Keep up your motivation, community...

rashreflection

[09] Warrior
...because I've got a feeling that this game will make it into Evo as long as your efforts don't die down.

As someone who attended this year's event, I have overhead multiple staff members express the desire to run ALL new games next year. CvS2 and ST are as good as gone, and a couple of them have even said they have a "feeling" that 3s and Marvel will join them on the scrap heap.

Soul Calibur is one of the few fighting games with some mainstream presence, and I know you guys have been a hard-working bunch. As long as 4 doesn't suck, the game would fit in perfectly with this new theme of Evo's; objectively, it seems to be the most obvious candidate after SF4/Tekken 6/HD Remix.

I plan on learning it myself, so maybe I'll see you guys at a major!

Good luck,
Josh.

Even if it doesn't make EVO, Soulcalibur will always be the best. :cool:

If that shit Tekken is there, why can't Soulcalibur be? That had always puzzled me.

Even DOA4 made it.

SC2 was at evo for 2 years. The only reason SC3 was not there was because it was viewed as a broken game and SC4 was too young to be included this year. There is no doubt in my mind that SC4 will be in next years line up. This coming up year is a interesting time for fighting games. A bunch of new mainstream games are being released.

SC3 may be bad with VC but all Tekken's are broke and cheap.

T3 and under-Paul's wrath
TTT-Festival of WGF and Ogres
T4-Jin's home
T5.0-Steve's and Nina's home
DR-Mishima's again.

And it's lame to watch too. SC3 console had problems but nowhere near Tekken's history and yet they still prefer Tekken. :rolleyes:

Tekken 5 DR is probably near the ranks of VF in terms of balance. Just about every character is viable enough to win tournaments. I don't recall very many tournaments won by Mishimas/Devil Jin in DR. Don't know about Tekken 6, though.

I'll probably never fulfill my dream of going to Evolution, but I'll try to attend SCIV tournaments where I can. Tekken is still my main beef, but SCIV is definitely a mountain I want to climb.

SC3 may be bad with VC but all Tekken's are broke and cheap.

T3 and under-Paul's wrath
TTT-Festival of WGF and Ogres
T4-Jin's home
T5.0-Steve's and Nina's home
DR-Mishima's again.

And it's lame to watch too. SC3 console had problems but nowhere near Tekken's history and yet they still prefer Tekken. :rolleyes:

The ignorance in your statements just shows your ignorance in the Tekken series.

The ignorance in your statements just shows your ignorance in the Tekken series.

He's 100% right with Tekken 4.

About if Tekken matches are lame to watch, it's about taste, but, as for myself, I prefer a Soul Calibur match over Tekken nowadays. It wasn't like that in the past, though.

With SC IV already being leaps and bounds above SC III, it will most likely make Evo. The only reason why it wouldn't is simple SC hate.

In PR we know about Tekken, and yes it's all about tastes I agree.

IMO watching 2 guys turtle/spacing waiting for a whiff to land a launcher, to wall carry juggle or 50/70%, to hit/combo on the wall and the 50/50 mind game at the end with receiving part in low life. Round 2, rinse, repeat, so on so forth.

Or big oki character, floor the opponent and enjoy beasting him on the floor taking huge chunks while he recovers.

IMO, the 50/70% juggles are what kills this series for me and I know how to play this game but is just no fun giving or receiving the juggle. People turtle with reason 'cause they are afraid of the potential damage. And it becomes even more stupid when adding guys like DevilJin with their small throw break windows and floaters of hellsweep.

Tekken, pfffttt...I rather be ignorant. Soulcalibur for life. :cool:

I prefer SC over tekken all day long, I don't even like tekken, at least not since 3.

I just find tekken hate funny.

What would be the six games then

SFIV definite
Marvel will happen.
Tekken 6
SCIV
Blazblue
KOF 98 UM/KOF XII to round it out?

That would be nice, and all new games.

Seems like my initial impression may be right!

Ponder, one of the founders of Evo, has been in a discussion with the Smash Bros. community, and somewhere along the line he said (paraphrasing) "we are debating whether to run Brawl alongside new games such as Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, and Super Turbo HD Remix". Seems like Evo staff knows what's up with this game...

arstal, I already posted this on SRK but here is a possible lineup I can see:

SF4
T6
SC4
HD Remix
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Brawl
MvC2 (I think they can fit one more game in)

A couple of these require some explanation:

- The Evo staff was extremely impressed with the Guilty Gear side tournaments this year, to the point where a number of them apologized for how things turned out. The individuals in question also said that either Blazblue or GG will make it into the lineup next year, and it is now official fact that Blazblue will not come out in time.

- After the discussion with the Smash players, Ponder has outright stated that Evo will either run a traditional no-items Brawl tournament or drop the game altogether. I think the possible turnout will be too high for them to reject.

- A game as hype as Marvel needs a fitting send-off, and this year wasn't exactly it - 2 of the top 3 players in the world weren't there. Next year's Evo should be the place to settle this rivalry.

3rd Strike is also a clear possibility, but I think that will have a tough time staying since it almost always produces the most boring final 8. That's a major factor for the staff. Most if not all of its audience will migrate to SF4, as well.

-Josh

I don't feel so welcome here anymore. :(

Fuck um, I love tekken. :cool:

But I like SC more, much more.

Don't forget folks, watch for other Major tournaments on other sites featuring SC4. Go to them and support your game(s)*

S = Tekken too :)

SC3's failure is what did it for me to make to move to Tekken. Now that it's appears that Namco may have redeemed them self with SC4. I'm still hoping for online patches to fix balancing issues rather than bugs. After SC3's failure I permanently lost all hope for the SC series. I still feel the same way, but it's only been a little shy over 2 weeks.

Time will tell. ;)

IMO the reason SC3 was over before it began is the community had too much self hate... everyone was whining and crying after a month of release oh this is broke and that is broke... and in the end most of it wasnt. knee jerk reactions kept kicking the scene in the balls and its hard to recover from being that masochistic to yourself

I don't feel so welcome here anymore. :(

Why? It's just my opinion.

Nothing against you at all and again it's all about personal tastes. If you like Tekken, good for you and by all means keep playing it.

My only annoyance was for the dropping of the SC series when IMO is > than Tekken all around. Doesn't make sense!

I duno I got into them both.... I like the fact that tekken is all about who can come up with the sickest juggles imaginable and if you get hit with them well your screwed ha cause it does take some sick concentration to pull some of them off....

But i also love soul calibur, always have, I love the weapons, spacing, Mind GAMES :) , Ring Outs haha , plus the series has been around so long its just awesome to see how far its come.... Tekken pretty much the same way, but i will agree most tekkens were broken and the tournaments were pretty boring to watch as you knew pretty much who was always going to be in the finals and who they were going to pick each game... haha but thats just fighting games...

Back