Kilik videos

Genver vs. Oathkeeper

Again, I'm Kilik.

Appearently, Genver was doing a bunch of "random bullshit mix-ups and unsafe crap" and I kept eating most of it in the face. Again, psyching myself out for blocking low and shit like that.

Not to mention Genver's a cuteass fucker. ^_^

I'm not the best Kilik player but here's my advice.

For one definitely try to punish whiffs more often. Use 22_88 B and then follow with either A+K or 3kB~2B+K. Or if your opponent will recover too quickly for that using 3kB works well as a punisher(when in range).

When you are being pressured by an opponent who uses a lot of lows and mids Asura is great cause it hops lows and counters mids. Also a personal favorite of mine is A+K because it tech jumps and will usually catch someone side stepping. Also I would use Asura differently. Sometimes he would attack while you blocked and you would retaliate with Asura after while he blocked. This isn't the best method since a blocked Asura is easily punishable. You should try to us it as a counter instead which is it's major strength. Instead a better retaliation move is usually 6 AAA if it's blocked or ducked try to stop at 6 AA before finishing. A+K is not bad for retaliation either when the oponent keeps coming at you relentlessly. I'd also try using 1B to counter aswell it side steps and if it counter hits it gives a pretty nice reward.

Try experimenting with using BP as a wake up game or maybe 1_3 A+B. Use BP B when they don't role and use BP A when they do(if they decide to stay on the ground). If they decide to get up mix up between BP A_B_K You could definitely apply more pressure when someone's on the ground that way.

Try using iWS B at times it's safe and rewards greatly.

2 A+K is also not a bad move to try out. And one last note definitely refrain from over using 66 AA. For one there's almost never a reason to use it at really close range. It's good at long range to whiff punish and to catch an unsuspecting opponent off guard.

@ Oathkeeper: Agreed with Dman. Asura would've shut down the mixups gen used off of 1K. It's the most obvious setup for Cervy command throw so be aware. The match seemed more about you being Cervy bait than your Kilik skill so nothing much more to say. Oh don't use 2A+B on wake-up like that.

@ ShenOu: -_-

Shadowfox: you should really limit the use of A,A and B,B... you seem to use it way too often but your opponents werent really punishing you for it so you kept using it more and more... just use single A's and B's (2B rather). You are patient and your defense is pretty good but when you were on the offensive it looked like you were trying too hard and didnt block/whiff punish much at all. Also, know when you can auto-GI asura on certain strings... you had some opportunities for it. Hope some of this helps.

btw, watching vids of wing_zero, i think he plays kilik the way you're supposed to. He is very patient and plays within kiliks strengths and range at all times and doesnt rush anything... even if he has advantage he doesnt really go for much like most kiliks would. He wears his opponents down with patience and mindgames and doesnt fall into the same patterns... i've actually learned quite a lot from just watching his vids alone. Very solid.

Cynnik - the compliments are very much appreciated, man. I feel that the way I play is just one way to play Kilik; ShenOu, Hayate, BLDave, Ryujin, and SU all play different styles from me (with similar results).

Here are some vids from NEC:

Let me know what you think. Criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Just watched your match against KPC.
Comments are as follows.

1st match the way I'm reading your play, you're like freaking obsessed with landing FOTD RO out of FC mixups.
All i see is duck WS B, duck WS B, duck WS B... FOTD.. DAMNIT he ducked! duck WS B.
Its risky, but as in the final round it eventually buys you a round. So I'm right, then this is some trend between you and me. Lol and strangely enough it hasn't become a bad thing yet.

2nd match I kinda felt that you were moving a little faster than the pace I'm use to people talk about (for you at least). You were having a lot of issues against step and KPC didn't miss a single chance to capitalize on that. I see a lot of damage being taken off 66Bs that were a bit too hasty. Either way I think you look like you're not as patient in this match than the other 2.

3rd match I see hints of KPC freezing. The final round he seemed to have lost it and you just picked him apart. I also want to add that if you CAN do Asura JF you would have won it during that 4th round by double KO :P (I just HAVE to point this out.. I'm a dick)

Overall my general impression is that both of you played extremely patient games, and its really clear which rounds did KPC and you lose your composure in. And which rounds you didn't. Nothing you did apart of the FOTD RO in the 1st match could be credited to character ability. Also, I feel you had a lot of issues with dealing with step (or rather, seeing it coming)
Many times when you were both at neutral you went for a mix up, (WS B/MO or 66B/2A it seemed) and kPC just stepped all too easily away from it. Might want to implement a bit more 22A or 44A spamage into your game. Especially 44A. That thing is too strong now. XD

Now i sleep or i be late for work in the morning.

