Just saw the March 21st patch notes....:(

Wait how can you CE x2? Did they make it bounce them up or something? Are we seriously going to have to rely on 44[A] for decent combos now? That's just cruel. Is there any way AT ALL to get that freikin move to connect? Even using it is punishable by death now because of the ability to duck it (which made NO sense since it was too slow to land except once in a blue moon already.)

As for the optimism, just think the worse off she is at the moment the better off she'll be in subsequent patches(hopefully). If they've nerfed her to SC2 Link tier, then they'll have to buff her back up come next patch. Suffer now, profit later.

And as my friend once said: "Fighting game devs never know who to nerf."

Wait how can you CE x2? Did they make it bounce them up or something? Are we seriously going to have to rely on 44[A] for decent combos now? That's just cruel. Is there any way AT ALL to get that freikin move to connect? Even using it is punishable by death now because of the ability to duck it (which made NO sense since it was too slow to land except once in a blue moon already.)

As for the optimism, just think the worse off she is at the moment the better off she'll be in subsequent patches(hopefully). If they've nerfed her to SC2 Link tier, then they'll have to buff her back up come next patch. Suffer now, profit later.

And as my friend once said: "Fighting game devs never know who to nerf."

You're really gimping yourself if you're not using 44A and its variants and 1A. They're decent combo starters and lead to Leixia's biggest damage returns for little to no meter usage.

@silaeen 44A was always hard to use and I barely used it, yeah it's a nice double horizontal but it was always able to be ducked and it wasn't as safe as it used to be, I only used it when u thought my opponent was too scared to attack other wise duck and punish that's what im saying that leixia never had a thousand options!

I've been researching stuff for the final portion of my frame trap guide, but this patch has left a *really* bitter taste in my mouth. I don't know that I'll be finishing it any time soon. Nerfing Leixia and Tira the way they did has really shaken my faith in the future of this game. BUFFING Astaroth, a character with one-touch-death wall combos, but nerfing the middle of the road characters? Leaving poor ZWEI to suffer? I like that they toned down Maxi, but I feel like they messed up one character for every one they got right.

Leixia's changes don't even follow a reasonable train of logic in most cases. FC3B did 30 damage before. Nobody complained about this move. It was an i19 move that did 10 more damage than its TC'ing, i17 variant. This is a reasonable trade off that by no means deserved their arbitrary nerf. She's one of the lowest damage characters in the game, yet she got damage nerfs? Her 44A was never a problem. It's not overpowered by any stretch. It's a horizontal mid with moderately good range that sets up a small damage combo on hit that has damage comparable to the raw damage done by similar moves on other characters. the +4 Feint nerfs were utterly mindless. Not only were these moves steppable on reaction before, but they had notorious hitbox issues that caused them to whiff. Namco took moves that were risky but moderately useful in certain situations and shit all over them without cause. The WR B (BE) nerf wasn't *entirely* without warrant, but they took it too far, nerfing everything about the move, instead of just the damage it did.

Honestly, the CE damage change feels like a slap in the face to me. It comes across as a cheap and poorly thought out way to "counter" the nerfs to her other areas. The only major complaint about Leixia that I have consistently heard from high/er level players is the double CE. If they had just limited her to 1 CE, tweaked her +4 feints to not be so buggy, and slightly reduced WR B (BE) damage, she would have been FINE. A perfectly competitive, unbroken character with solid mixup potential. Now she's a pixie hitting people for next to no damage, while retaining her only broken aspect when she has 2 bars.

Don't even get me started on the guard break nerfs. These are what piss me off the most. Her guard break damage was nowhere near being too high. Characters with more damage and comparable levels of mixup have equal/more guard break damage than Leixia, yet nothing was done to change these other characters. All in all, this patch was a botched effort that only fixed about half of the major balance issues in the game.

Goddammit, Namco.

Wait how can you CE x2? Did they make it bounce them up or something?
Nothing new about the double CE. That's day 2 stuff. I'm not sure why it connects because it won't land if it's not done asap even if the opponent stays on the ground.

I'm trying to be optimistic but I might just take a break from this game until Leixia gets good again. I've had things to do and I'm probably just being dramatic. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems? :/ At least when we lose, we can justify it by saying OUR CHARACTER IS SHIT.

I've been watching everyone around me break down, even the likes of Bibulus, but when I first saw the notes for myself, my reaction was more akin to, "huh... that sucks. oh well." Seeing everyone around me throw a shit fit lowered my confidence, though. And so did seeing my favorite combo go from 112 damage to a pathetic 75. But seeing everyone losing their minds while I wasn't quite distressed worried me. I wasn't distressed because a lot of the moves I make regular use of either weren't affected, or weren't affected in such a way that it would negatively impact me. So does that mean I'm playing Leixia just outright wrong... or does that mean I actually caught a lucky break and didn't have my playstyle shat on like everyone else here did?

I'm holding out hope. It may be because I'm not good enough yet to perceive how the changes will affect my playstyle, but for me at least, I don't think it's going to be as hard a hit as everyone and their sister is making it out to be. The local arcade here, Arcade Legacy, is holding a minor SCV tournament, with the patch, on Thursday night, starting at 8PM EST. I believe the stream url is www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy if you want to watch. I'll give it my all, for our sake.

