeps them on the ground

EDIT II: WR B BE works like an 'evasive' (or 'invincible) auto-GI against vertical attacks. If you successfully evade a Vertical, you get the reduced damage scaling that Kalas discovered. Using BT B+K, CE after this gives you a nice ~105 damage

EDIT III: seems like 2A doesn't tech trap after the 6KK knockdown any more. Guess Leixia's recovery was reduced (rather than the opponent's hit / blockstun). ... nope, still -16 on block. Guess they changed the ground stun too.

For WR B BE, seems like WR B BE, BT B+K, 1B will be a good combo now more okizeme opportunities. (The BT B+K relaunches high enough for 1B to connect now)

EDIT: a delayed 3B ender will do slightly more damage and keeps them on the ground

EDIT II: WR B BE works like an 'evasive' (or 'invincible) auto-GI against vertical attacks. If you successfully evade a Vertical, you get the reduced damage scaling that Kalas discovered. Using BT B+K, CE after this gives you a nice ~105 damage

EDIT III: seems like 2A doesn't tech trap after the 6KK knockdown any more. Guess Leixia's recovery was reduced (rather than the opponent's hit / blockstun). ... nope, still -16 on block. Guess they changed the ground stun too.

Can you check it again please, I don't have the game right now here. Tech after FC3Bb and after CH 8b+k BT b+k... 2 b+k tech still work for me but 44(A) doesn't... Of course i didn't test it so much.... Thank you

Best news I've heard all day. Thank you, and Kalas too.

I'll do more testing of my own once I get home, likely somewhere around 3:45 PM EST.

Ok, playing Leixia a bit more, besides the lower damage here's pretty much the things I changed with my playstyle.

Only used 33_99B,B in combos
Didn't use 22_88K at all
Used WR B and its BE variant less
Used the CE more

33_99BB still has a slight amount of pushback, and 22_88K has pushback too. So 44B after those isn't a terrible idea. I still use 22_88K because damage is damage, and the more unsure I make my opponent of how to block, the better. Trying to figure out WR B now, but the evasion bonus as aforementioned still makes WR bBE worth it. I'd still rather get a 3B into CE, though.

33_99BB still has a slight amount of pushback, and 22_88K has pushback too. So 44B after those isn't a terrible idea. I still use 22_88K because damage is damage, and the more unsure I make my opponent of how to block, the better. Trying to figure out WR B now, but the evasion bonus as aforementioned still makes WR bBE worth it. I'd still rather get a 3B into CE, though.
CE on its own does 77 damage. 3B into Ce does 76 damage. You'd do better to CE them on punish from nowhere. That way, you can always CE again for a total of 154 or so damage. If it's the last round and they have less than that, go for it.

CE on its own does 77 damage. 3B into Ce does 76 damage. You'd do better to CE them on punish from nowhere. That way, you can always CE again for a total of 154 or so damage. If it's the last round and they have less than that, go for it.
Yeah, you're right. It is i12... I'll try it more often.

EDIT: Except that I'm bad at inputting 236236, so the time it'd take to do that would make it too slow to be a punisher, at least for me.

Ok, playing Leixia a bit more, besides the lower damage here's pretty much the things I changed with my playstyle.

Only used 33_99B,B in combos
Didn't use 22_88K at all
Used WR B and its BE variant less
Used the CE more

33_99 B,B is coo' if you only use the first B then do 6B or something else that's relatively fast. It doesn't have a lot of cooldown on the first hit and the opponent most likely won't interrupt if they at least know that the move has a potential second part. Maybe the opponents I play are just stupid and that's why it works, but it's there.

I would kinda like to know what the 22K advantage on hit is. That will determine whether or not I use it.
I don't even like her CE and now I'll have to rely on it for damage. Bleh.
6KK is a travesty. I loved using that move when their guard was nearly broken. They had to choose between 1. get hit with it over and over until I'm smart enough to GI the second hit or JG or 2. block the hit and get combo'd.

-sigh-

22K looks like it's a 0+ on hit unless it's CH or something very close to it. You literally don't get enough time to do anything afterwards. It's a mix-up for both sides after.