ShenOu: Damn, you're absolutely right lol. I was pretty nervous the whole entire time. I didn't implement 22A or 44A because I was afraid of 3B CH (if that makes any sense). In the end, I did start doing a few things to stop it (delayed wsB =p, throw).

I also did play at a faster pace than what I'm normally used to; I attribute that to being nervous :) I'm not sure how you noticed, but... ^_^

Thanks for the critique, Shen :)

Today, some selections matchs between Hayate's Kilik and Keev's Nightmare :

Well, nor Keev or I have played a lot together, and we lack's some anti-nightmare anti-kilik reaction, but at the end of the gathering, we were reacting much better. Still some good action on theses vids.

It would seem that you already have a decent anti-NM Hayate.

What I would suggest is when you're at mid-range against NM (or Sieg for that matter), that you block more at that range. NM has the edge over Kilik in this department and I feel that you could have avoided taking a lot of damage had you blocked more at mid-range.

Make sure you punish GS A with 6AA.

Your use of 4B is excellent; do you have any tips for landing it more?

Does 66K have TC frames? I saw it go under a few highs here and there...

Overall, I liked your Kilik a whole lot; Very mixup-oriented and spacing is top notch. I have a few comments for you vs. the Mitsu player, but that will come later...

You're probably right about blocking NM at far/mid range. His 33B and the one double mid circular is fast damaging. Also NM is punishable on many moves. Btw 8 5 BB is an exellent move versus NM's 33B / aGa mixup, let you spacing and countering.

4B have some tracking proprety, in a lot wakeuping situation, if the opponnent tech anyside, he can't step the 4B forced to block it, then you mix it with 4 to gain the soul damage gauge. For whiff punish its fast enough to punish even at far range. There is a secret timing on 4B, you charged it a little and release, it's seems to comes faster, i remember that Tharon Mortis has tested this frame data at SC2.

66K can also avoid some verticals sometimes, it's seems to step a very little, for TC frames i don't really know, but the second K seems to have great priority. Mix it beetween 1, 2 kicks, and include throw / auto-gi / autoevade, it have good pressing options with Kilik.

Also you can notice that 214B and 214 delay A is ungiable if you time the A to hit when your opponnent release there low guard to GI.

Wow, your anti-Mitsu is ridiculous! Cdric looked like he had a really hard time O_O

1) Your use of MO A/Throw in this set is simply superb.

2) I noticed that you executed 11B while moving forward...what is the motion for that?

3) 11B (hit) ---> 4B+K (hit) ---> 4B. Is this a block trap?

4) I also noticed that when you didn't finish FOTD throw you went for a fully charged 4B; is this another block trap?

5) You jumped through Mitsu's unblockable twice o_O Is this some type of glitch or something?

6) When you're on the ground against Mitsu; don't use A+B! That's just asking for it :)

7) Make sure you punish Mitsu's 3B with aB or 46B whenever you can.

8) When you step Mitsu, instead of going for 88_22B launch, you should go for A+B. A LOT more damage

Again, really solid stuff man. You got some vids of you vs. Saitoh/Kayane? I'd like to see that...

2) I noticed that you executed 11B while moving forward...what is the motion for that?
=> 6~6~1B or whatever the direction that you start the 8wayrun you can finish on the direction you want to execute the correct move.

3) & 4) Yes, after all the KND move of KILIK where you can't go for a Tech Trap you can generaly go for a BLOCKTRAP 4B, it can't be steped. Also the full GB version can only be steped one side!! After FOTD I believe that it can't be steped anyside, but i have to test more versus other char.

5) Yes that's a glitch that i have found, works versus this Mitsurugi Imblocable, just tap 7

6) Well i know, sometimes i do several move only for the fun, don't worry i don't do this a lot on tournament, but it can still be used sometimes.

7) Yes, also 1K punish it, but i don't have the reaction skill yet.

8) Yes, especially after 66B on the left side. Also you can end on a techtrap option when you hit side A+B then 66B non AT -> 88B tech trap.

9) No vid actually vs Saitoh/Kayane. Maybe next week for Kayane. As for Saitoh, i don't really manage to beat him actually with Kilik, but i'am working on it.

Lol first round of the first link made me laugh. It's as Lee gave up on the notion of coming back so he was just praying for 3B into 44AA to hit haha.

Nice reaction on GIing Mitsu into teh wall then doing the 3G+B. Your Kilik has such a great balance of rushdown and zoning. It's really intimidating.

I've told my friends here this a few times, but I really feel the French (Your crew) have some of if not the most entertaining vids coming out right now. Thanks for upping them.

Back