The nerfs certainly won't make it impossible to win with Leixia. I think a large portion of why people have reacted as strongly as they have is because of the way the nerfs were implemented. She wasn't overpowered before, and now she's only weaker. Winning with her takes skill, reflexes, good reads, and some luck. That's how it should be, but the patch did nothing for her other than to require even more luck and more correct reads to win with her.

You can bet your ass that I'll still be a scary force to be reckoned with at my local tourneys, but every time I lose a round by 5% life, I'm going to cringe, knowing that I lost to some bullshit nerfs, not necessarily my opponent. Could I have done better and never let myself get hit by that last combo before finishing them off in that situation? Sure, but the fact remains that nobody can avoid damage forever, and nobody can read their opponent right every single time.

I'm not switching mains, no matter how badly they nerf her. I will continue to fuck people's shit up with her. It's just frustrating as hell that my character is weaker at high level play because of some arbitrary and unnecessary nerfs that didn't do anything to make her less broken. I'll push myself to make that one extra read that I'm going to need to make now, every single round. I won't be happy about it though.

That is how I feel. I'll still ride with her.

I might have a Taki player, but I'm a Xianghua/Leixia main at heart, I just didn't find out how much I liked Xianghua until Leixia at the beginning of SCV. (Played Leixia as main since day 1.) I'm not leaving yet, I play aggro Leixia, the nerfs didn't hurt me that much. Except how I have to rely on luck, because I got nerfed so hard. It's whatever though, I can play Aggro burst Leixia.

Ok played around for like a couple of minutes....Leixia is Done I repeat LEIXIA is done...this game is now HORRIBLE....its so fucking SLOW I just fought an A1 yoshi player.....it was God awful and also guys one more thing....WRB BE does not hit grounded anymore as well.....I AM TAKING THIS GAME BACK....SHE TAKES NO DAMAGE AND SHE CANT APPLY PRESSURE...SHE CANT EVEN POKE THE FUCKING BACKDASH IS ALSO LIKE TEKKEN NOW YOUR LIKE NEGATIVE 18 SO U CANT EVEN BLOCK....NIGHTMARE PLAYERS ARE GOING TO OWN US....

You're really gimping yourself if you're not using 44A and its variants and 1A. They're decent combo starters and lead to Leixia's biggest damage returns for little to no meter usage.

What? It's like a 40 frame attack that can be JG'd and has like -5. But if your opponent just happens to either be sleeping or use a string that's all high attacks and doesn't stop it fast enough to throw their guard back up, you get a semi-decent combo. Not seeing how I'm gimping myself. Guard break damage maybe? 1A is good though.

Ok played around for like a couple of minutes....Leixia is Done I repeat LEIXIA is done...this game is now HORRIBLE....its so fucking SLOW I just fought an A1 yoshi player.....it was God awful and also guys one more thing....WRB BE does not hit grounded anymore as well.....I AM TAKING THIS GAME BACK....SHE TAKES NO DAMAGE AND SHE CANT APPLY PRESSURE...SHE CANT EVEN POKE THE FUCKING BACKDASH IS ALSO LIKE TEKKEN NOW YOUR LIKE NEGATIVE 18 SO U CANT EVEN BLOCK....NIGHTMARE PLAYERS ARE GOING TO OWN US....

Not seeing how it's slower because of the changes? The game isn't necessarily horrible, your character is. Pick up a secondary for the duration of v2 if you feel it's too much. I wouldn't blame you tbh. If you stop having fun because your character was beaten over the head with the nerf bat until she agreed to stop being decent, then there's no point in playing them anymore. And again, completely fucking over a character will make them more prone to making them good again next time around. Best advice is to adjust your playstyle accordingly. Adaptations are the essence of competitive development. Brah.

Silaeen - what are you talking about 44A is terrible unless by luck u get it off but most ppl would just BB on reaction and u just lost damage

Fancy how they made 44A (41 frame startup ;D now slower) duckable on hit 2 but took away our ability to B+K under Asta's and Ivy's CEs. THEN buffed their damage and nerfed ours. Tee hee, Namco. I c wut u did thar u sly dogs.

Edit: Ok off topic but I'm seriously not seeing how double crit edge would work <_> What's the combo?

Edit: Ok off topic but I'm seriously not seeing how double crit edge would work <_> What's the combo?

Well, you do CE, then during the end of the animation you mash 23232323...A+B+K, A+B+K, ... until the next one comes out as soon as the first finishes. It will pick the opponent off the ground for one more round of JUSTICE.

Is the patch live?

Fancy how they made 44A (41 frame startup ;D now slower) duckable on hit 2 but took away our ability to B+K under Asta's and Ivy's CEs. THEN buffed their damage and nerfed ours. Tee hee, Namco. I c wut u did thar u sly dogs.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/307578276
around 2:10:57 should give you an idea on how soon you need to do the 2nd CE.

See, I wasn't aware it could pick up off the ground <_> Makes more sense. I presume this is only off of quake stun? Or would a counter CE work too?

edit: nvm holy shit that was a normal one. If only I'd known about this sooner =_=

Empty Sky - Dude I used Leixia because the other char besides mitsu are fucking blessed by gods so they are like Hercules strong...there's 2 ninjas that are like from the fucking leaf village...there's the strongest golem in the world Asta....then there's a guy with a demon behind him....bottom line besides leixia and Mitsu and xiba and ok maxi are at least fighting with real ftg styles not BS powers!!

Back