KiLLer Instinct [Xbox One Exclusive]

Yo add me on Live.
Ok but I'm not a day one adopter. I'm not getting Xbox One till around March when Titanfall comes out. Wanna make sure there are no problems with the console and hopefully more features will be live by then.

I will be at my brothers house playing Xbox One till then.

Ok but I'm not a day one adopter. I'm not getting Xbox One till around March when Titanfall comes out. Wanna makes sure there are no bugs with the console and hopefully more features will be live by then.
This is a smart thing to do. Don't ever buy a console at launch.

I'll probably get one on Black Friday next year (hopefully season two will be a thing by then), unless something too good comes out for the PS4.

This is a smart thing to do. Don't ever buy a console at launch.

I'll probably get one on Black Friday next year (hopefully season two will be a thing by then), unless something too good comes out for the PS4.
Make no mistake. If the console was how it was announced at E3 (with the "supposed" restrictions) I never would've canceled my pre-order.

Ok but I'm not a day one adopter. I'm not getting Xbox One till around March when Titanfall comes out. Wanna make sure there are no problems with the console and hopefully more features will be live by then.

I will be at my brothers house playing Xbox One till then.
I agree with you. No chance I'd have one if it wasn't a gift. I'll look out for you though.

The supposed "bad for gaming restrictions" that would've actually saved us money while simultaneously making the used market redundant.

Who do you plan on playing or are you just gonna feel each character out when it releases?
It's only guaranteed money saving would've been for Digital Games only, and only then it's only for your list of shared friends.

Imposing those restrictions on physical media doesn't save us anything, and is an injustice to any free market.
And until we are in a 100% digital world, 100% only, do those restrictions have a place.

Who do you plan on playing or are you just gonna feel each character out when it releases?

No idea. Seeing as I was financially unprepared to own this console, Killer Instinct is probably the only game I'll have for a month or so, meaning I plan on buying everyone and trying them out.

Ya my friend is getting the XB1 in like 6 hours, and i think i may go to his place to try out KI. However he's too poor to get the stick right now, meaning i'll have to deal with XB1's uncomfortable and incredibly cheap feeling controller. Like Dual Shock 3 cheap feeling.

Okay then. I went tot he XB1 launch with my friend, got free swag, and went to his place for hte last two days playing Killer Instinct.

1. XB1 controller truly sucks dicks. It did when i got my hands on it at demos and it only shows more over a longer time playing with it.
2. KI is MUCH better in this version than it was at EVO and before. Feels more complete. Combos are a mix of stupid and intriguing, has a better footsie game than before and a bunch of (what will become) mindgames built into the combos and resets. As of now though everyone is just mashing counter and it's hilarious seeing how many people rage quit on me Day 1 on this game.
3. Sadira is who i use. I'm pretty sure she's going to be broken. Her Instinct allows for some seriously stupid stuff that i was barely tapping into, as well as crazy damage and Enders into juggles.
4. I fought SO MANY JAGOS, because of the free version. Wind Kick is hilarious.

So overall a good experience with the game.

Also Dead Rising 3 looks nice but is kinda boring. Ryse looks really nice and is extremely lame.

I'll just play the classic KI until later on next year or so. That way the game will be more complete by then. Plus the only stick out there for the X1 is like 200 bucks! So an X1 plus the stick is like 700 bucks! So unless you're rich or something you can't afford that.

Plus like the person above me, I tried the X1 controller at a Future Shop. The Dpad felt awkward to handle and couldn't perform moves as well.

I'll pass on the X1 until there is more of an extensive game library for it. Plus I heard some people had faulty disc drives with the damn thing! Best to get it later when they start fixing this problem.

Last edited:
Combo breaker my ass.

That's not really a "Combo" he got 3 Counter breakers in there, that's basically where you stop inputting attacks, and you bait them to mash a Combo Breaker, and if they don't, your combo ends, but if they do, then you get bonus damage + it extends the combo.

That player just fell for it 3 times in a row.. =P

I love this new Killer Instinct. You have to get good at seeing the individual moves to do combo breakers, if you play a guessing game, the house always has the advantage. Can't wait to see Spinal, and Fulgore, as well as this crazy story mode that they'll be implementing xD

No idea. Seeing as I was financially unprepared to own this console, Killer Instinct is probably the only game I'll have for a month or so, meaning I plan on buying everyone and trying them out.
I was pretty much the same way since there was no Combo or Fulgore but Chief Thunder is really clicking with me after sitting down with all the characters. I'm digging Orchid too but I doubt she will last when Fulgore drops.

I was pretty much the same way since there was no Combo or Fulgore but Chief Thunder is really clicking with me after sitting down with all the characters. I'm digging Orchid too but I doubt she will last when Fulgore drops.
Just learned I'm probably not getting my One until January or February.

Back