22K looks like it's a 0+ on hit unless it's CH or something very close to it. You literally don't get enough time to do anything afterwards. It's a mix-up for both sides after.

This is more disgusting by the second. Seriously considering just dropping the game until the next update. Idk if I can take this. Call me a whiny little bitch if you wish, but this is just stupid. Playing matches with her online she just feels so much less effective in almost every area. It's irritating. I really feel that "later start for WR B verticle invincibility" nerf. Getting hit with everything when I use that move. 6KK is just ugh. 22K is basically gone if it gives you no advantage at all. I just don't like anything about this. At all. As a rule of thumb, if I'm not going be enjoy playing because of this and I'm just going to get irritated, it's better not to play. Just considering it at this point though. Soul Calibur is like crack so idk how well it would go.

I don't understand what the problem is, why people are still bellyaching over the changes. 22K is +0 on hit? I don't see how that's a bad thing. I mean... whenever you're moving around or sitting still, you're +0 as well. People do frame traps with -4 on block. +0 in addition to the fact that damage has been dealt is something that can be worked with, even considering pushback. And 6KK is i14, exactly as fast as Pyrrha's 236B and more versatile, leading to WR shenanigans. No, not as many as before due to the pushback on that move too, but options are still there and it's +8 on hit. So what if it can't guard break anymore? It's still damn useful; it's not even remotely a travesty.

I was playing online tonight, and I even got to be on stream for a while. I was doing really well. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-2 well. Until the really good players like Galen got on after the French tournament, anyways. But still, I did well today, and I'm going to do well tomorrow at Legacy Battles. "Less effective in every way" is such an exaggeration that it crosses the line into falsehood. There are certain things she can't do as well anymore. But as a whole, there's nothing wrong with Leixia. She's fine, I promise.

Obviously I was exaggerating by saying she's worse in every way (they didn't eat all of her moves <_>) But I'm still recovering from the shock /dramakingpowersgo

We're bellyaching over the changes not because they necessarily made her unplayable, but because they were arbitrary and unjustified and blah blah same argument that's been posted 20 times. What WR shenanigans does she even have? 3B and A+B? With A+B not working if you spaced it at all? The variety is making my eyes bleed. And why is it +8 when it was +10 before? Was the 2 frame removal necessary? They already nerfed everything else about it.
But whatevs I'll probably get over the stupidity of it all eventually. All this complaining is helping me vent my frustration. Yay.

22K is definitely not +0 on hit. It has to be +3. In training mode, I had Leixia follow up with BB after 22k on Viola, and traded hits with Viola's AA.

Viola's AA is 12 frames, Leixia's BB is 15 frame and they traded hits...

I like the new 22K because its puts them in your face while you are at a + advantage. Great way to go into 6baB and other pokes.

And her Guard crushing is still crazy! Some of the old moves that broke guard in 5 hits now break in 6, and some are still 5. This nerf looks way worse on paper, Leixia is still a beast.

22K is definitely not +0 on hit. It has to be +3. In training mode, I had Leixia follow up with BB after 22k on Viola, and traded hits with Viola's AA.
You sure that's not just the pushback allowing Leixia to outspace the AA? Also, how the Hell does an AA and BB trade?

I like the new 22K because its puts them in your face while you are at a + advantage. Great way to go into 6baB and other pokes.
Great mix-up. High. They guess mid, they block it, they guess low, you're screwed.

Viola's AA is 12 frames, Leixia's BB is 15 frame and they traded hits...

I'm pretty sure 22K is only +0 on hit, maybe +1 depending on the range.
And Leixia's BB is i14.

You are right thanks but i have a question, 44 (A) doesn't tech all sides before ??? because i was testing after patch with tech to the left and it seems doesn't work anymore to this side , and still working for right, and back. Or this tech trap was always in that way (only for back, right and front )??

22K is 0 on hit, no doubt about it.

The Viola thing is wierd because before it was the only horizontal I'd ever seen that could crush some vertical attacks like BB (that is, neat them at disadvantage, with flashy white effect)

Back